Post by Chigurh »

Sorry bro, it just didn't really work for me
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Re: Rate the last series you watched.

Post by The Bill »

My wife makes me watch This is Us, so when I found out Ash vs Evil Dead was back I did a happy dance.
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

Waco - 7
American Gods Season 1 - 9
Star Wars: Rebels - 9
Foot Foot
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by Foot Foot »

Assassination of Gianni Versace - 9. really had no interest in this, but i'm digging the bleakness
Channel Zero: Butcher's Block - 8. fun, gross, and weird.
Jam - :confused: / :mastoman:
Divorced Dad - 7
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

bitter rivals : iran and saudi arabi - 10
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
hyperviolence
Static Migration

Post by hyperviolence »

Necrometer wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:13 pm :rhug:

did anyone try that PKD-based show on amazon: electric dreams?

first episode sucked SO hard, and it's the best rated on imdb so I'm bailing. why did they film a first draft? they're like "oh, you thought that total recall remake was bad? check this out..."
Good call. An absolute bore the entire way through, and yes, the first episode is arguably the best of the series, which should tell you all you need to know.
hyperviolence
Static Migration

Post by hyperviolence »

Necrometer wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:13 am
hyperviolence wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:56 pm Black mirror season 4 - 5/10

thankfully there are no episodes as terrible as waldo moment or white bear, so there's that?
I just watched the third episode, crocodile, with the pizza truck accident - and that was soooo bad. one of the worst by far.
the hamster being the "witness" was easily the most ridiculously awful twist in the series, it actully made the torture park at the end of white bear seem acceptable
MANTIS
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by MANTIS »

Star Trek The Next Generation - 7/10

Took me like 4 years of extremely sporadic rewatching to get through this. It's got its moments. Picard, Data and Worf episodes are generally cool. Riker, Crusher, Troi and Geordie suck. You could boil all seven seasons down to 50 episodes (so like 2 seasons) and get all the major character arcs and classic episodes. There are maybe 30 episodes I consider "good." There are about 10 essential episodes. First Contact was a genuinely good flick. The other three TNG movies were various shades of watchable.

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine - 7.5/10

Watched all of this in about 3 months. There are maybe no new characters that are as compelling as Picard or Data but there are so many more interesting characters on the whole than in TNG. Sisko, Garak, Jadzia, Quark, Rom, even Nog. Show had its weak spots, very uneven, but still one of the better Treks and obviously more serialized and less episodic than TNG. Underrated for sure. Neither this nor TNG holds a candle to Babylon 5 however.

Star Trek: Voyager - ...

I just don't know if I can do it...

American Gods - 2/10

Just absolute dogshit. Visually interesting though. I never read the book but I'm told they spent the entire season on like a third of the story and it shows. Serious case of netflixitis as everything feels pointlessly drawn out. Lead actor is dead weight. His wife is beyond terrible. Scenes like the gay genie buttsex sequence and the Mexican immigrant Jesus border patrol stigmata scene we're laughably shit. Just embarrassing. I loved Neil Gaiman's Sandman comic. And I loved Bryan Fuller's Hannibal show. So this was baffling to me. What happened here?
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Haven't watched DS9 probably since the 90s, but I clearly remember always thinking it was pretty weird that the show wasn't more popular. I liked it fine, especially towards the end when the plot picked up.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
MANTIS
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by MANTIS »

Just watched the seventh episode.

Black Lightning>Black Panther

Summa dat hot sweet hot take chow chow

still has plenty of lame CW tropes though
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I'm watching the Flash show. It's got its bumps (like every scene Captain Cold and his butt-buddy from Prison Break are in), but overall, probably the best live-action thing based on a DC character since Nolan stopped doing Batman. Which isn't saying much, of course, but it certainly puts that god-fucking-awful Arrow show to shame. And I really like how they're doing some of the goofier aspects of Flash lore and actually pulling it off. Plus Firestorm. I fucking love Firestorm.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
MANTIS
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by MANTIS »

Flash is great. There's some total CW boo boo in it but like you said it doesn't shy away from the goofier nature of the character at all. Totally leans into the silver age style madness (and I love Captain Cold and Heatwave haha.) I can look past the fact that everyone in every shot looks like a Lands End catalogue model. Flash spinoff Legends of Tomorrow is my favorite arrowverse show though. So ridiculous and wacky. Like Doctor Who, X-Men, and Firefly jammed in a blender. (And Firestorm is in it.) This year's Arrowverse crossover "Crisis on Earth X" was fucking bonkers.

Arrow itself though? Can't fucking stand that show. Fake-batman bullshit. Also gave Supergirl a whirl and couldn't make it past the second episode. Bummer cuz I love me some Martian Manhunter

I'll take Flash and Legends over any of the netflix Marvel shows these days to be honest. They have an obviously superior production value and take themselves more seriously (possibly to their detriment) but the netflix-itis is strong with them. Every 13 episode season could be cut down to like 8 episodes and the story would improve. Obviously, with 23 episode seasons, Flash and Legends have some fat on them as well but they embrace the more episodic, one-and-done, comic-bookey stories along the way too. Not everything feeds into the main plotline like the netflix marvel shows. I liked the first season of Daredevil and Jessica Jones just fine despite their pacing issues, but I couldn't make it through Luke Cage or Iron Fist. Pretty much gave up after that. I may give Daredevil season 3 a shot since I hear Vincent D'Onofrio is coming back but all hype is pretty much dead to me at this point.
Foot Foot
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by Foot Foot »

MANTIS wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:12 pm Just watched the seventh episode.

Black Lightning>Black Panther

Summa dat hot sweet hot take chow chow

still has plenty of lame CW tropes though
i'm genuinely surprised how much i like this show.

i read that the producer wanted to do one of the Milestone Media characters (i'm guessing Hardware) but couldn't get the rights, so he did a sort of Milestone version of Black Lightning.
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

Outcast Season 2 - 6.5
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

Mosaic - 7.5
Wild Wild Country - 9
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Jessica Jones S2 - 6/10

Could go anywhere from 5-6.5 but this whole season was comic booky in the worst way. I’m sure people will watch it so I’ll avoid spoilers, but this felt so paint-by-numbers at times that the story is just exactly what you’d expect. Then, when it isn’t what you expect, it’s something stupid and unlikely (and that’s by comic book television standards) instead. So you’re pretty much stuck with predictable or dumb throughout.

I’ll have to go back and check; I think Jessica Jones’ first season was one I liked more than the other Marvel Netflix fare (besides the sublime Punisher of course), but this season felt more in line with what I don’t like about the other shows.

Still not as bad as Iron Fist, though.
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

The Real MPD wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:27 am Wild Wild Country - 9
can't wait to watch this yuh
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

wrong thread
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

(((the marvelous mrs. maisel))) - 8.7
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Post by hipster holocaust »

I caught the first few episodes of that, the wife is way into it. Thought it was ok, doesn't hurt that the main character is :drooly:
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

American Crime Story Season Two - 7.5

The Zen Diaries of Garry Shandling - 6
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

wild wild country - 10

obviously
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

The Terror - 9
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

FVBTVS wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:37 pm wild wild country - 10

obviously
dude we live above a yoga studio and for like days after i became paranoid about it, like what are they doing down there when i'm not home, am i going to come back to a wife and bunch of kids dressed like fuckin sorbet