Re: I was diagnosed with Stage 3 colon cancer

Post by TF@work »

Just saw thread; dude rules; get madly in anger with cancer yayayyyyahhhh

Is it weird to paypal you weed money orrrrrrr
HASHTHRASH
I hate your life.

Post by HASHTHRASH »

TF@work wrote:Just saw thread; dude rules; get madly in anger with cancer yayayyyyahhhh

Is it weird to paypal you weed money orrrrrrr

Lol, you can if you want, or I might use it towards the blog. I always need DVD+Rs, paper sleeves, blank tapes, etc. People have asked about helping out before, so I guess if anyone feels inclined, my email for paypal is dangovideo@hotmail.com

I was hoping to have killthatcat.com going again on Monday, but it might just be one more week now. I gotta get my crappy writing mojo back.
Zerohero wrote: i remember when Cave paPpY sent me some wooden MP1's

http://www.killthatcat.com
the motherfucking d-i-e
ANSU++

Post by the motherfucking d-i-e »

HASHTHRASH wrote:I just got the Reeelapse get well card some of you guys signed for me at MDF... thanks a bunch, I wasn't expecting that! Thanks to Mand-i-e for mailing that and for the shirt!!

:tup: :pizza: :lhug:

glad you got it!

in case you were wondering why i asked on fb what band you were gonna miss most at mdf... was trying to figure out what shirt to get you and the zombiehead had to try and make it seem like i was being a dick and rubbing it in your face.
"before the internet, people displayed their love for heavy metal in the bathroom"
CoconutBackwards1
One Of Many Accounts

I was diagnosed with Stage 3 colon cancer

Post by CoconutBackwards1 »

Good luck, Dude. That pic of you in bed is sad:(
The only question that I thought was hard was do I like Kirk, or do I like Picard?
Thrashmaster Flash
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Thrashmaster Flash »

Awesome of Mandie to set up the greeting card/t-shirt thing. You should know that the card was not covered in ANY cartoon dicks whatsoever until the afterparty on the last night of the fest, so take solace in that. Anyway, "get well soon" sounds trite, but I honestly do hope you get well extremely soon!
E.E 3.0
i never knew u existed

Post by E.E 3.0 »

What type of tapes do you need?

Get well soon!!!
HASHTHRASH
I hate your life.

Post by HASHTHRASH »

E.E 3.0 wrote:What type of tapes do you need?

Get well soon!!!
Thanks!

I'm pretty much always in need of Panasonic miniDV tapes.

As an update, I'm excited that I've been able to sleep again, including on my sides. I do have to cuddle a pillow when I sleep though, just as a defense against cats wanting to step on my stomach or nudge it with their heads while I sleep. I might have rushed into eating solid food a bit fast, as I've been having some trouble passing the weekend's tacos, so I may be taking it easy this week with soups and simple stuff like eggs & toast. Ugh. I took some pills to help soften and move everything along, and it's not comfortable with these staples in me. Tomorrow I have an appointment to have my staples looked at and possibly removed. I'm a little nervous about this process, since there are a lot of staples. I expect the worst. And in the meantime I'm reading about dietary changes I can make to help prevent a return of the cancer. Getting rid of sugar, white flour, and vegetable oils are the big things. No more sodas, no more chips, no more candy. Fewer burritos even. More fruits and veggies, and some sugar free, flour free snacks.

Next week is my first meeting with my oncologist to talk about chemo. Dangit.

Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

kale is your friend
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Post by hipster holocaust »

HASHTHRASH wrote: Fewer burritos even.
:(
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
godofdeadlydeath
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by godofdeadlydeath »

Best of luck to you, Hashthrash. My father's undergoing his 4th round of chemo right now, he's had 3 different occurrences of cancer in the past 3 years. It can be a bitch, but here's to you coming out better when it's all over. :beer:
Stabbed in the eyes with a fucking caak...

https://soundcloud.com/mthomassteele
HASHTHRASH
I hate your life.

Post by HASHTHRASH »

Geeheeb wrote:kale is your friend
I already eat a lot of kale. :tup2:

Obesese Witherspoon
One Of Many Accounts

Post by Obesese Witherspoon »

HASHTHRASH wrote:
E.E 3.0 wrote:What type of tapes do you need?

Get well soon!!!
Thanks!

I'm pretty much always in need of Panasonic miniDV tapes.

As an update, I'm excited that I've been able to sleep again, including on my sides. I do have to cuddle a pillow when I sleep though, just as a defense against cats wanting to step on my stomach or nudge it with their heads while I sleep. I might have rushed into eating solid food a bit fast, as I've been having some trouble passing the weekend's tacos, so I may be taking it easy this week with soups and simple stuff like eggs & toast. Ugh. I took some pills to help soften and move everything along, and it's not comfortable with these staples in me. Tomorrow I have an appointment to have my staples looked at and possibly removed. I'm a little nervous about this process, since there are a lot of staples. I expect the worst. And in the meantime I'm reading about dietary changes I can make to help prevent a return of the cancer. Getting rid of sugar, white flour, and vegetable oils are the big things. No more sodas, no more chips, no more candy. Fewer burritos even. More fruits and veggies, and some sugar free, flour free snacks.

Next week is my first meeting with my oncologist to talk about chemo. Dangit.
I've been sugar free for 8 months now. Sugar Free Jello chocolate pudding rules, sugar free life savers are also pretty cool.
Hell-haine wrote:she should stuff it in her vagina like any responsible female .
HASHTHRASH
I hate your life.

