Game of Thrones reminder

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Eight Foot Manchild
Certified False.

Re: Game of Thrones reminder

Post by Eight Foot Manchild »

Show has way too much hack Hollywood garbage writing now. I shut that episode off after the scene between Arya and Gendry..."That's not me." Fuck outta here.

Kindly avoid giving any spoilers away for the next ten to fifteen years, because I've decided to wait for the books.
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

"the dragons will fuck up their ships"
10 seconds later
"aww fuck! really big crossbows!"
Image Certified Poster
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Eight Foot Manchild wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 7:34 pm Show has way too much hack Hollywood garbage writing now. I shut that episode off after the scene between Arya and Gendry..."That's not me." Fuck outta here.
I dunno, she already said "I don't want to be a lady" like in the first season, so I kinda saw that line coming when Gendry said he wanted her to be the lady of his castle.

The problem to me is just that the characters don't sound like themselves anymore because they ran out of books to adapt. They really badly should've somehow gotten GRRM to write the dialogue for the show. I don't care nearly as much about the constant teleportation as I do about the fact that the characters are all wrong these days.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

the only thing I hate worse than boats is the motherfuckers who choose to spend their time on boats

and then double that for people who use their boat time to KILL DRAGONS

that was seriously traumatic

my dragon-only viewing of this show has been a bumpy road, emotionally
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
godofdeadlydeath
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by godofdeadlydeath »

I really don't get all the hate and I think a lot of it is people trying to mentally prepare themselves for a disappointing finale outcome. It's been entertaining as fuck. It's not The Sopranos or The Wire, and it never has been. Sure, the writing was a little better when the show could be more sprawling and build characters and the universe with no regard for wrapping up the series, but blame GRRM for not actually writing the fucking books if you feel the pacing or writing is "dumber" now. It's still a fun, big, dramatic, action-packed, stupid show about politics, war, and fucking dragons. I'm excited as hell for the last 3 episodes.
Stabbed in the eyes with a fucking caak...

https://soundcloud.com/mthomassteele
ThePhillyExperiment
ultimate EVIL

Post by ThePhillyExperiment »

Arya channeled Chronicles of Riddick Vin Diesel
brobot wrote: "Some guy asked me if I was a robot...like a Relapse robot? I have no idea what he was talking about."
GLEN BENTON wrote: ONLY THING IS I LOOK AT THE GIRLS AT THE MOVIES, AND THERE BETWEEN 10 AND 14!
hyperviolence
Static Migration

Post by hyperviolence »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

In terms of a battle scene that was so much more satisfying then the winterfell episode but my god everything else about it

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Arya is obviously gonna put on greyworms face or something and kill dany and then hopefully d&d will never be allowed to write anything again
hyperviolence
Static Migration

Post by hyperviolence »

My eyes rolled so far into the back of my head when euron popped out of the ocean im lucky i dont have to go to urgent care
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

10/10
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

FVBTVS wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 9:26 pm10/10
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Ray
ultimate EVIL

Post by Ray »

^ lol

Best episode of the last two shit seasons
jefferson wrote:If you want a picture of the future, imagine a palm against a human face... forever.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I dunno, guys, it's kind of amazing how they've had 8 full seasons of foreshadowing and somehow still managed to make Dany's heel turn seem to come out of nowhere. That's.... kind of an accomplishment.

Luckily, though, my expectations are so low at this point that I'm just glad that they kept it grim and brudle this time, so I thought it was pretty okay. But that's really all they did.

Also, the Mountain looked like the zombie baby from Braindead crossed with Darth Vader. Ridiculous.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

Does this mean I won't see Evil Mia Farrow's tiddys this season
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Nobody gets their tits out anymore.

I read some reactions on Twitter, by the way, and the bitter fangirl tears from everyone who loved Dany because she was "fierce" are fucking delicious, I must say. I hope all these idiots named their kids "Khaleesi", too.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

yep

should've named your kids Stannis instead
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

When The Hound knocked The Mountain’s helmet off, for a second I thought it was zombie Varys and was like oh shit what a twist ! Then realized I’m retarded
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
ThePhillyExperiment
ultimate EVIL

Post by ThePhillyExperiment »

I love how Jorah and Missandei were essentially Daenerys' heart and soul, and when they were taken away from her she's descended into a wild, destructive animal like Drogon. As much as she tried to stop being her father, she ends up being just like him. (Just like Cersei was turning into the ruthless part of Tywin.)

They were trying to get rid of Cersei, but got a dictator much, much worse. That pure look of rage on Daenerys' face when the bells rang and she couldn't get her revenge was :moreawesome:
brobot wrote: "Some guy asked me if I was a robot...like a Relapse robot? I have no idea what he was talking about."
GLEN BENTON wrote: ONLY THING IS I LOOK AT THE GIRLS AT THE MOVIES, AND THERE BETWEEN 10 AND 14!
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Only three acceptable endings:

1) Ayra sails out into a storm with Bran’s body, she is shown sometime later in a cabin with a beard.

2) Bruce Campbell and a car fall from the sky.

3) King’s Landing appears in a snow globe while Paul Reiser stares into, possibley showing that GOT and Mad About You exist in the same universe.
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

riley-o wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 6:40 pm When The Hound knocked The Mountain’s helmet off, for a second I thought it was zombie Varys and was like oh shit what a twist ! Then realized I’m retarded
Guess I'm the R word too
Image Certified Poster
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

FVBTVS wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:53 am yep

should've named your kids Stannis instead
you stan stannis
Image Certified Poster
Pistol Whip
Tu Jofa

Post by Pistol Whip »

I’m fine with Daenerys heel turn I’m not fine with it happening over a few scenes. She’s always been ruthless but if you want her to convincingly go from breaker of chains to the mad queen it should have been developed in season 7 not halfway thru an already short season 8. If she doesn’t kill John , Tyrion, and the rest of the Starks I’m going to vomit. What’s the point of her being a villain if she is going to be defeated within one episode?
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

T H E S E M O T H E R F U C K E R S A R E M A K I N G A S T A R W A R S T R I L O G Y
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

C A N T B E W O R S E T H A N T H E P R E Q U E L S
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

W H A T D I D Y O U T H I N K O F T H E D R A G O N C O N T E N T O N S U N D A Y R O S S Q U E S T I O N M A R K
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR