Battle of Los Angeles

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Toxicarius
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Battle of Los Angeles

Post by Toxicarius »

Not Battle Colon Los Angeles, the umpteenth alien invasion movie opening this Friday, and definitely not some sucky album by some sucky band, this is about yet another alien invasion movie airing on Syfy the day after that other colon'd invasion movie opens. And while that big budget colon movie promises thrills and chills and gobs of expensive CGI, the Syfy piggyback job promises thrills and spills and gobs of laughably bad CGI. Yet it might be worth watching for the unintended humor aspect... maybe... I've been burned by these Syfy Original movies before, more times than I care to admit, but this one could be "good," so to speak. Ninja chicks killing drone ships with swords is one selling point... :mrgreen:

http://video.syfy.com/movies_events/syf ... es_events/
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Re: Battle of Los Angeles

Post by hipster holocaust »

I hope LA loses
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
soiled depends
I'm always posting. At all times.

Post by soiled depends »

LA lost a long fucking time ago...
does your employer know that you are a cold hearted animal murderer in addition to being an insatiable pervert?-meatgrease
only a fundamentally insecure asshole would relish in the death of domesticated cats-chad

Honky Kong 64
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by Honky Kong 64 »

OH I GUESS I MISSED READING THAT ON THE FRONT PAGE WHENEVER THAT HAPPENED
No Cunting Elves
Mendicant
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Mendicant »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0267116/

all you need in the alien invasion genre
krudmonk
Bonestorm 13

Post by krudmonk »

hipster holocaust wrote:I hope LA loses
Is it because of the mountains, palm trees or sunshine that you envy LA, Luigi?
UGH! HEEEYYYYY!!!!!!!
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

hahahaha :tup:

And that album totally rules wtf op
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
milkmandan
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by milkmandan »

Tom Morello makes his guitar sounds like turntables scratching whooooaoaoaaa
ImageImageImage
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

I thought this was going to be able the only true Battle of Los Angeles

SAUSAGES!!!!!!!!!!
Map, Monitor, Surge

Post by SAUSAGES!!!!!!!!!! »

Last edited by SAUSAGES!!!!!!!!!! on Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SAUSAGES!!!!!!!!!!
Map, Monitor, Surge

Post by SAUSAGES!!!!!!!!!! »

japanese air attacks on american soil
Broken Into Pieces
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Broken Into Pieces »

The Schwartz wrote:I thought this was going to be able the only true Battle of Los Angeles

Ha. I am both surprised and pleased that somebody else already made the indy wrestling post that I came into this thread to make myself :tup:
Image Image
Xbox 360: Pabo Byungshin
¡Viva los Rudos!
oskorei noise industries
Toxicarius
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by Toxicarius »

james wrote:And that album totally rules wtf op
{place your favorite Deal With It .gif here}

And this is still about the shitty Syfy movie... let's hope LA buys it in an awesome orgy of hammy acting and boneheaded CG faggotry... :theylive:
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Post by hipster holocaust »

krudmonk wrote:
Is it because of the mountains, palm trees or sunshine that you envy LA, Luigi?
the only thing i envy is your mexican food
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

milkmandan wrote:Tom Morello makes his guitar sounds like turntables scratching whooooaoaoaaa
yeah he should've gone for the 'shreiking wall of brown ambiguity' and joined a brutal goregrind crust band
Toxicarius
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by Toxicarius »

So, I watched it... with a friend (who now hates me). I can say without hesitation that that so-called movie was the biggest piece of crap I ever did see (and that's saying something, because I've seen some mighty mega crap in my days), but I was laughing my ass off at the same time. This movie made absolutely no sense whatsoever. Character development was stuck at zero, unless negative numbers are permissible here. Various people walk on and off camera with absolutely no explanation of who they are or what they are doing. The action sequences were staged by obviously clueless morons with no understanding of military tactics or even common sense. If only the acting was a little more OTT hammy, this movie could've been perched near the top of Crap Mountain. As it is, it's well worth a good 'n stoned "so bad it's good" party, but just once. Multiple viewings could be hazardous to your sanity.
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

Toxicarius wrote:The action sequences were staged by obviously clueless morons with no understanding of military tactics
Not only that, but whoever wrote this movie clearly didn't know that aliens have never invaded Los Angeles. How many more inaccuracies must we be forced to withstand?
Britton
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by Britton »

