Game of Thrones reminder

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Re: Game of Thrones reminder

Post by Wang Mandu »

I imagine it was out of respect to Daenerys at first but he pushed it too far. I knew he'd eventually get killed but I wasn't expecting that after they made a big deal of the Dothraki not spilling blood in that particular city. Fuck, that was such a satisfying death scene. Also, her eating the heart was a really cool scene. It's interesting watching her fully embrace the culture and becoming one of them when you'd think the opposite would happen.

Tyrion has such big balls for a little man, easily one of my favorite characters. I hope I don't have to see that tit sucking kid again, he's creepy as hell.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

Streven Adler wrote:
Wang Mandu wrote:I knew he'd eventually get killed but I wasn't expecting that after they made a big deal of the Dothraki not spilling blood in that particular city.
they didn't technically spill blood, which is one of many reasons why that scene is so fun.
I also liked how they first broke his arm...
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

FFFFFUCK! That ending. :cry:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Now I hope the Dothraki conquer the seven kingdoms. Man, those Lannisters are conniving and treacherous. Poor Stark.
Eight Foot Manchild
Certified False.

Post by Eight Foot Manchild »

Just reading the cast of characters for A Dance with Dragons is getting me SUPER JACKED. More Victarion and Arya in Braavos, the return of Tyrion, Jon and Melisandre - good times.

I also don't "get" the Crows hate. Yeah, it's mostly set-up, but did people just forget how much of the first book was all set-up, exposition, verbal fencing etc.? Assuming Martin is telling the truth and there will be seven books total, Crows is the eye of the storm, leading into the second half.

Be patient, you assholes. This ain't Goosebumps. Good ol-fashioned epic storytelling takes time.
MrPhage
Hella Evil & Shit

Post by MrPhage »

Spoilererd for folks who haven't seen episode 7 yet.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
MURDERED BY A PIG :moreawesome:
Deadhouse
Inhale/Exhale

Post by Deadhouse »

Eight Foot Manchild wrote:Just reading the cast of characters for A Dance with Dragons is getting me SUPER JACKED. More Victarion and Arya in Braavos, the return of Tyrion, Jon and Melisandre - good times.

I also don't "get" the Crows hate. Yeah, it's mostly set-up, but did people just forget how much of the first book was all set-up, exposition, verbal fencing etc.? Assuming Martin is telling the truth and there will be seven books total, Crows is the eye of the storm, leading into the second half.

Be patient, you assholes. This ain't Goosebumps. Good ol-fashioned epic storytelling takes time.
A lot of stuff actually happens in Feast for Crows
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
1. Cersei proving how inept of a ruler she is. Her paranoia and stupidity are putting the realm on the verge of another civil war. By the end of the book she had pissed of the Tyrells by framing Margery. Also, by telling Giles Rosby to kill Bronn, and Bronn finding out about it, she now has a very deadly enemy sitting right outside of King's Landing. She completely ignores the threat of the Ironmen, tells the Iron Bank of Braavos to fuck off and rearms the Faith Militant. I think the Faith Militant are really going to cause problems down the road. Oh, and the dipshit she made admiral of the royal fleet ran off with her new ships.

2. Jamie, now short a hand, is showing restraint and using his head. He takes Riverrun without bloodshed. But the Blackfish gets away, pretty much guaranteeing future conflict in the river lands. At the end of the book when Cersei send him the letter begging for help, he says fuck it and burns the letter.

3. Cateyln stark back form the dead and running the brotherhood without banners.

4. We see Littlefinger has the Vale under control and we learn he plans to wed Sansa to Harry and lead an army from the vale to reclaim Winterfell for Sansa. This means war in the north sooner or later.

5. We lean that the Maesters of the Citadel were partly (or mostly) responsible for the extinction of dragons.

6. The Dornish had secret plans to wed Arianne Martell to Viseryes. Ares Oakhart is killed and Princess Marcella is maimed. It is just a matter of time before that has some serious repercussions.

