Sir Posts-A-Lot

Re: Game of Thrones reminder

Post by The Real MPD »

MOVING ALONG.
Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by Chad »

episode was cool, but for real...all the thrust came from...
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
what was essentially mel gibson robbery...the main fight felt almost exactly like braveheart, right down to close up axe hits/horse galloping and arrow ''loosing'' ... rickon running was STRAIGHT out of Apocalypto...
Ray
ultimate EVIL

Post by Ray »

In Apocalypto they were at least zig-zagging...

Battle was filmed beautifully. Liked what happened in Mereen for once. The Vale showing up at the last second was kind of cliche but whatever. This was way better than the battle for The Wall.
jefferson wrote:If you want a picture of the future, imagine a palm against a human face... forever.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

I liked the battle, but I still think Winter Army of Darkness was more awesome.
Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by Chad »

in my top five movies...ever

spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Fuck Apocalypto. I'm not even going there again. Fuck that movie with a barbed wire-wrapped elephant dildo.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by Chad »

say what you like...the way Gibson portrayed the walk to the sacrificial place...was artistically relevant...

it tells a lot to know this movie...so much into it...not domestically available on blu...weird

spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Please, Chad. Of course you like Mel Gibson. And yeah, he is, in fact, a technically very proficient director. But that's not why you like him.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

please stop
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by Chad »

the best part I can't even find...why do you hate Apocalypto? parts of that are truly visionary

I'm done with controversy, board can't bear it

we need to band together
Blair
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Blair »

Chad wrote:I'm done with controversy, board can't bear it

we need to band together
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I honestly have no idea which of you are stupider, you, or godofdeadlydeath...
Zerohero wrote:shooting cum on that hot chick that is my altar.
doubleblumpkin wrote:Guess who's riding a pig through the jungle 8)
ThePhillyExperiment
ultimate EVIL

Post by ThePhillyExperiment »

I hope the season finale involves the White Walkers at the wall, and the horde of the undead climbing the wall. (This would relate back to the season 2 finale.)
brobot wrote: "Some guy asked me if I was a robot...like a Relapse robot? I have no idea what he was talking about."
GLEN BENTON wrote: ONLY THING IS I LOOK AT THE GIRLS AT THE MOVIES, AND THERE BETWEEN 10 AND 14!
Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by Chad »

:beer:
Last edited by Chad on Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
How Are Mortiis Goatse?!
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by How Are Mortiis Goatse?! »

I dunno man, if his last name is Trumpets he wins at having a name
ThePhillyExperiment
ultimate EVIL

Post by ThePhillyExperiment »

I watched the episode again, and I don't think I've ever done that for a previous episode in a previous season.

The chaos of the battle, the long track shot of the horses crashing together while the arrows fell. The music during the fight was the cherry on top. :tup:

And the shield horseshoe wall. First time I saw it I honestly thought Jon was going to be trampled to death. The suffocation of that scene got to me. And Jon with his Wildling stare at Ramsay when he comes out of the battle. :tup:

Explaining war tactics to Tormund. :awesome: :awesome:

Top notch episode. :tup: :tup:
brobot wrote: "Some guy asked me if I was a robot...like a Relapse robot? I have no idea what he was talking about."
GLEN BENTON wrote: ONLY THING IS I LOOK AT THE GIRLS AT THE MOVIES, AND THERE BETWEEN 10 AND 14!
godofdeadlydeath
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by godofdeadlydeath »

Blair wrote:
Chad wrote:I'm done with controversy, board can't bear it

we need to band together
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I honestly have no idea which of you are stupider, you, or godofdeadlydeath...
What the fuck?
Stabbed in the eyes with a fucking caak...

https://soundcloud.com/mthomassteele
How Are Mortiis Goatse?!
Don't mess with my shit.

