The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Re: The Dark Souls Thread

Post by The Bill »

a world of no wrote:
no... why you kill her? :(
If I was to write something up for the personal columns of a newspapers, turn offs would include: Chicks with tails.

a world of no wrote: you haven't been to the catacombs yet? those wheels will get you yet!
Had two of those mothers spinning on me at the same time. +10 Eagle and decked out Silver said I'm not budging, and I just stood there with the shield up, while they tired themselves out. This game's never had some one like me playing it before. They just better step aside.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Wow, really? Two of them? At the same time?
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

spacehamster wrote:Wow, really? Two of them? At the same time?
I sense you're mocking me. Regardless, I've taken their measure, and I can deal with more if need be. Yet, that would be my fault, as I'm not one to rush into a room drawing everyone's attention.

Humanity suddenly is of more importance to me than souls. That damage output is great. I see more Depth rat farming in the future.

I was gung-ho to play today, but I've got the night shift at work and I'm starting to feel the drowsiness coming on. Bought a soda, but it's not rekindling my flame. Anyhow, yeah, New Londo it is, even if it's just for a few.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

INHABITANTS.

KIND.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

She's got a tail. That's basically a butt dick. No shlong fanny chicks allowed! :nopizza:
Last edited by The Bill on Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

:(
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

you cut that tail off and you get a sweet soul that gives you some sweet weapons. i have both... so i killed her twice. :(

edit: wait... not a soul. weapon? fuck.. I don't remember.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Tail = Priscilla's Dagger
Soul = Lifehunt Scythe. Sumpin'-sumpin' scythe, anyway, I'm not sure.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Four Kings? More like Four Cripples and I stole all their lunch money. Although, who ever told Goeff to Havel armor it, thanks. I remembered. Another boss on the one try kill train. Lords, I remember when the giant sewer rat in the Depths seemed impossible.

And just like that I don't want the Silver Armor anymore. Dark Set (Let's Go Raiders?!?) and Havel (w/ ring) are the two I want to switch between.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

The Bill wrote:Dark Set
:tup: :invcross:
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Took most of my humanity to get that. Back to the Depths for reimbercment.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

The Bill wrote:Took most of my humanity to get that. Back to the Depths for reimbercment.
There's a much better farming spot in the DLC, and you can go in there now because you've placed the Lordvessel, I assume, so get on it.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

It's been bothering me for awhile that Geoff mentioned using all his 20 flasks. A few more would have been piece of mind in bonefire-less New Lorado. I've decided to get the Rite of Kindling next then off to the DLC. Wouldn't mind upgrading Dark Set some as well.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I know Geoff, will approve. Played for 15 minutes yesterday, and all I really accomplished was upgrading the Uchigatan to +15.

Buuuuuuutttttt...... I like the Quantum Mechanics Furysword +5 better. Still, I see there are some fire proof assholes out there. F you, Blighttown gross bug.

I have all these other Boss Souls. I don't know if I want to bother building any other weapons as I have no demon titanite.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:
Man, I LOVED that weapon. Still don't have a katana in the new one. :cry:
Uchigatan plus some pine resins, sounds like proper future proofing. I know I'm totally boy-scouting every time I beat a section but I don't care. I did it in Skyrim with much success and after the initial ass beating I took in Undeadburg, I'm a man that needs to be dressed to impress.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Played through the Catacombs without any trouble. Skeletonwheels were easier here as I could see them come one at a time. Pinwheel was a complete joke.

Then it fell apart.

I got curious. Decided to explore Tomb of the Giants a little, thinking I'd get to a bonfire quickly. What a piece of shit level design! Can't see shit. Cliffs everywhere. Huge enemies you can't block because you need that lantern out. I climbed down into a building with light thinking the bonfire was there. About 5 various skeleton giant creatures bum rushed me the minute my feet got off the ladder. Fuck this! Warped out of the catacombs.

Then I tried to go get the DLC pendant. Was killed by the second warthog like 5 times. Took a few tries to clear out the crystal fucks to fight the golem.

Terrible. I was playing terrible. I noticed my temper was short. I wasn't planning or taking it easy. Just sort of running up at things like I was playing God of War. I also started feeling nauseous. I thought my anger at the game was doing it.

Took a little break.

Resumed! Got to the DLC. Kicked the sit out of the Guardian (Geoff was right. Uchigatana +15 dismembers it in seconds.) Then I've just been slowly picking off the enemies in the Royal Garden, and clearing it out inch by inch. Those Stone Guardians fucking suck. They were making me sick. Physically sick. I was nauseous again.

Kids threw up at the end of last week. Wife was in complete shambles Sunday/Monday. All this Dark Souls stuff happened Tuesday. I thought it was the game, but looks like I feel victim to the Coxsackie virus. A sickness that's been going around the kids' school. A sickness that's all acid reflux, nausea, and diarrhea. A sickness that sounds like Cock Sucky, or Cock Sack virus :ax:

I don't know if my annoyance with Tomb of the Giants stressed me into getting sick, or if it was inevitable. I do think I started not feeling well and that lead to piss poor playing.