7. The ironmen want to steal the dragons from Dany. That one Maester from the Citadel is on his way to warn her of danger and help teach her. Plus the Martells sent a group to meet with Dany.
Jack Mort
O.G-Had

Post by Jack Mort »

Yeah, I remember DOAD being the one that was crying about the book being just a series of conversations between Cersei and Jaime, and Brienne just tromping around. I was pleasantly surprised to read for myself that it's not like that at all.
T3HGCKa

http://www.last.fm/user/NxTx
soiled depends wrote:her mom sounds like miss piggy choking on a huge juicy cock...
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

Brett's right yo. shit's not bad but if definitely lacks the momentum of the first three books.

going from ten pages of Tyrion to ten pages of Arya to ten pages of Jon not only was shit concise but it left you wanting more from storyline to storyline. book four it becomes what's the Crippled Prince of Dorne is thinking about for 30 pages, what's Cersei thinking about for 30 pages, what's Brienne thinking about for 30 pages. it's cool to have new perspectives, and to see new aspects of this world not explored in the prior novels, it's just fucking slow.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Khal Drogo is badass. First the crowning scene and now this one. So good. I might actually watch that new Conan movie if he spoke only Dothrakinese.
Honky Kong 64
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by Honky Kong 64 »

Yeah that actor is doing a really good job. When he was going off on his tirade about the iron throne in the second to last episode I was really feeling it. I get such a palpable feeling of anxiety when watching this show. I only wish they didn't have to pack an entire season in ten episodes. :(
No Cunting Elves
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Yeah dude. He was intense and his lines were so strong. I love him talking about his unborn son, "The Stallion That Mounts the World."

Fucking great scenes.

Kurt Russell's Beard
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Kurt Russell's Beard »

He sold me in that promise scene. He speaks an invented language with authenticity and poured a ton of emotion into it. It was epic. Maybe Conan won't be bad?
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

that's how Drogo get's wounded??
Honky Kong 64
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by Honky Kong 64 »

The Real MPD wrote:that's how Drogo get's wounded??
How does it happen in the book? I can't remember...
No Cunting Elves
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

Honky Kong 64 wrote:
it was from one of the bloodriders of a rival Khal.

seemed kind of insignificant compared how tore up he was in the book, but considering what happens later it works, I suppose.
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

Another amazing episode. It had its b-movie exploitation moments, but it's great to see that they're using so much time on character develoment and -interaction. Tyrion once again slays. Lord Tywin is fantastic. Fuck.
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

Bored013 wrote:Yeah, speaking of Conan...I don't know how old this trailer is, but I've never seen it. Footage from the movie:

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi990092569/ <--
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Eh... looks too much like The Mummy with all the shitty cgi...
Deadhouse
Inhale/Exhale

Post by Deadhouse »

Honky Kong 64 wrote:
It isn't specifically shown in the book. Dany comes upon Drogo after they wipe out the khalasar of another kahl. The book says his pec is damn near cut off.
CoconutBackwards1
One Of Many Accounts

Post by CoconutBackwards1 »

Maybe with the studios pushing him, Ol' George might be able to finish the last two books in under 20 years.
The only question that I thought was hard was do I like Kirk, or do I like Picard?
Eight Foot Manchild
Certified False.

Post by Eight Foot Manchild »

Assuming he goes back to his original pace of one book every two years, they'd be coming out with the Dance with Dragons season the same time he releases the last book, so it could work out.

Assuming, that is...
Honky Kong 64
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by Honky Kong 64 »

The scene with Snow and Aemon was great!
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
My wife asked me a few episodes ago if Ned was gonna get killed and to not spoil it for her I said, "He's a Stark! He can't die!". Well after last night's episode she was so upset she didn't talk to me for a good 30 minutes lol
No Cunting Elves
Deadhouse
Inhale/Exhale

Post by Deadhouse »

Pisscubes wrote:So... is that what happens in the book too? The... Eddard Stark matter, I mean.
Indeed it is. He agrees to confess his "treason" and claim Joffrey is the rightful heir and king. In return, he is told Sansa and Arya will be taken care of and he will be allowed to take the black. Then at the last minute (just as we see in the show) Joff decided to have him killed.
Deadhouse
Inhale/Exhale

Post by Deadhouse »

best reaction video I have seen in a long time
doubleblumpkin
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by doubleblumpkin »

Pisscubes wrote:So... is that what happens in the book too? The... Eddard Stark matter, I mean.
Pretty much everybody dies in the books. If you have an affinity upwards somebody, they die. Don't be surprised.

On another note, I'm still blown away by how amazing this show is. I was really worried it was gonna suck, but I'm pleasantly boner'd out every week.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Dad wrote:Pizza nigga
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

Deadhouse wrote:

best reaction video I have seen in a long time
hahahahaha