girl finds a lot of rape in nbc sitcoms

Music posts are a bannable offense.
User avatar
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)
Posts: 9908
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:56 pm

Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:57 pm

If cancer was exploited or touched upon in drama nobody would object to it. I don't really get why jokes make people go insane.
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
User avatar
copstache
Total Recluse
Posts: 22958
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:29 pm
Location: http://420.moe/

Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:59 pm

i seriously have to leave my apartment now because i can't stand thinking about people who take ANYTHING that seriously, whether incidental jokes in a sitcom or the adult love of nine inch nails

ser fucking biz
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______
Posts: 17879
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:12 am
Contact:

Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:05 pm

:tup: :what: :tup:
User avatar
Teebore
Sir Posts-A-Lot
Posts: 11723
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:04 pm
Location: South Bend IN

Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:19 pm

Nearly everyone on this planet gets affected by cancer one way or the other and if you don't find this hilarious, you're fucking dead to me.
everyone is miserable, xasthur fans are bigger liars
-smoeone
User avatar
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe
Posts: 61866
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:42 am
Location: Feelin' fine.
Contact:

Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:31 pm

james wrote:I don't really get why jokes make people go insane.
I think it's a misinterpretation of laughter's function, and an underestimation of its spectrum of meaning... they think it's all derisive when it can be so much more.
Image
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
John Jr.
Mac N Cheese ONLY.
Posts: 7755
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:22 pm
Location: Anxious about Status

Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:08 pm

"It's either laugh about it or cry about it, baby, and i hate to be a downer...."
"FUCK YES MORE LAWS RIGHT NOW ALL THE TIME! LAW LAW LAW!" - Geeheeb
"OH I FORGOT, MORE JAILS TOO RIGHT NOW! FUCK YEAH JAIL JAIL JAIL!" - Geeheeb

"I don't recall quoting you as a shitbrain specifically... the shitbrain experience is not exactly the same for every shitbrain" -big rossman
User avatar
p4vl
Cause Of Death
Posts: 484
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:34 pm

Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:29 pm

Pisscubes wrote: Sloppily applied theory by people who don't even seem to have an kind of grasp on said theory in the first place is obnoxious. It's even worse than elitism... it's fake, unearned elitism. It's someone who doesn't know what they're talking about but still manage to get high and mighty. Be it some asshole who wants to tell you how "post-modern" pretty much ANYTHING is or the girl who sees rape in Bugs Bunny it's just... why? And why be so fucking preachy about it?
Because she's uncomfortable with the fact that she's completely obsessed with rape. I can't imagine that this woman is capable of enjoying sex in any way, shape or form.
User avatar
soiled depends
I'm always posting. At all times.
Posts: 33105
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:26 pm
Location: Decapitation Capital of Canaduh

Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:31 pm

we had a lot of this tpye of feminism in the 90's. I attribute it to assholes being in their 20's.

Seriously, like what the fuck do these people know?
does your employer know that you are a cold hearted animal murderer in addition to being an insatiable pervert?-meatgrease
only a fundamentally insecure asshole would relish in the death of domesticated cats-chad

Image
User avatar
riley-o
beautiful distorted postblazing
Posts: 38670
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:05 pm
Location: Inside Crystal Mouvntain
Contact:

Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:05 pm

i will pre-emptively caveat this post with mention that i find off-colour humour hilarious a lot of the time and personally am untroubled when people are making light of something that is otherwise horrible. this original website is a real D- project from a first-year women's studies course

however like pretty much every other person in this thread i'm a middle class white male who will most likely never be raped and given that i think it's pretty disingenuous to put on this air of "well if i can't joke about rape then i basically can't even say anything without someone being offended !" sure there are people looking to get offended by anything and sure some rape jokes are legitimately funny but for me i guess taking into account time and place and company has a large measure of importance-- the difference between carlin on stage or record talking about rape being funny, and bringing up child molestation out of nowhere on someone else's facebook is that people are seeking carlin out to hear what he has to say, one way or another whereas you're going onto that person's facebook (who you now admit has a history of feminist/activism) and making off-hand comparisons about child molestation. if you had done that to me i wouldn't be upset but i sure as hell wouldn't do it to anyone short of very, very close friends (basically my mom and sister actually, haha) about who i was sure of the thick-skin and wouldn't be surprised if i got called an asshole for it. i guess her "i feel like i've responded in kind to those kind of jokes enough that you'd cease to make them out of respect for me" sort of sums up my point here. you can generally tell the people who are going to be upset by these things (maybe they've even told you), and while you may think it's eye-rolling that they have such thin skin, i don't think it's unreasonable to admit being thin-skinned about something and asking a friend to refrain from being a dick on facebook. i don't mean to say that i disagree with your justifications for the remark but i do think it's disrespectful to do something you probably can assume will be hurtful to someone you care about.
NO WUM CAM BEEP MAYYG BUX

