Consolidated Comic Book Thread

Music posts are a bannable offense.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Consolidated Comic Book Thread

Post by james »

This thread should exist.

'Last Comic Read' thread rules, but is too narrow in scope for such a potentially grand topic of discussion.

Death to the NWIOT Thread!
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Re: Consolidated Comic Book Thread

Post by james »

A present for my waking babies

In the age of computer animation and special effects, where will the real-life monsters go? After decades starring in Hollywood's top-grossing films, werewolves and mummies alike find modern-day LA far more frightening than any creature feature. Screamland sheds light on the creatures haunting the twilight of fame.
Volume 1:
http://www.divshare.com/download/15676160-b58

I liked this a lot. It's about monsters. Volume 2 appears to be shaping up pretty well. This one is older, but it's the one I've uploaded for you this evening. Deal with it.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Just in time for MY SPECIAL THREAD... 13 new DC books launch tomorrow:

Will be downloading all of them. Then I will play Darwin and choose which one is worthy of survival, and commit to going out and buying that. The crazy prog rock dude at the shop will pretend to be happy to see me... but we'll both know the deal. He'll take my money, and in some way he will be thankful for it - but he will remember the kinds of kids who came in back in the 80s, the children whose worlds he facilitated and helped to engineer. He'll wonder where all those kids are now and how it could have come to this. He'll curse the Internet and beat his wife... and then I'll see him again on the 14th...
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Post by fallbacktostone »

i promise to download and then read any comics you link to here. i am good like that. :tup:
Honky Kong 64
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by Honky Kong 64 »

I've heard about Screamland but haven't seen it in any shops yet so thanks!
No Cunting Elves
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

haha the image logo makes it seem like it says ice cream land
formerly ghost boner
rape bear
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by rape bear »

Can't wait to go pick up my Swamp Thing #1 tomorrow.

Also, it seems like Batwoman #1 is actually going to make it to newsstands. I'm somehow still doubtful...
http://failed.bandcamp.com
ThE GodDamN BattletweeteR wrote:i would so slap on a strap on and rape his ass.
Honky Kong 64
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by Honky Kong 64 »

I know we've already discussed this but Grant Morrison has invaded every crevice of my brain. I'm almost caught up on Batman now, all I have are about 3 more issues of Return of Bruce Wayne and then Inc. Say what you want about the guys ideas but for him to actually put forth so much effort into so grand a scale of things and pull it off even half way is simply astounding. Even if it doesn't make complete sense to me it just makes me want to dig deeper into things that I've only glossed over in the past.
No Cunting Elves
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

rape bear wrote:Also, it seems like Batwoman #1 is actually going to make it to newsstands. I'm somehow still doubtful...
Were you doubting it would be a title at all or is there some drama I don't know of??

I'm kinda looking forward to it, I like babs and I dig Gail Simone for the most part.
rape bear
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by rape bear »

james wrote:
rape bear wrote:Also, it seems like Batwoman #1 is actually going to make it to newsstands. I'm somehow still doubtful...
Were you doubting it would be a title at all or is there some drama I don't know of??

I'm kinda looking forward to it, I like babs and I dig Gail Simone for the most part.
It's had like 5 different release dates since almost a year ago, so I'm not holding my breath.

J.H. Williams is an incredible artist, and Kate Kane is a very cool character, so I've been very excited for this only to be let down more than a few times.
Last edited by rape bear on Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://failed.bandcamp.com
ThE GodDamN BattletweeteR wrote:i would so slap on a strap on and rape his ass.
Hotchka!
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by Hotchka! »

I've been out of the loop for at least a year so I'm really late on finding out that Arthur Adams has a new series that just ended

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_Comics:_X

I believe this is his longest running full issue series since the beginning of his career 25 years ago
Honky Kong 64
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by Honky Kong 64 »

Detective #1 is totally underwhelming. Oh well. #51 more chances to shine...
No Cunting Elves
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Honky Kong 64 wrote:Detective #1 is totally underwhelming. Oh well. #51 more chances to shine...
Yes, I agree. Will give it a shot though, obviously.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Last edited by james on Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:31 pm, edited 9 times in total.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

yeah okay man ive got one thread that has actually lasted and you gotta go and ruin that for me thanks a lot,
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

heheheh, maybe JLI is gonna be good after all...
soiled depends
I'm always posting. At all times.