After Bioshock I'll come back. Then it's on to destroy this game once and for all....

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwRSAB-kzJ4<
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Was feeling a lot better so...

Artorias the Abysswalker? More like Arthritis the Asswanker. Killed him, killed his bitch, and killed that ICP fag who tried to jump me from behind. Clown then had the nerve to talk shit to me after he attacked me first, when I was good enough to buy some arrows off him. Murdered him to death. Twice, then. Ya homo! The girl was a mistake, although, I did plan to kill her... eventually.... I plan to kill everyone. I set off a Firestorm spell accidentally when I dropped my controller on the couch, while I was near her. Oops! Proved my dominant manhood to her, and sent her to. Gold and Silver tracer might be fun and dandy for you fags to play penis sword fight on online, but The Bill fights monsters and I need instruments of death, not Mardi Gras party favors. Speaking of controls, I should be given a medal for soloing this game on the 360. Do you know what it's like to fuss with the D-Pad during hectic moments:

The Bill: "Switch to the Flask, 360 Controller!"

360 Controller: "Okay, I'll also switch your shield to the bow, and change your magic while I'm at it, thank you. Come again."

As for Artorias. Credit is given, where credit is due. What a boss! O&S are pussies compared to this hunk of accursed man. Took me a few more attempts than O&S, and had to drastically switch tactics each and every try. One common denominator was to try to stay the hell away from him. Oddly, I finished him off with Pyro, which I could never really use on him outside of one Firestorm per fight while he charged up his Purple Nuke Blast. Man, though. He murders your health if you stand up to him, he murders your stamina if you block, you murder your own stamina if you dodge because he has a hundred follow up attacks, he does a power up three time that makes him progressively more powerful, and on top of it all, he literally slings mud in your eyes.

The DLC has been like Rocky 4. I was already great, but now I'm in Siberia training harder and fighting genetically enchanted flat top Russians. Before I force that Dragon to give me a blumkin, and going back to buy the Astorias armor set. Stats be damned! I'm too vain not to look my best.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

The Bill wrote:Decided to explore Tomb of the Giants a little, thinking I'd get to a bonfire quickly. What a piece of shit level design!
git gud skrub
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

The Bill wrote:The DLC has been like Rocky 4. I was already great, but now I'm in Siberia training harder and fighting genetically enchanted flat top Russians.
:lol: that's a solid description for the DLC. you know, for how anti-dark souls you were for a while, I'm seriously surprised how far you've gotten into the game and DLC, and solo for that matter.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Spooky Apparition wrote:
The Bill wrote:The DLC has been like Rocky 4. I was already great, but now I'm in Siberia training harder and fighting genetically enchanted flat top Russians.
:lol: that's a solid description for the DLC. you know, for how anti-dark souls you were for a while, I'm seriously surprised how far you've gotten into the game and DLC, and solo for that matter.
Whenever Demon/Dark Souls was mentioned I kept thinking it would be like Ninja Gaiden.

I HATE NINJA GAIDEN!!!

Really, the game is just evil Zelda meets hard mode Elder Scrolls. Two great tastes that are great together.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Shoot a woman with huge tits in the tits with an arrow & they turn the lights out on you. That's gratitude for you.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

spacehamster wrote:
The Bill wrote:Decided to explore Tomb of the Giants a little, thinking I'd get to a bonfire quickly. What a piece of shit level design!
git gud skrub
Actually it wasn't bad at all. Those giants 1all need glasses as I could just pyro them right in their face & kill them without incident. Gaylord... no too obvious... Gummyload Nickleback was pathetic. Used DOOM 101 strafe technique. One try, no flask. I was wearing Havel.
Also killed Darkmoom Gwendolyn. Best part, I was "fighting" a NPC in Anor and she kept falling down when striking my Eagle +14 and fell on her ass if I so much as tapped her. Funny stuff, like bullying a toddler. Obviously, I killed Patches right away. Oh Hell No!!!

Artorias set has spindly thin arm & legs. Oh, the Japs! Transplanted the Dark gauntlets and leggings, now this is a nice looking (and playing) set.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

The giant skeletons also really don't like R2 attacks. I think even the Uchigatana R2 causes them to fall apart, and then you can just finish them off when they reassemble.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Was just messing about before I return to DLC land but what's up with the Demon Ruins? Taurus & Capra Demons. This is either lazy design or the perfect Do Not Enter sign for early explorers.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Kalameet K.I.A. One try. Easier than I feared. Was able to hang out underneath him most of the fight. I was expecting something that would put the Skyrim Dragons to shame. Was still more dynamic, but I was expecting a beat down.

Abyss = Tomb of the Giants II :?:

I don't appreciate black colored magic cannon balls being cast at me from the unknown. We'll stop here for now.