Game of Thrones reminder

Music posts are a bannable offense.
FVBTVS
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Mon May 20, 2019 3:47 pm

am i a cheeseburger with extra cheese or did anyone else think/hope brienne got knocked up by jaime and she was going to write it in the book

:burger: :dripie:
Chad wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 4:01 pm
cool dudes like us
Necrophilic Mallard
Olde Timer

Mon May 20, 2019 5:01 pm

FVBTVS wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 6:24 am
it was fine
Yeah.

Kinda pissed how they left the door open for follow on shit.
Fact #7
From an empirical viewpoint, the problem with Free Will (and causality) is reconciling determinism and freedom to make sense of morality.
riley-o
beautiful distorted postblazing

Tue May 21, 2019 1:14 pm

FVBTVS wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 3:47 pm
am i a cheeseburger with extra cheese or did anyone else think/hope brienne got knocked up by jaime and she was going to write it in the book

:burger: :dripie:
Honestly feels like it would have been too clever of a moment or too high of a spot for this largely underachieving, at the best of times just barely adequate season
NO WUM CAM BEEP MAYYG BUX

HUG TERROR SQUAD FOREVER
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:03 pm

The Real Reason Fans Hate the Last Season of Game of Thrones: it's not just bad storytelling—it’s because the storytelling style changed from sociological to psychological

my sister sent me this and I don't know shit about the show but I was curious if it rang true for anyone

I feel like I don't enjoy the so-called "sociological storytelling" of early/trve GoT - maybe this is why I have no love for Battlestar Galactica? I just started a first viewing of The Wire (which they cite as sociological) so we'll see how that litmus test goes
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:32 pm

dude...
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:03 am

I read that article a while ago, and I pretty much agree with it 100%.

It's particularly interesting because the conventional wisdom seems to be that storytelling is either "character driven" or "plot driven", where the former is better, but this basically argues that GoT and similar shows are neither.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.