Battlefield 3 thread: ENEMY APC SPOTTED

Music posts are a bannable offense.
copstache
Total Recluse

Re: Battlefield 3 thread: ENEMY APC SPOTTED

Post by copstache »

i was having SO MUCH FUN until i got dropped again

the king of anti-air returns, as i swat down a helicopter i have absolutely no business hitting with a SMAW. i heard the blades, swung up and fired and took it out with one shot. didn't even see the thing first. triple kill.

by the way, the rush map where you jump off the cliff is amazing. the rush maps in this one seem so much more interesting and fun than in bc2.
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Post by fallbacktostone »

copstache wrote: the rush map where you jump off the cliff is amazing. the rush maps in this one seem so much more interesting and fun than in bc2.

oh my god that thing from the commercial is a RUSH MAP? :theylive: :mastoman:

and i HATE RUSH. :shock:
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

i only started to hate rush when all the rounds played out the same over time. maybe i'm just imagining things but it seems like they made these a little more unpredictable

but yeah after you clear the second set of targets i think, your next step is to basejump off the helipad. alternately you could take a helicopter, but where's the fun in that?

also atm it's much easier to get xp in rush than conquest so i'm kind of grinding out the bare essentials. i want to go spit in the mouth of the girl at gamestop simply because the code they give you unlocks the most fucking useless gun on earth. so much for hoping it might give you something interesting.

but when i get the stinger it's just gonna be me :mastoman: :mastoman: skeet skeeting all over anything that flies
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

well also, in a game of rush where you can simply just attack the gold/mcom with tanks, mortars, and rpgs and not actually put in work to arm it is basically a game of griefing in my book
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

i've yet to see too many places where that's a valid technique. i guess time will be the real test though
Masochrism
I hate your life.

Post by Masochrism »

bah. ten minutes of play and then "failed to connect to EA server". bah i says.
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

Managed to play for an hour but everyone was level 0 and nothing was accumulated stat wise.

ErikTeethoftheDivine
Khaooos and Kon-fus-ion

Post by ErikTeethoftheDivine »

Lustmord56 on 360

if they get the servers squared away
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

just played like 4 straight games with friends on my list. everything was fine.

i'm having a lot more fun with rush that i thought. still want to play a lot of conquest though

multiple MVPs, of course
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
BroMan
Hetero as hell...

Post by BroMan »

Masochrism wrote:bah. ten minutes of play and then "failed to connect to EA server". bah i says.
EA is dropping the ball with this server bullshit. I left a shit game for a better one, but the servers started acting a fool.
PSN- BroMan43
Masochrism
I hate your life.

Post by Masochrism »

im bummed i havent had a chance to play today but whatever. if i play late over here its all over. no connection possible. im gonna play during the day tomorrow (thurs), hopefully i can catch some of you who arent working or schooling during the day.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

ok at this point this is getting a little silly

apparently even the pc version isn't working right now
Masochrism
I hate your life.

Post by Masochrism »

i got a few rounds in earlier. I had to chuckle that my first round ended RIGHT when i deployed though...I thought "here we go..."

but it worked for awhile. now I don't even try after 6PM Pacific time. Big games like this always bog down xbox live during the evening hours.

still haven't flown a plane or a helo...:(
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

planes are fun but practically useless with just guns, imo

i also enjoy that the game has the audacity to tell me that it's my bandwidth that isn't letting me connect
badgevvrecker
I know you are but what am I?

Post by badgevvrecker »

the fact that they have the PDW-R (Magpul PDR) is driving me up a wall.
BroMan
Hetero as hell...

Post by BroMan »

Masochrism wrote:i got a few rounds in earlier. I had to chuckle that my first round ended RIGHT when i deployed though...I thought "here we go..."

but it worked for awhile. now I don't even try after 6PM Pacific time. Big games like this always bog down xbox live during the evening hours.

still haven't flown a plane or a helo...:(
Fair warning the helicopters are seem trickier, but once you figure them out you're good. I crashed twice on the Co-op mission before I got the hang of it. Jets are easy, just becareful flying close to the ground, an antenna will take you out. I managed to shoot down a guy with just the guns which then unlocked my heat seekers. Oh Boy! Haha I guess I flew too high earlier my plane started going up in flames for no reason. I know a missile didn't hit me because I launched my flares before it could.

I played a few games of Rush, and I wanted to strangle my team. Shit, I had a spawn point AND a motion tracker at an mcomm I wanted them to guard since it was the only one left. Long story short, I kill 4 guys before getting killed and my whole team just let's it blow up. People are morons! Even more proof is when I knifed one sniper, then knifed his buddy all of an inch away. Haha
PSN- BroMan43
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

disco-dance axis
carbomb street team

Post by disco-dance axis »

LOL!
I'm waiting for my 360 version, and I'm anxious about it being a bugfest with a lame SP...
Krieg wrote: It is more or less the same issue with painkillers, an American gets a tooth removed and spends the next 10 days daydreaming under Valium or Xanax. A German gets a leg amputated and gets Ibuprofen (and only the 500mg version).
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

it's not really buggy at all to be honest.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

it really isn't
Krieg
from the moon

Post by Krieg »

I played a bit today on PC and it runs smoothly in my old system. The campaign looks really pretty and it seems to be a little bit too easy but I am OK with it, I am not that good at shooters. The loading times are long but I am patient and it hung once, I assume that's part of the buggy-ness.
The Torsion wrote:I don't like Krieg
Black Jacques
Sweet Lord _______

Post by Black Jacques »

Comrade Slinky wrote:God damn the single player is gorgeous looking.
I can't fucking shoot guys it's pissing me off...
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

C4 is pretty much the best thing in the game. i suicide bomb myself all the time to get double and triple kills. who cares about k/d when you're getting 600xp for a single trigger pull?

also i discovered i kind of have an aptitude for attack choppers. i'm half useless with pretty much every other vehicle but i can just get up there and piss misery on people all day in a cobra
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

I think the javelin is rubbish, not quite sure how it's supposed to work otherwise.