things that make you irrationally angry

Music posts are a bannable offense.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Re: things that make you irrationally angry

Post by FVBTVS »

Hunter wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:47 am https://www.reddit.com/r/Cd_collectors/

I stumbled on this subreddit and got really pissed off. I'm being irrational because I think of CDs as being garbage for the most part. I still buy them if other formats aren't available, but not often. I should be glad that people are collecting physical media, but I look through these posts and just see permanent fixtures of discount used bins and Goodwills.

this is something i end up thinking about a lot except its for every format and for everything
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

is it kids? i guess that's kind of cute.
I have a few boxes of cds that i move from apt to apt and never unpack. i should probably just throw them in a dumpster.
Image Certified Poster
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

at least 1 kids:

I like that a big goal seems to be deliberately mocking vinyl collections

but yeah almost every pic has that horrible "hoarder" aesthetic to it and I'm not into that part

like even when it's well organized, CDs are inherently/obviously just pieces of trash waiting for the owner to die

any place where dwyer could waltz in and be crowned king = a bad place
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
kevin hash
Better at internetting than you.

Post by kevin hash »

CDs rule....its all the shit dick vinyl assholes who drive me up the wall.

Their 20 versions of one album. Fuck you. Die.
TROLL WORLD ORDER 4 LIFE

:invcross: BUNGVOX got powerbombed off the stage because he wasn't T.W.O 4 LIFE brother. :invcross:

my hound dog's dump still hot - zerohero
kevin hash
Better at internetting than you.

Post by kevin hash »

Hunter wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:47 am https://www.reddit.com/r/Cd_collectors/

I stumbled on this subreddit and got really pissed off. I'm being irrational because I think of CDs as being garbage for the most part. I still buy them if other formats aren't available, but not often. I should be glad that people are collecting physical media, but I look through these posts and just see permanent fixtures of discount used bins and Goodwills.
I have the Charles Bronson complete discography on cd and it is one of my most prized possessions.
TROLL WORLD ORDER 4 LIFE

:invcross: BUNGVOX got powerbombed off the stage because he wasn't T.W.O 4 LIFE brother. :invcross:

my hound dog's dump still hot - zerohero
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

I moved all of my cds into binders a couple of years ago because I didn't want to have to move the mass of cases again.

Haven't opened them once.

Useless.
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
MPD
I hate your life.

Post by MPD »

I was going to buy a Shalamar essential collection on amazon, but then you guys...

godofdeadlydeath
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by godofdeadlydeath »

This is more rational anger IMO but anyone who posts this garbage along with a sort of "I'm just sayin!" comment can fuck off forever.

A "friend" of mine who was always Republican but in the last 4 years has gone full on antivax conspiracy nutjob posted this to his Instagram today, so me and 4 other friends keep commenting on how fucking stupid it is and he just deletes our comments and doesn't reply to any direct messages about it. Fuck him and fuck the idiots that think COVID is the tool of some global cabal to instill communism.
Stabbed in the eyes with a fucking caak...

https://soundcloud.com/mthomassteele
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

if any of you wanderers above the sea of fog are looking to dump your cd collections hmu
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
godofdeadlydeath

I'm really conflicted about my CD collection. I had to toss the majority of the plastic jewel cases when my parents' basement flooded when I was in college and it ruined most of the inserts. I've kept the majority of the collection I'd amassed through 2006 with the booklets and CDs in binders. I rarely use them, and over the last 10-12 years or so, any CD I've bought has either been ripped to mp3s on a hard drive (that I no longer use since my iPod died and now I just stream everything) or just put in a box to collect. If I had kept the jewel cases and the inserts I could see a scenario where I would've put together some nice shelving so I could display the CDs, but at this point, I might just try and sell the binders on FB marketplace and keep the box sets and rare or sentimental favorites.

I don't want it to end up like when I sold my video game collection and about 2 months later my autistic son started getting really into old video games and wanted to learn more about the history and play a lot of old stuff, but it's not like he can't just pull up any music he wants to hear on youtube these days.

Maybe one day I'll start a new collection from scratch.