HUG TERROR SQUAD FOREVER
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______
Posts: 17879
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:12 am
Contact:

Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:38 pm

riley-o wrote:i will pre-emptively caveat this post with mention that i find off-colour humour hilarious a lot of the time and personally am untroubled when people are making light of something that is otherwise horrible. this original website is a real D- project from a first-year women's studies course

however like pretty much every other person in this thread i'm a middle class white male who will most likely never be raped and given that i think it's pretty disingenuous to put on this air of "well if i can't joke about rape then i basically can't even say anything without someone being offended !" sure there are people looking to get offended by anything and sure some rape jokes are legitimately funny but for me i guess taking into account time and place and company has a large measure of importance-- the difference between carlin on stage or record talking about rape being funny, and bringing up child molestation out of nowhere on someone else's facebook is that people are seeking carlin out to hear what he has to say, one way or another whereas you're going onto that person's facebook (who you now admit has a history of feminist/activism) and making off-hand comparisons about child molestation. if you had done that to me i wouldn't be upset but i sure as hell wouldn't do it to anyone short of very, very close friends (basically my mom and sister actually, haha) about who i was sure of the thick-skin and wouldn't be surprised if i got called an asshole for it. i guess her "i feel like i've responded in kind to those kind of jokes enough that you'd cease to make them out of respect for me" sort of sums up my point here. you can generally tell the people who are going to be upset by these things (maybe they've even told you), and while you may think it's eye-rolling that they have such thin skin, i don't think it's unreasonable to admit being thin-skinned about something and asking a friend to refrain from being a dick on facebook. i don't mean to say that i disagree with your justifications for the remark but i do think it's disrespectful to do something you probably can assume will be hurtful to someone you care about.
this is all fine but thats not at all what happened here because, again, it was dead pan and i wasn't making it to elicit a laugh from anyone or prodding anyones zones. that's also what gets so completely lost when people get it wrong. which if you follow through reading what happened with all wild speculating people do about your true nature and intentions and how you obviously don't care about marginalized people yadda yadda yadda. it's not at all treated like an uncouth fart in a social setting or wrong note. it's insanity. and her comment that you're referencing about 'in kind' was not even accurate because i don't make those kinds of comments to her and this was basically a fabricated scenario she created as a response. it's for the benefit of others.

in fact, i stayed ignoring the red line girl until black line made that comment which was, for me, saying some shit about me that had no relation to reality whatsoever.

if these people had any serious bones in their body wouldn't they know how to keep the dialogue about what its about? it's so obscene to me. i don't even get contemptuous because i honestly know better and i'm saying it now because we're all friends here. but seriously. i find it disgusting.
neckbeard
Foaming at the mouth.
Posts: 7281
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:33 am
Contact:

Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:09 pm

does she have any speedy gonzales reviews?
kale
User avatar
copstache
Total Recluse
Posts: 22958
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:29 pm
Location: http://420.moe/

Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:41 pm

it's also getting away from the point that it's kind of a legitimate fucking observation. the kind of grown-ass man who writes an album like the downward spiral at age 27 may not literally be fondling tiny buttholes but there are obviously some neurons that are firing in the right sequence for that kind of thing

and then there's this
the ruiner's your only friend
well he's the living end to the cattle he deceives
the raping of the innocent you know the ruiner ruins everything he sees
now the only pure thing left in my fucking world is wearing your disease
i mean pretty much the whole album is about defiling innocence

anyway...
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
User avatar
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot
Posts: 11601
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:23 pm

Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:07 pm

The Downward Spiral crushes Bill Withers.
User avatar
soiled depends
I'm always posting. At all times.
Posts: 33105
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:26 pm
Location: Decapitation Capital of Canaduh

Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:12 pm

The Real MPD wrote:The Downward Spiral crushes Bill Withers.

give me a fucking break.... :lol:
does your employer know that you are a cold hearted animal murderer in addition to being an insatiable pervert?-meatgrease
only a fundamentally insecure asshole would relish in the death of domesticated cats-chad

Image
User avatar
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot
Posts: 11601
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:23 pm

Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:14 pm

well then, let's break out the tea and scones and have a good, long once over on this one.

