Sci Fi Speed Dating

Music posts are a bannable offense.
User avatar
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______
Posts: 18274
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:57 pm
Location: just a-passin' thru

Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:18 am

F. Murray Sandyclam wrote:Mary and I own about 6-7 swords between the two of us.

Judge us, internet.
I think it's okay as long as you don't, like, display them openly? I'm not sure how this works. Do you have any posters of people holding swords?
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
User avatar
pooptastik
Too Many Sads Too Many Regrets
Posts: 10688
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:27 am

Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:05 am

Well Mike acts like a train conductor...an angry drunk.
User avatar
The Torsion
Sir Posts-A-Lot
Posts: 10405
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:47 pm
Location: It's Tyler Perry's world, I just live here.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:07 am

Smegma wrote:Goddammit, are you people borderline retarded? The difference between those people, and 'regular' people who are: enthusiasts, hobbyists, collectors, fanboys, etc... is a matter of degree. Soiled Depends doesn't walk around the streets of Winnipeg dressed in full conductor regalia proclaiming "this is a lifestyle man" just because he enjoys model trains. I'm not going to conventions in a John Wayne Gacy clown suit, complete with make-up and balloons. To most people, these types of things are just interests. It's fine to have a few posters or a display shelf with toys or whatever the fuck in your house. It has nothing to do with the content of the collection. It has to do with being obsessive and singularly defined by that obsession.
I basically said the same thing 5 pages back and James threw a shit fit.
Haha,
User avatar
Blair
O.G. Interwebber
Posts: 4838
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:01 pm

Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:21 am

There are train hoppers who try to dress like old tyme train conductors...
Zerohero wrote:shooting cum on that hot chick that is my altar.
doubleblumpkin wrote:Guess who's riding a pig through the jungle 8)
User avatar
jen said destroy
Don't mess with my shit.
Posts: 1940
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:17 am
Location: NYC
Contact:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:32 am

Blair wrote:There are train hoppers who try to dress like old tyme train conductors...
They look like toddlers
User avatar
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______
Posts: 18274
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:57 pm
Location: just a-passin' thru

Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:37 am

pooptastik wrote:Well Mike acts like a train conductor...an angry drunk.
That is so not true. I'm not an angry drunk.

Also, since we're back from interior design to psychology - everyone post what defines them as a person in ten words or less. GO.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
User avatar
pooptastik
Too Many Sads Too Many Regrets
Posts: 10688
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:27 am

Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:40 am

ha, im not talking about you. Soiled Depends Mike.

You're too cute to be angry.
User avatar
Blair
O.G. Interwebber
Posts: 4838
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:01 pm

Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:40 am

jen said destroy wrote:
Blair wrote:There are train hoppers who try to dress like old tyme train conductors...
They look like toddlers
They're generally about as capable as toddlers as well...

Anyone who wears those fucking overalls looks like a toddler. My buddies and I would always give douchebags that wore those carharts ones to work shit, "Does your mom dress you? Are you 4 years old?"
Zerohero wrote:shooting cum on that hot chick that is my altar.
doubleblumpkin wrote:Guess who's riding a pig through the jungle 8)
User avatar
Idget Child
Big McLargeHuge
Posts: 4074
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:23 am
Location: Fuck City

Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:35 am

The Torsion wrote:
Smegma wrote:Goddammit, are you people borderline retarded? The difference between those people, and 'regular' people who are: enthusiasts, hobbyists, collectors, fanboys, etc... is a matter of degree. Soiled Depends doesn't walk around the streets of Winnipeg dressed in full conductor regalia proclaiming "this is a lifestyle man" just because he enjoys model trains. I'm not going to conventions in a John Wayne Gacy clown suit, complete with make-up and balloons. To most people, these types of things are just interests. It's fine to have a few posters or a display shelf with toys or whatever the fuck in your house. It has nothing to do with the content of the collection. It has to do with being obsessive and singularly defined by that obsession.
I basically said the same thing 5 pages back and James threw a shit fit.
Yes, but you also don't actively typecast yourself on this forum so we should be able to pick up on the subtleties with your post.
Chad wrote:Idget child might be the worst poster here though...
User avatar
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)
Posts: 9908
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:56 pm

Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:26 pm

The Torsion wrote:I basically said the same thing 5 pages back and James threw a shit fit.
did not
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
User avatar
a world of no
Olde Timer
Posts: 5025
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:25 pm

Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:26 pm

what's with this new doctor who fucking shit fandom? i watched it as a kid(mostly baker series) and it scared the shit out of me and i loved every second of it. now this new shit is goddamn garbage, but it's popular? i blame karen killan. at least that's the only reason i watch the new stuff.
User avatar
a world of no
Olde Timer
Posts: 5025
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:25 pm

Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:34 pm

fuck everything...
User avatar
Broken Into Pieces
O.G. Interwebber
Posts: 4962
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:58 pm
Location: 唐津市, 大韓民國
Contact:

Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:25 pm

Pisscubes wrote:
Raw Ting wrote:
Pisscubes wrote:I think we can all agree that themed bedsheets are probably the line here.
really? so the walls of "insert interest here" dvd's, posters, etc, are fine, but the bedsheets are the line? if you are commited to that kind of fanatic way of living, where is the line?
I have to say-- if I walk into someone's apartment and they have WAAAAAY too much shit for any one interest all over the apartment, it might seem tacky.

But if that carries over to the place you ostensibly have sex, it just strikes me as all wrong.

But I'm just one man...
what if you live in a one-room apartment, so the bedroom is the whole apartment? tacky or all wrong?
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
truthfully I don't have 'way too much shit' for any one interest anyway, I just like playing devil's advocate sometimes...
Image Image
Xbox 360: Pabo Byungshin
¡Viva los Rudos!
oskorei noise industries
User avatar
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot
Posts: 12240
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:00 am
Location: ಠ_ಠ

Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:44 pm

User avatar
ThePhillyExperiment
Supreme Hatred
Posts: 6410
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:48 pm

Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:55 pm

HOW DARE THAT MOTHER FUCKER DRESS LIKE DOCTOR WHO!
brobot wrote: "Some guy asked me if I was a robot...like a Relapse robot? I have no idea what he was talking about."
GLEN BENTON wrote: ONLY THING IS I LOOK AT THE GIRLS AT THE MOVIES, AND THERE BETWEEN 10 AND 14!
User avatar
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)
Posts: 9908
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:56 pm

Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:10 am

0 minutes 3 seconds in. Still on IGN logo. Who wants to fight
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
User avatar
Wormholegenerator
The 7000 Club
Posts: 7011
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:24 pm
Location: V838 Moncerotis

Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:13 am

She looks like an albino black girl
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
:? :mastoman: :oops: :mrgreen:
Image
User avatar
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______
Posts: 18274
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:57 pm
Location: just a-passin' thru

Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:39 am

Pshhh, Wii "gamer chicks"...
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
User avatar
soiled depends
I'm always posting. At all times.
Posts: 33105
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:26 pm
Location: Decapitation Capital of Canaduh

Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:45 am

spacehamster wrote:
pooptastik wrote:Well Mike acts like a train conductor...an angry drunk.
That is so not true. I'm not an angry drunk.
excuse me, but I don't think you're being addressed at this time...
does your employer know that you are a cold hearted animal murderer in addition to being an insatiable pervert?-meatgrease
only a fundamentally insecure asshole would relish in the death of domesticated cats-chad

Image
User avatar
a world of no
Olde Timer
Posts: 5025
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:25 pm

Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:52 pm

a world of no wrote:i now think i understand this new doctor who fandom after watching the matt smith/11th doctor episodes. i watched it as a kid(mostly baker series) and it scared the shit out of me and i loved every second of it. now this new shit is goddamn ok, and it's too popular. i blame karen killan. she's a deciding reason for why i chose to watch the new stuff, and i'm happy i did.
redacted
User avatar
jen said destroy
Don't mess with my shit.
Posts: 1940
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:17 am
Location: NYC
Contact:

Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:14 pm

David Tennant 4 lyfe.
User avatar
Whee of the Dead
Angry at the world, shaking fists!
Posts: 4011
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:24 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:41 am

:tup: :pizza:

"I am THE Doctor. The definitive article if you will."
scratching at the coffin
User avatar
jen said destroy
Don't mess with my shit.
Posts: 1940
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:17 am
Location: NYC
Contact:

Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:01 am

I like Tom Baker as well, but I thought we were talking about the nowadays Doctors. Also, Tom Baker will be in the 50th anniversary episode/special :cheers:
User avatar
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______
Posts: 18274
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:57 pm
Location: just a-passin' thru

Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:53 am

I still think Doctor Who was somehow retconned into reality. Until seriously like a year ago, I'd never heard of it, and now suddenly everyone's acting like the show's been around forever. I'm not buying it. You're all in on this shit.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
User avatar
jen said destroy
Don't mess with my shit.
Posts: 1940
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:17 am
Location: NYC
Contact:

Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:07 pm

spacehamster wrote:I'm from Switzerland
Post Reply