EDIT - why does "my autistic son" change to "My austistic son?" That's very funny and no my autistic son is not autistic. What's the backstory there? :awesome:
Last edited by godofdeadlydeath on Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

godofdeadlydeath wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:09 am I'm really conflicted about my CD collection. I had to toss the majority of the plastic jewel cases when my parents' basement flooded when I was in college and it ruined most of the inserts. I've kept the majority of the collection I'd amassed through 2006 with the booklets and CDs in binders. I rarely use them, and over the last 10-12 years or so, any CD I've bought has either been ripped to mp3s on a hard drive (that I no longer use since my iPod died and now I just stream everything) or just put in a box to collect. If I had kept the jewel cases and the inserts I could see a scenario where I would've put together some nice shelving so I could display the CDs, but at this point, I might just try and sell the binders on FB marketplace and keep the box sets and rare or sentimental favorites.

I don't want it to end up like when I sold my video game collection and about 2 months later my autistic son started getting really into old video games and wanted to learn more about the history and play a lot of old stuff, but it's not like he can't just pull up any music he wants to hear on youtube these days.

Maybe one day I'll start a new collection from scratch.
Good post. In a weird way, 'keeping things for the family/family members' is a big incentive for retaining collections, even if the collector has lost interest. Kids and grandkids often go nuts over stuff like that once it's old or curious enough, and if you've got a large enough family the odds that one of the little fuckers gets interested increases.

Dumb disorganized thoughts written by a man holding a phone at lunch:

I did sell all my video game shit a few years ago, which was a big deal for me. I kept a very small amount of sentimental treasures, but dumped an enormous amount of shit. I figured I'd regret it, but I really haven't yet. The newer culture of video game collecting really bugs me, the prices got stupid, but more than anything I realized that none of that shit was really going away. I didn't need to protect it.

I'm onto horror VHS now which I find way more rewarding. The rental culture is authentically dead, and it's not coming back... it's a world I loved dearly, and something that I think is worth preserving. It's still possible to find deals, it's more personal, and they actually look fantastic on display... which is the big drawback for CDs, for me. Of all forms of media, I think CDs look the worst/blandest on a shelf.

The fix for physical music, I think, came with bandcamp... getting tapes or CDs from bands that really are making incredibly limited runs created something new, which is similar to the old tape trading underground.

I think the ultimate Gordian Knot would be some way of keeping music offline... so that you could only hear it if you had the physical object. I really don't know how to do that... it obviously would be abused by hipster types who really only care about exclusivity and obscurity themselves, which is not what I'm interested in. Truly rewarding experiences with music come from picking the thing up, putting it on, and not changing it until the recording is over. No matter that you've got, it makes the moment better. I can't fucking do that with digital music, no matter what, I lack the discipline. If it's a record or CD or tape, I can pull it off. If you could keep your album off the web completely... you could add magic back to the world, a little bit.
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
godofdeadlydeath

I miss that magic. That's why I still occasionally buy CDs from artists I love, just to bring back SOME of that experience of paying actual cash, getting the plastic off myself, cracking it open for the first time, the SMELL of the booklet, touching the pristine CD without finger smudges on it for the first time. I still try to deprive myself from hearing full album streams before something is released if it's an album by a band I love that I want to purchase myself. Even if I listen to the physical copy once in my car and then stream it exclusively after that, it's some weird thing I feel like I owe the band, my duty to buy their physical release.

VHSs are so cool and I love the look of a VHS collection. Something definitely got lost in the transition to DVDs and CDs in terms of the cool physical presentation. Even cassettes look cooler on display than CDs.

FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

featherboa wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:15 pmsync is short for synchronous what are you talking about
I can't believe I let you get away with this

sync - verb/action - short for synchronize
sync - noun/state - short for synchony, and distinguished by near-universal presence of a preceding "in" or "out of"
synch - adjective - short for synchronous - major downside is that it seems like "cinch"

:betternotstartanyshit:
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

this is going to take forever in this asynch format
Image Certified Poster
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

the utah monolith :wank:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

the same circulating viral stories about magical telomere immortality every three years
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

and cancer is the most magic of them all
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

i really dont think im going to make forever im afraid :lol:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

FVBTVS wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:23 pm the utah monolith :wank:
godofdeadlydeath

Family drama. Some people can shake that shit off but it gets me furious every year this time of year, even when I exclude myself from it, I get roped into it and it's the fucking worst.

featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

henry ford quotes in email signatures from my kids teachers
Image Certified Poster
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

What sort of anti-semetic worker bee factory are you sending them to?
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
MeatGrease
[citation needed]

Post by MeatGrease »

featherboa wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:42 am henry ford quotes in email signatures from my kids teachers
You have got to be the stupidest faggot to ever post here, it’s not even a contest anymore. You are a complete loser, more cringe than cascade whore and that’s really saying something
Warning: this post may contain plagiarized text or language, some which may be above the poster's reading level.