As far as the episode goes, it's definitely the greatest technical achievement so far on the show, but some of the writing is just really sloppy which undermines the emotional impact in a lot of scenes. It seems like the characters' INT and WIS drop to 4 whenever the plot demands it. Why did Wun Wun fight with his bare hands? They could have given him a wooden club and shield and have the Bolton archers hit them with flaming arrows early on so he drops them and the rest of the battle could play out exactly the same without making him seem like a retard. I also have a lot of questions about how they were able to stage Ramsey in the kennel and have the starved dogs be polite enough to wait until Sansa is done talking until they eat him, a scene that could make total sense if there was a lever on Sansa's side of the bars that opened the kennels.

It's also strange that they introduced the whole The North Remembers-plotline and not have any bannermen turning on Ramsey, especially after he ordered the archers to hit his own men. The Northern conspiracy is such a big part of the books, I've always seen it as just as likely that Ramsey will go down due to internal rebellion in Winterfell and not some big battle. I'll hold off any questions about Sansa's decision to keep her deal with Littlefinger secret since it's probable she will be confronted with this in the next episode.
elephants gerald
One Of Many Accounts

Post by elephants gerald »

how difficult would it have been to just show a 5 second clip of theon and yara docking? jesus
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

That dog/Sansa/Ramsey scene has been driving me crazy all week for exactly the same reason

Just put a lever ! :lol:
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
How Are Mortiis Goatse?!
Don't mess with my shit.

They should've hired the guy who was the assistant script supervisor on Bonnie & Clyde and The Wild Bunch, there were no continuity errors in those movies
How Are Mortiis Goatse?!
Don't mess with my shit.

Maybe the dogs are trained to stand still when they hear dog whistles and Sansa has a couple of dudes standing off screen continuously blowing dog whistles until she's done talking, at which point the dogs emerge from their kennels. You can probably check for dog whistles on the audio tracks in Cubase
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

or they were asleep and she'd opened their cages while ramsay was still nite nite and then she closed the door behind her and it woke everyone up and he had just that long for the dogs to figure out he was tied and easy prey
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

How Are Mortiis Goatse?! wrote:As far as the episode goes, it's definitely the greatest technical achievement so far on the show, but some of the writing is just really sloppy which undermines the emotional impact in a lot of scenes. It seems like the characters' INT and WIS drop to 4 whenever the plot demands it. Why did Wun Wun fight with his bare hands? They could have given him a wooden club and shield and have the Bolton archers hit them with flaming arrows early on so he drops them and the rest of the battle could play out exactly the same without making him seem like a retard. I also have a lot of questions about how they were able to stage Ramsey in the kennel and have the starved dogs be polite enough to wait until Sansa is done talking until they eat him, a scene that could make total sense if there was a lever on Sansa's side of the bars that opened the kennels.

It's also strange that they introduced the whole The North Remembers-plotline and not have any bannermen turning on Ramsey, especially after he ordered the archers to hit his own men. The Northern conspiracy is such a big part of the books, I've always seen it as just as likely that Ramsey will go down due to internal rebellion in Winterfell and not some big battle. I'll hold off any questions about Sansa's decision to keep her deal with Littlefinger secret since it's probable she will be confronted with this in the next episode.
The giant thing is just an extension of Tormund's understanding of battle.

When would a giant north of the wall ever deal with a double envelopment pincer move? Or any kind or organised large scale battle that would require him to not merely tear folks to bits. He was just a big version of all the wildlings - But I do agree - How about ripping a tree down for some weaponry? Hindsight's a bitch when you're eye is put out with an arrow.

The North remembers and the dogs on conversation queue was indeed the sloppier writing.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
How Are Mortiis Goatse?!
Don't mess with my shit.

The giants at the battle of the wall had giant bows and arrows and Wun Wun himself used a giant log at Hardhome, it's one thing to not understand tactics, deciding to go to war unarmed is retarded - give him a log as a club and a barn door as a shield
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

He just had his nails done and thought holding a tree would ruin the dark sienna.