Post by HASHTHRASH »

F. Murray Sandyclam wrote:
HASHTHRASH wrote:Fewer burritos even.
:tdown:

What I lose in burritos I'll make up for in tacos. :tup2:

hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

HASHTHRASH wrote:

:confused: How the hell are tacos easier to pass??
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
tipton
Soul of the Martyr

Post by tipton »

Paypal sent
The Torsion
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Torsion »

hipster holocaust wrote: :confused: How the hell are tacos easier to pass??
You don't have to answer that.
Haha,
HASHTHRASH
I hate your life.

Post by HASHTHRASH »

hipster holocaust wrote:
HASHTHRASH wrote:

:confused: How the hell are tacos easier to pass??

Actually, I have to slow down on burritos because of the white flour tortillas (I'm not a fan of the alternatives). Tacos are better for me because of the corn tortillas. I've got to minimize white flour in my diet.

HASHTHRASH
I hate your life.

Post by HASHTHRASH »

tipton wrote:Paypal sent
I just saw that, thank you very much!

HASHTHRASH
I hate your life.

Post by HASHTHRASH »

All the staples are now removed, and I found out I've lost twenty pounds over the past two to three weeks. Pre surgery I was 193, today I'm 173! I'm sure some of that is due to the fasting and I'll gain some back once I'm eating "normally". Mostly I'm just glad that these fucking staples are gone, they were driving me nuts!

hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Nice. Time to eat the fuck out of some tacos son!
HASHTHRASH
I hate your life.

Post by HASHTHRASH »

What a year! Just got my 12th round of chemo finally. Chemo is no fun. I get a break now, and some tests done, and then I see if I have to get more chemo or not. I've finally made it to this part. seems like it's been forever since I made the initial post. I'll get a picture of me with this pump on and post it soon. I haven't re-read this thread, and I don't remember what I've talked about chemo-wise, but the pump is 5FU, a chemo administered slowly over 48 hours. It's in a fanny pack sized bag and is hooked right into my power port, which is implanted just under my skin near my heart. I hate the pump. Shit goes downhill when they take it off. Well, that's the news on this stuff, if anyone was curious.

wheatgurm
Nespithe

Post by wheatgurm »

HASHTHRASH wrote:What a year! Just got my 12th round of chemo finally. Chemo is no fun. I get a break now, and some tests done, and then I see if I have to get more chemo or not. I've finally made it to this part. seems like it's been forever since I made the initial post. I'll get a picture of me with this pump on and post it soon. I haven't re-read this thread, and I don't remember what I've talked about chemo-wise, but the pump is 5FU, a chemo administered slowly over 48 hours. It's in a fanny pack sized bag and is hooked right into my power port, which is implanted just under my skin near my heart. I hate the pump. Shit goes downhill when they take it off. Well, that's the news on this stuff, if anyone was curious.
Hey man Im glad that you seem to be responding well to the chemo its refreshing news to read. That shit fucked up my ol lday pretty bad. We had to stop treatment cause unfortunately her cancer is in its advanced final stage with stage 4 lung cancer that has metastasized to 3 tumors in her brain and she too had a pump hooked up to her power port as well but hers was for pain control. It didn't work to well, she kept getting tangled up in it, tripping over all the tubing, it kept falling to the floor and she would drag it around behind her all the time. haha So she demanded it to be removed which Hospice did. Now instead of the pump she takes A LOT of pills. Anyways good luck man and kick this shits ass. Fuck cancer. :invcross:
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. - fz
bloodybloodlicker
DO NOT WANT.

Post by bloodybloodlicker »

A friend of mine is fighting Ewings Sarcoma and keeps a daily blog about his chemo treatments and recovery and it's humbling, what people (including you and wheatgurm's special lady friend) go through. I can't imagine - but I guess when you're faced with those choices, then it can be an obvious path to take (treatment), even if the road is really difficult.
*burp*
HASHTHRASH
I hate your life.

Post by HASHTHRASH »

wheatgurm wrote:
HASHTHRASH wrote:What a year! Just got my 12th round of chemo finally. Chemo is no fun. I get a break now, and some tests done, and then I see if I have to get more chemo or not. I've finally made it to this part. seems like it's been forever since I made the initial post. I'll get a picture of me with this pump on and post it soon. I haven't re-read this thread, and I don't remember what I've talked about chemo-wise, but the pump is 5FU, a chemo administered slowly over 48 hours. It's in a fanny pack sized bag and is hooked right into my power port, which is implanted just under my skin near my heart. I hate the pump. Shit goes downhill when they take it off. Well, that's the news on this stuff, if anyone was curious.
Hey man Im glad that you seem to be responding well to the chemo its refreshing news to read. That shit fucked up my ol lday pretty bad. We had to stop treatment cause unfortunately her cancer is in its advanced final stage with stage 4 lung cancer that has metastasized to 3 tumors in her brain and she too had a pump hooked up to her power port as well but hers was for pain control. It didn't work to well, she kept getting tangled up in it, tripping over all the tubing, it kept falling to the floor and she would drag it around behind her all the time. haha So she demanded it to be removed which Hospice did. Now instead of the pump she takes A LOT of pills. Anyways good luck man and kick this shits ass. Fuck cancer. :invcross:

Fuuuck dude, that sounds rough, I'm sorry. This is why I don't complain much. I've been sick all year it seems, my hands and feet constantly hurt really bad, and so does my back and shoulders, but I keep reading about people who have it worse. I can barely imagine. I don't know what to say that doesn't sound stupid, but good luck to the both of you.

Pistol Whip
Tu Jofa

Post by Pistol Whip »

I'm pulling for you Hashtrash.