Atheist live in NYC

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Obesese Witherspoon
One Of Many Accounts

Atheist live in NYC

Post by Obesese Witherspoon »

The pros: Getting to see a band called Atheist on Ash Wednesday, They have some of my favorite songs. Steve Flynn was on fucking point.

The cons: Barely 100 people, Kelly Shaeffer stills seems awkward without a guitar, Santos party house sucks

The I'm not sure what to make of it: Kelly treated this show as if it was Wacken and 40,000 people were there. I'm usually all for a band giving it their all no matter if there are 5 or 5000 people but this seemed a bit weird.
Hell-haine wrote:she should stuff it in her vagina like any responsible female .
Introvert
7th Church of the Apocalyptic Lawnmower

Re: Atheist live in NYC

Post by Introvert »

Kelly's vocals fucking suck these days. Their set at MDF was a huge let down.

And what kind of 'tour' was this? Were they on their own private jet or something?
Friendly Goatus wrote:and stop being a dick to your cat
Obesese Witherspoon
One Of Many Accounts

Introvert wrote:Kelly's vocals fucking suck these days. Their set at MDF was a huge let down.

And what kind of 'tour' was this? Were they on their own private jet or something?
Well they played Scion Fest so they probably made a gazzilon dollars. They had a bus, nothing too fancy but it was nice. Kelly's vocals were ok, not amazing and not as bad as many said about MDF.
Hell-haine wrote:she should stuff it in her vagina like any responsible female .
soiled depends
I'm always posting. At all times.

Post by soiled depends »

Obesese Witherspoon wrote: The cons: Barely 100 people

time to hang up the skates...
does your employer know that you are a cold hearted animal murderer in addition to being an insatiable pervert?-meatgrease
only a fundamentally insecure asshole would relish in the death of domesticated cats-chad

chris narcosis
ultimate EVIL

Post by chris narcosis »

I LIVE IN TOKYO WHAT OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ratanda
How's them beans, ma?

Post by ratanda »

They're playing here Saturday. Last time I saw them, just about every time Kelly lifted the mic to sing, the leopard print tattoos on his forearms became visible and I just kept thinking how stupid they were.
Mooretician
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Mooretician »

Plus they are probably going to play a bunch of terrible new material. I am still baffled by how/why people liked Jupiter so much. Its awful, and 90% of the problem is the lyrics and vocals. "Jesus Faux King Christ"? Come the fuck on.
copstache wrote:on a positive note, i hope if i get old and encrippled my nurses come and put on Judeobeast Assassin and watch my horrible atrophied limbs twitch in some mess of neurons flickering and dying
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Obesese Witherspoon wrote:Steve Flynn was on fucking point.
I don't believe you.

Saw them about a year ago. It was exactly what I expected. Sloppy, but energetic and fun. And if you don't like Kelly Shaefer's stage persona, you're a bad person. Sorry.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

It's not so much that I think Flynn fucks up too much (he didn't when they were here), his timing is just not good because he's playing stuff that's beyond his ability. But yeah, Unquestionable Presence sounds like that, so I guess it's... authentic.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Post by hipster holocaust »

Introvert wrote: Their set at MDF was a huge let down.
yep. i would go as far as saying biggest disappointment of '09, even more than mayhem.
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
ratanda
How's them beans, ma?

Post by ratanda »

The set last night was alright. Chris Baker nails those guitar parts, but I still can't think of it as Atheist so much as "Kelly Shaefer, Steve Flynn and some dudes."

Unquestionable Presence
On They Slay
Second To Sun
Mineral
Fraudulent Cloth
An Incarnation's Dream
Live And Live Again
Your Life's Retribution
Air
Mother Man
Faux King Christ
Piece Of Time
Vanessa America
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Vanessa America »

The NY show was poorly advertised.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Pyrite Medal of Ignorance wrote:fuck you, you ginger whore.
http://domestigrind.bandcamp.com/
http://www.facebook.com/catbombnyc
dreweq
git help.

Post by dreweq »

kelly has a really sad axl rose thing going on. without rand burkey on guitar it seems pretty futile to me since he was such an original. would still def sneak in.
Obesese Witherspoon
One Of Many Accounts

dreweq wrote:kelly has a really sad axl rose thing going on. without rand burkey on guitar it seems pretty futile to me since he was such an original. would still def sneak in.
Rand can't get his shit together at all. Chris Baker is pretty bad ass.