:wank:
User avatar
riley-o
beautiful distorted postblazing
Posts: 38670
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:05 pm
Location: Inside Crystal Mouvntain
Contact:

Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:30 pm

Pisscubes wrote:I can't imagine that you actually think simply using the phrase "child molester" is reason enough for someone to get that high handed with anyone. She basically said don't use the phrase.
you don't have to imagine that because of course i'm not saying that. personally, and it pains me to have to repeat this, people getting heavy-handed over a comment is boring and lazy thinking imho, however i pretty much expect that most people will react that way to uglier topics, particularly on facebook. i don't think it's justified but i do think it's expected.

as for me saying it was disrespectful, the way the comments looked at the start (her comment i quoted) make it look like fbts says something cryptic that no one fully understands (totally out of character for him) when the girl has asked him not to do so in the past. i'll take him at his word that nothing of the sort happened in the past and is therefore not disrespectful, but seriously am i the only one who thinks throwing child molestation comments at things that aren't child molestation is pulling the pin on a social hand-grenade ? whether or not it was said as a joke is sort of irrelevant ?
NO WUM CAM BEEP MAYYG BUX

HUG TERROR SQUAD FOREVER
User avatar
soiled depends
I'm always posting. At all times.
Posts: 33105
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:26 pm
Location: Decapitation Capital of Canaduh

Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:52 pm

The Real MPD wrote:well then, let's break out the tea and scones and have a good, long once over on this one.

:wank:

Well for one I've never heard of Bill Withers...so I'd say ol' Bill takes it rather convincingly...
does your employer know that you are a cold hearted animal murderer in addition to being an insatiable pervert?-meatgrease
only a fundamentally insecure asshole would relish in the death of domesticated cats-chad

Image
User avatar
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot
Posts: 11601
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:23 pm

Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:01 am

tidy cunt.

:drooly:
User avatar
Eight Bit Alien
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Posts: 2360
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:43 am

Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:19 am

Found this thread while searching for something else.

What a precious, tragic little time capsule...
canon.docre wrote:I will not be seduced by the cheap showiness of nature.
FVBTVS wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:58 am
tried to make an ideal wife. she had a burn in the center of her forehead..
User avatar
FVBTVS
Sir Posts-A-Lot
Posts: 14837
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:14 pm

Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:15 am

riley-o wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:30 pm
make it look like fbts says something cryptic that no one fully understands (totally out of character for him)
:lol:

you were right and i was slightly less right
Chad wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 4:01 pm
cool dudes like us
User avatar
riley-o
beautiful distorted postblazing
Posts: 38670
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:05 pm
Location: Inside Crystal Mouvntain
Contact:

Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:01 pm

:rhug:

It’s super weird to read this thread and see evidence that I cared enough to say all that at some point in my life
NO WUM CAM BEEP MAYYG BUX

HUG TERROR SQUAD FOREVER
User avatar
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe
Posts: 61866
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:42 am
Location: Feelin' fine.
Contact:

Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:17 am

me saying both "feminazi" & "cunt" in earnest about a person 🤔
Image
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
User avatar
MeatGrease
Ponda Baba
Posts: 2925
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:08 pm
Location: Maniac Neil's Couch

Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:59 pm

Necrometer wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:17 am
me saying both "feminazi" & "cunt" in earnest about a person 🤔
You've said way WAY worse here but unfortunately those threads are long gone 🤔
User avatar
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe
Posts: 61866
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:42 am
Location: Feelin' fine.
Contact:

Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:31 pm

don't be a hypocrite, my dainty lil' potty mouth
Image
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
User avatar
MeatGrease
Ponda Baba
Posts: 2925
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:08 pm
Location: Maniac Neil's Couch

Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:28 am

Necrometer wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:31 pm
don't be a hypocrite, my dainty lil' potty mouth
Except I don't engage in performative virtue signalling the way you started to circa....let's see here...2012? 2013? So I don't present my character any way it isn't. I wonder what it was about the last 5 or 6 years specifically that caused some kind of social justice exegesis for white yuppies everywhere. You tow the party line now pretty good but deep down you're still the same frat douche you always were. A "late blooming political hack", I believe it was.
Post Reply