Liturgy gets destroyed...

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Re: Liturgy gets destroyed...

Post by Chad »

Last edited by Chad on Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
altars of radness
Olde Timer

Post by altars of radness »

Chad wrote:holy FUCK. those are two INCREDIBLY ugly women, and what's interesting is that they're both in the same photo at the same time for the same reason. good fucking god. so fucking hideous.
The one on the left is a dude, Chad. It looks like they took the chick on the right and photoshopped her into the guy on the left by using the AMDS (Add More Down's Syndrome) function.
Erik13 wrote:Does anyone have pics of Ron shirtless?
http://teenagedesires.bandcamp.com
http://mockduck.bandcamp.com
Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by Chad »

Last edited by Chad on Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

hey guys finally wrapped up my review

watch 'til at least 0:30, where you get to hear his earnest attempt to pronounce "RENIHILATION"

OH fuck - he fails with the pronunciation in this years-old vid, see 1:55 (immediately after that he proceeds to suck Colin Marston's cock)

I like how this guy's reviewing metal records and can't recognize the phonetic unit "NIHIL"
Last edited by Necrometer on Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
doubleblumpkin
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by doubleblumpkin »

caldwell.the.great wrote:am I going to get my 4 minutes back or not?
I haven't even unzipped it, yet.
That's what she said.

Fuck I would pay such good money to see Anthony Fantano and HHH have a philosophical conversation about the state of heavy metal.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Dad wrote:Pizza nigga
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

doubleblumpkin wrote:Fuck I would pay such good money to see Anthony Fantano and HHH have a philosophical conversation about the state of heavy metal.
YES
Savant-tarde
Gear in the Machine

Post by Savant-tarde »

doubleblumpkin wrote: Fuck I would pay such good money to see Anthony Fantano and HHH have a philosophical conversation about the state of heavy metal.
I'd throw in a $100 if you released a tiger into the room at the end of the video.
Erik13 wrote:fuck that crippled son of a bitch
altars of radness
Olde Timer

Necrometer wrote:hey guys finally wrapped up my review

watch 'til at least 0:30, where you get to hear his earnest attempt to pronounce "RENIHILATION"

OH fuck - he fails with the pronunciation in this years-old vid, see 1:55 (immediately after that he proceeds to suck Colin Marston's cock)

I like how this guy's reviewing metal records and can't recognize the phonetic unit "NIHIL"

I like how in every review he comes off like he's never listened to music before, which probably makes him Liturgy's core audience.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

altars of radness wrote:I like how in every review he comes off like he's never listened to music before, which probably makes him Liturgy's core audience.
yes! I've taken morbid pleasure in watching handful of this shitbag's metal reviews, and I think the trend is that he'll name it "metal highlight of the year" and give it a 7 or 8 out of 10... like even the best metal record of the year is capped at 8? fuck you dude

we should get him to review the new Morbid Angel... too bad there's no symposium explaining how he can appreciate it though
valgalder
Wandering Johnny!

Post by valgalder »

i've watched too many of those fucking Anthony Fantano videos.. NO MORE
Skyclun wrote: Explain to me how I'm dumb for not knowing how PayPal works.
altars of radness
Olde Timer

Necrometer wrote:
altars of radness wrote:I like how in every review he comes off like he's never listened to music before, which probably makes him Liturgy's core audience.
yes! I've taken morbid pleasure in watching handful of this shitbag's metal reviews, and I think the trend is that he'll name it "metal highlight of the year" and give it a 7 or 8 out of 10... like even the best metal record of the year is capped at 8? fuck you dude

we should get him to review the new Morbid Angel... too bad there's no symposium explaining how he can appreciate it though
What really gets me laughing is that he's so enthusiastic about spouting the most inane fucking descriptions about something he knows nothing about. Chirst, listening to him talk about the drumming in Liturgy was like listening to Eh_d talk about getting a blowjob.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

i just read fantano's opinion piece on whether or not intent matters-- fuck what a great overview of how someone who doesn't really think very deeply about things thinks about things. this dude isn't a total moron he's just shallow as fuck, like he sees the surface of a lake and can't fathom that there's shit inside it.

incidentally there was a liturgy song youtube in there
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
and i gave it a listen because after all this fucking talk i figured i'd give it a listen-- why is no one mentioning that this idiot is basically playing those fucking high string high fret chords with dumb timing that all those shitty dillinger clones like the end were using like a decade ago ? also the video is fucking hilarious-- if you put the shit on mute it looks like a less grimy silverchair video from 96 ? anyway yeah, it's no surprise this is total fucking life metal,
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

riley-o wrote:i just read fantano's opinion piece on whether or not intent matters-- fuck what a great overview of how someone who doesn't really think very deeply about things thinks about things. this dude isn't a total moron he's just shallow as fuck, like he sees the surface of a lake and can't fathom that there's shit inside it.

SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
and i gave it a listen because after all this fucking talk i figured i'd give it a listen-- why is no one mentioning that this idiot is basically playing those fucking high string high fret chords with dumb timing that all those shitty dillinger clones like the end were using like a decade ago ? also the video is fucking hilarious-- if you put the shit on mute it looks like a less grimy silverchair video from 96 ? anyway yeah, it's no surprise this is total fucking life metal,
I just watched it mute'd while my audio was :dann:
altars of radness
Olde Timer

riley-o wrote:i just read fantano's opinion piece on whether or not intent matters-- fuck what a great overview of how someone who doesn't really think very deeply about things thinks about things. this dude isn't a total moron he's just shallow as fuck, like he sees the surface of a lake and can't fathom that there's shit inside it.

SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Hahahaha. Oh man. Those vocals. And those rhythms are the reason people are talking about this new "math-rock" influence of theirs? I've heard Slik Toxik songs that were more complicated than that.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

Fantano didn't fail to mention the "next level" musicianship, and how the band was so unbelievably tight... they rarely do anything that requires them to be tight: guitarist strums DEP-clone chords while drummer does whatever... WTF? even during the "mathrock" parts it's not like they lock up

band's not really that terrible or anything, but yeah, hunter "nigger music" hendrix should be quieter all things considered
Last edited by Necrometer on Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Necrometer wrote:I just watched it mute'd while my audio was :dann:
fuckin getcher hell yerr man bang it harcore and radical !
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
maniacal and like an animal
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

they fear us cuz we physikill irrationill
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

sick groove with fucking magic to prove that
altars of radness
Olde Timer

Necrometer wrote: hunter "nigger music" hendrix
Ha! Consider whatever tensions you and I have ever had on here a thing of the past. I love that.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

thanks for support

the faces I make when I listen to those MA songs are simply irreproducible

the best approximation is if that chick from the pegging gif got her way with me, but somehow it tickled more than anything else
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

dominichorton wrote:Wow after watching that music video...I feel ashamed for liking Renihilation...
you got a 1-V-neck cap or something?
T-1000
Map, Monitor, Surge

Post by T-1000 »

Necrometer wrote:hey guys finally wrapped up my review

jhi0qfhqhwh I emailed that fag a while ago that he should do this review hahahahahaha. nice.
D I C K L I C K E R from where Arzu Bazman is from.
I don´t even have a TV
Jerrod
git help.

Post by Jerrod »

Savant-tarde wrote:
doubleblumpkin wrote: Fuck I would pay such good money to see Anthony Fantano and HHH have a philosophical conversation about the state of heavy metal.
I'd throw in a $100 if you released a tiger into the room at the end of the video.
I'd double it if you released a tiger into the room at the beginning.

The problem with this band and with Anthony Fantano reviewing them is that none of these people are fans of metal music. Liturgy is not metal... in any way. It's confusing to me that they are compared to bands with which they have nothing in common. Anthony Fantano is basically saying that he doesn't like metal, which is why he likes these guys. HHH is basically saying he doesn't like metal, which is why he's not in a metal band. I get it. I just don't get why they keep talking about metal. It's like saying Dying Fetus is the next level of transcendental rap because they have parts which vaguely resemble rap beats, and then the guys in DF going off about how they hate rap.
gustavprom
Hella Evil & Shit

Post by gustavprom »

the village voice quote is perhaps the most epicly douche-chilling so far:
""As best as I can figure at this breakneck speed, it's a highest-velocity trade-off of 7/8 and 10/8 riffs, with one quite satisfying extra 7/4 on every third turn-around--you know, just to keep it from being a total exercise in temple-massaging hypertension. Combine 17 and 17 with the accommodating 14 support beam, and you get an even 48--which translates back into a swinging 4/4 groove. "

:theylive:
badgevvrecker
I know you are but what am I?

Post by badgevvrecker »

We expanded into a full band in order to realize an idea I had about a new kind of blast beat called the burst beat. The burst beat is more true to life than the blast beat, more like systems in nature, in two ways. First, the tempo accelerates and decelerates; it expands and contracts, like breathing, or the economy, etc. Secondly, it abruptly crosses thresholds between different modes. Just as water goes from ice to liquid to gas, or a horse goes from walk to trot to canter – the burst beat transitions freely between different kinds of blast/grind beats with different tempos. I was never able to realize this idea adequately using a drum machine and multi-tracking. It has to happen live.
seriously, this guy cant track multiple tempos?