The Dark Souls Thread

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Re: The Dark Souls Thread

Post by Spooky Apparition »

Wang Mandu wrote:
Pisscubes wrote:This isn't to say DS2 is a worse game but I don't think there is any question now that it's the easier of the two after playing them side by side.
I wouldn't say that. You know the mechanics and have put a lot of hours into the series. Dark Souls II was my friend's first foray in the series and his reply to my text about the DLC: "I beat it so I can this. Fick that game."
I agree. granted there are WAY more bosses I beat on my first try in Dark Souls 2, but I couldn't solo Ruin Sentinels or Smelter Demon and had to summon an NPC. I never had to do that in my first run through Dark Souls. the bonfires are definitely closer together in DS2, but there are also much bigger groups of enemies, enemies with infinite stamina and poise, etc. the first DS2 DLC, dare I say it, stomps all over Artorias in terms of difficulty as well (definitely not quality though).

I'm not saying one game is objectively harder than the other, but overall I think it's really close.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I could've sworn I posted about this yesterday, but apparently unlocking the framerate in DSFix now causes the game to crash. The weird part is, I'm having this problem even without the Steamworks patch. I guess I'll install the patch and see if DSFix 2.3.1 likes the game better that way.

But what this really made me realize is that one day, Durante will abandon DSFix, and some update will kill it, and then we'll have to play the stock version of the game for all eternity.

Sigh.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

You updated to Steam? That's why. Durante had an update within like 12 hours of the switch from GFWL.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

a world of no wrote:You updated to Steam? That's why. Durante had an update within like 12 hours of the switch from GFWL.
No, like I said, I actually haven't updated to Steamworks yet. I know he updated to make it work with Steamworks, that's why I'm saying maybe the latest version of DSFix just doesn't like GFWL.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

Why the fuck wouldn't you update to get rid of that sacky fucking bullshit?? What's wrong, Mike?
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

a world of no wrote:Why the fuck wouldn't you update to get rid of that sacky fucking bullshit?? What's wrong, Mike?
I just love GFWL too much, man. It's hard to let go.

Anyway, I just did the update, and that was indeed the problem. Also re-installed the Hi-Res textures and SweetFX with some neat presets (I think you missed this episode, but my SSD went up in smoke a week or two ago), and not having played the game for a while, it's really kind of shocking how good it looks modded. So purdy. So purdy.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Yeah... so I'm playing this again because there's fuck all else to play and I've never done a full-blown tank build in any of these games. For PVE at least it's pretty fun. Rockin' the Tarkus set and the Black Knight sword at the moment. I want a bigger sword, but the BKS does so much damage that it's hard to justify switching to anything else.

Also, no matter how many times I do it, I still have to get my shit together to beat Ornstein and Smough, and it still feels good.

This fucking game.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Been watching this (Peeve Peeverson + Oroboro co-oping a Perma-Gravelord, Aggression Mod NG+7 playthrough) in between sessions of Dark Souls and Demon's Souls and will either NG+ those games or get back into DSII and finally finish the DLC. Goes without saying, I am going out of my mind for Bloodborne.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Wang Mandu wrote:get back into DSII and finally finish the DLC.
Haven't done that yet either, but with the upgraded version coming out later this year, I'm thinking I'll wait until then.

It's really kind of stupid that they're doing Scholar of the First Sin and the rerelease/upgrade right around the time Bloodborne's out, too. Why would they compete against themselves?
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Namco's decision and Bloodborne isn't releasing on PC, 360, Xbone and the PS3. I'm going to get it for sure but can't decide between PC and PS4. The community is going to be more active on PS4 with the PC userbase being split. If Namco gives a hefty discount to previous PC DSII owners, it'll make the decision even harder. Those sweet graphics mods, too.... :(
Jerrod
git help.

Post by Jerrod »

Pisscubes wrote:Started a Cleric last week in both DS and DS2. Can't. Stop. Playing. And I just bought a ps4 for god's fucking sake.

BLOODBORNE WHERE ARE YOU?
Bout damn time. Gimmie dat username, doe. Mine is Knellblast.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

:wank:
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

riley-o wrote::wank:
Yeah, I think I said all of that about Demon's Souls five years ago on this board, and it took me about two sentences. I mean, it's okay that people still want to talk about Dark Souls, and one of the weird side effects of these games is that everyone always wants to talk about, but for fuck's sake, take your dick out of your mouth.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Pisscubes wrote: :wank:
FINISH THE DAMN GAME, ZOMBIERAMONE76.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Pisscubes wrote:There's just something about it that doesn't hook me personally Like the Dark Souls duo.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Pisscubes wrote:There's just something about it that doesn't hook me personally
Yeah, I think I said all of that about Demon's Souls five years ago on this board :wank:
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

"I've already listened to Venom, they're proto-Thrash marketed as early Black Metal."
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Pisscubes wrote:
spacehamster wrote:"I've already listened to Venom, they're proto-Thrash marketed as early Black Metal."
That has so little to do with what I said, you might as well just be making Austin Power references.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

more like

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

wait for it

if you can
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Why Dark Souls? The connections were always dogshit. Nerds.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I'm going to start a Demon's Souls character in protest.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I'm actually still playing 3, and I should be playing Blood and Wine, so I just don't feel like it today.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:Why must you guys hate fun?
Says the guy that doesn't get DOOM. Anyhow, when I think Dark Souls, for all the things it does great, fun isn't exactly an adjective I'd rank among it's accolades.