Post by soiled depends »

spacehamster wrote:yeah okay man ive got one thread that has actually lasted and you gotta go and ruin that for me thanks a lot,

also half these fucking conversations have already happened in the other thread, so really this is just a nunch of fucking bullshit.

"oh, but look at me..."
does your employer know that you are a cold hearted animal murderer in addition to being an insatiable pervert?-meatgrease
only a fundamentally insecure asshole would relish in the death of domesticated cats-chad

james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

SD I love you forever but what the fuck were you even doing reading any comic book thread? You do not strike me as the type.
EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO
hovering.

Post by EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO »

Read Batgirl #1 last night. Is it going to continue to have this much inner monologue or was that just for the sake of backstory?
pooptastik
Too Many Sads Too Many Regrets

Post by pooptastik »

james wrote:Image

heheheh, maybe JLI is gonna be good after all...
bwahahaha
Honky Kong 64
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by Honky Kong 64 »

Action Comics #1 did not disappoint.
No Cunting Elves
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Well, that new Stormwatch book is ten times more horrible than I feared. Thanks for posting that, Jame, glad I didn't buy it...
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO wrote:Read Batgirl #1 last night. Is it going to continue to have this much inner monologue or was that just for the sake of backstory?
I guess we'll find out. I really wasn't taken by it. It has potential of course, and it was interesting to see how old storylines and events are being acknowledged and incorporated into the new continuity. Some of the humor fell flat though, which I usually don't handle very well. I'll still give the next few issues a shot I think.
Honky Kong 64 wrote:Action Comics #1 did not disappoint.
Damn straight! Apparently, this one takes place 5 years in the past, like the new Justice League. It didn't announce itself as such though, so I was confused when Superman was behaving differently in Swamp Thing (which kicked ass btw). I like the idea of Clark being a young, idealistic, slightly snarky college fuck, with Superman as a vehicle for him to act on that. It's like he's a super-muckraker fighting protagonists from an Ayn Rand novel.

Interested to see if the other Superman-related books are good. I would seriously love a well-written superboy or supergirl book.
spacehamster wrote:Well, that new Stormwatch book is ten times more horrible than I feared. Thanks for posting that, Jame, glad I didn't buy it...
No problem homie. Yeah, that sucked. I never read any Wildstorm stuff before, and I'm still not sure if I'm interested in using this as a jump-in point. I read through this issue because I'm a fan of the Martian Manhunter (don't make fun of me) and I'd really like to see him used well or interestingly or at all. Forecast is grim.

So far, I'd definitely say that Animal Man and Batwing are the stars of the show.

Batwing in particular caught me completely off guard, I'd never heard of the guy before, and 'Africa Batman' didn't really strike me as interesting. The art is very cool to look at, though, and the idea is actually really cool. Really hoping this one gets some momentum going.

I'm predicting that Animal Man is going to be the super-hit. That shit was just fucking awesome, it's everything I wanted. Will be following. Swamp thing was really good as well, and I'm assuming that the two will tie in to one another at least for the immediate future. I really dig the Frankenstein shit Morrison did with Seven Soldiers, and I liked the recent miniseries where he had a bunch of goofy monster pals. That all is making me think that this new push towards mainstreaming the supernatural/horror properties is going to pay off big time in jametown.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Week 1 links are all up, btw. Just added Static Shock.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

james wrote:I never read any Wildstorm stuff before, and I'm still not sure if I'm interested in using this as a jump-in point.
I've been a fan ever since the early 90s Image days, and seeing these characters treated this way is just a new low point to the way DC has been sucking the life out of the brand and the characters. I knew this was going to happen and didn't bother preordering any of their nu-WS books, but like I said, this is worse than what I expected. It looks like ass, it makes no sense and it's boring as fuck.

If you have any interest at all in these characters, pick up Warren Ellis' early The Authority stuff. The first one ends with the "Spirit of the 20th Century", a chain-smoking British chick named Jenny Sparks, flying into space and killing God. It's... good stuff.