Toxicarius wrote:So, I watched it... with a friend (who now hates me). I can say without hesitation that that so-called movie was the biggest piece of crap I ever did see (and that's saying something, because I've seen some mighty mega crap in my days), but I was laughing my ass off at the same time. This movie made absolutely no sense whatsoever. Character development was stuck at zero, unless negative numbers are permissible here. Various people walk on and off camera with absolutely no explanation of who they are or what they are doing. The action sequences were staged by obviously clueless morons with no understanding of military tactics or even common sense. If only the acting was a little more OTT hammy, this movie could've been perched near the top of Crap Mountain. As it is, it's well worth a good 'n stoned "so bad it's good" party, but just once. Multiple viewings could be hazardous to your sanity.

This is good to know. We're going to see it tomorrow, heard it was bad from just about everyone and hoped if it was bad at least it was bad in a way we could laugh at the shit.
Krieg wrote:Fucking Skyclad killed Leslie Nielsen.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

britton....
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

Can it be? Are skyclads eyes crusted over with cheeto dust too?
Toxicarius
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by Toxicarius »

ImageImageImageImageImage
soiled depends
I'm always posting. At all times.

Post by soiled depends »

Friendly Goatus wrote:Can it be? Are skyclads eyes crusted over with cheeto dust too?

that faggot always scrapes the bottom of the barrel...
does your employer know that you are a cold hearted animal murderer in addition to being an insatiable pervert?-meatgrease
only a fundamentally insecure asshole would relish in the death of domesticated cats-chad

Toxicarius
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by Toxicarius »

Toilet Fleet wrote:
Toxicarius wrote:The action sequences were staged by obviously clueless morons with no understanding of military tactics
Not only that, but whoever wrote this movie clearly didn't know that aliens have never invaded Los Angeles. How many more inaccuracies must we be forced to withstand?
Something tells me you didn't see it, otherwise you wouldn't be making such sarcastic commentary. Here's a few head scratchers:

Military personnel firing handguns repeatedly (incessantly) at spaceships flying overhead at 10,000 mph.

Air force jets taking off from a short, rocky dirt road (criss-crossed by telephone wires) within an abandoned quarry.

A gravel-voiced major (the best character by far... too bad they killed him off early) shoots down one of those ships with his trusty 6 shooter, and as he approaches the downed ship, a laser gun turret pops out and fires at him. The major manages to duck and doge, finally seizing control of the laser... which has a pistol grip and trigger for some reason... and uses it to shoot down another ship. And as that second ship speeds directly at him in an obvious suicide run, our major, who mere seconds ago was firing lasers with merry abandon, watches helplessly instead of trying to blow it out of the sky.

A pointless assault on some weird gun turret thing located in the middle of an abandoned, anything but strategic, boarded-up ghost town. And when the leader of this assault team is cut down by the turret thing, it pumps zillions of space bullets into his prone proto-corpse for 10 minutes non-stop, but somehow he survives long enough for the dying inspirational speech to his second. :roll:

Then came the above-mentioned ninja chick... :theylive:

But the best part of all was an honest to god circular firing squad. Some sort of floating ball thing pops out of an alien robot's head and our heroes actually surround it with guns drawn. Is there a friendly fire incident? What do you think? :awesome:

And trust me... I'm just scratching the surface. I didn't even mention the bizarro end boss encounter with the alien tentacled monster thing, stolen from the first Hellboy movie. My head hurts just thinking about it...
John Jr.
Mac N Cheese ONLY.

Post by John Jr. »

shitton doesn't read, he just scans. no wonder he's so clueless.
"FUCK YES MORE LAWS RIGHT NOW ALL THE TIME! LAW LAW LAW!" - Geeheeb
"OH I FORGOT, MORE JAILS TOO RIGHT NOW! FUCK YEAH JAIL JAIL JAIL!" - Geeheeb

"I don't recall quoting you as a shitbrain specifically... the shitbrain experience is not exactly the same for every shitbrain" -big rossman
Crushing Bastards
Gear in the Machine

Post by Crushing Bastards »

The movie will make great fodder for people to use in their own youtube flicks.
Bored013 wrote:I'm sure there are many times when they realize they're all fucking the same girl that they think "Hey, what the fuck, cut out the middle (wo)man!" and just fuck each other. Brotherhood, manliness, looking into each other's eyes lovingly as a a fire raged behind them...burn down the world...