Consumption Be Done About These New Star Wars Movies ?!?!

Music posts are a bannable offense.
BUNGVOX

Re: Consumption Be Done About These New Star Wars Movies ?!?

Post by BUNGVOX »

so you're basically saying that rob zombie directing a few of these fuckers would be a bad idea?
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Post by fallbacktostone »

i fucking hate zak snyder as much as any one probably should but rob zombie is in his own world of shitty as far as im concerned. not even close to being the same. at least his shit works on the car commercial level..
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

I'm gonna have another kid in about 8 weeks, well not personally, as I don't have a womb - BUT - I wouldn't mind being able to throw away the prequels and just show my new offspring episodes 4, 5 and 6 and then if they're still into it - Watch some of the other new Star Wars films and just deny that the whole episodes 1-3 ever existed at all.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

Kurt Russell's Beard wrote:Brad Bird writing the first of the new trilogy is exciting news. And Snyder making a one-off Seven Samurai-influenced SW film sounds like it could be a great time. Lucas is fucking awful. The last three movies blew hard. A new SW movie every two years is going to be fun. I hope they let a bunch of different directors try. You realize with that much new talent running loose with this mythology, in the next ten years we'll have at least one, probably two, films that will be better than the original trilogy, nostalgia and history aside? Brad Bird is an EXCELLENT writer. Fuck, if they just live action film the movie cut scenes from the Knights of the Old Republic, it will rule.

Excellent points. Ever since hearing that Lucas has decided to wipe his grubby, awful hands of anything star wars related, I've been optimistic about new star wars movies. I'm looking forward to them.
soiled depends
I'm always posting. At all times.

Post by soiled depends »

yeah yet a fucking guy named "Brad Bird" direct a fucking movie....can Steve Snail write Jar Jar's lines?
does your employer know that you are a cold hearted animal murderer in addition to being an insatiable pervert?-meatgrease
only a fundamentally insecure asshole would relish in the death of domesticated cats-chad

Kurt Russell's Beard
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Kurt Russell's Beard »

I would love a Rob Zombie undead-Sith on the rampage SW movie. I would love a Die Hard-type of escape Jedi film by Michael Bay, fuck it. I would love an all-Wookie dark side ghost tale by a J- or K-horror director. Just open the gates and let people work in the mythology. We will get some crap. But it'll be interesting crap just by virtue of it taking place so shockingly in a hallowed (and already abused) setting. And for every crap movie, we'll likely get a rad one that could never have been made by a bore like Lucas.
Whee of the Dead
I hate my life.

Post by Whee of the Dead »

Kurt Russell's Beard wrote:Brad Bird writing the first of the new trilogy is exciting news. And Snyder making a one-off Seven Samurai-influenced SW film sounds like it could be a great time. Lucas is fucking awful. The last three movies blew hard. A new SW movie every two years is going to be fun. I hope they let a bunch of different directors try. You realize with that much new talent running loose with this mythology, in the next ten years we'll have at least one, probably two, films that will be better than the original trilogy, nostalgia and history aside? Brad Bird is an EXCELLENT writer. Fuck, if they just live action film the movie cut scenes from the Knights of the Old Republic, it will rule.
Excluding the Snyder comment, I agree with a lot of this. I understand the love for the original trilogy is mostly held together by nostalgia. When I revisit the movies with an older and broader mind I sometimes cringe. (I can't even finish RotJ.) That being said, there is a certain type of magic in A New Hope and especially ESB that I don't think can be matched with todays styles.
cranial separation

SEX WITH HER SEVERED HEAD
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

james wrote:There is no reason that a new, good Star Wars movie could not be made.
:rhug: :lhug:
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Whee of the Dead wrote:Excluding the Snyder comment, I agree with a lot of this.
I agree with all of it, every day when I wake up and stumble out of bed and say a brief prayer to Sweet Lord Batman and the other great heavenly gods of pop culture.

All of you should listen to your wise board elder Mr. Beard today, because what he has said embodies a superior and more functional attitude towards entertainment.

Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
Whee of the Dead
I hate my life.

:invcross:
Never.
Movies are dead.
Only VHS is real.
cranial separation

The Torsion
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Torsion »

F. Murray Sandyclam wrote:I have the feeling this movie officially signals the end of my entire generation.

Oh well. We had a good run. Not really.
Are you fucking serious? I can't tell anymore.
Haha,
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Whee of the Dead wrote::invcross:
Never.
Movies are dead.
Only VHS is real.
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
Whee of the Dead
I hate my life.

you know I love you James, but...

I'll never forget the 12 year old who jetted into the movie theater that bright, spring day in 1998 to see the big, new American Godzilla flick. So excited... so naive. And then the crushing disappointment. The shattering of my reality. Only hate and distrust helped me to walk home. Head hung low. I knew then nothing was sacred to these beasts. Everything and anything was a whore. Then came Phantom Menace...the horror remake spree... the bubble gum zombie movies.... Never again.

Never again.
cranial separation

CROSTY
Better at internetting than you.

Post by CROSTY »

Ridley Scott FSW
altars of radness
Olde Timer

Post by altars of radness »

Whee of the Dead wrote:you know I love you James, but...

I'll never forget the 12 year old who jetted into the movie theater that bright, spring day in 1998 to see the big, new American Godzilla flick. So excited... so naive. And then the crushing disappointment. The shattering of my reality. Only hate and distrust helped me to walk home. Head hung low. I knew then nothing was sacred to these beasts. Everything and anything was a whore. Then came Phantom Menace...the horror remake spree... the bubble gum zombie movies.... Never again.

Never again.
You mean the one with Matthew Broderick? Yeah, how did they ever fuck that up?
Erik13 wrote:Does anyone have pics of Ron shirtless?
http://teenagedesires.bandcamp.com
http://mockduck.bandcamp.com
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

altars of radness wrote:
Whee of the Dead wrote:you know I love you James, but...

Never again.
You mean the one with Matthew Broderick? Yeah, how did they ever fuck that up?
Hollywood let a bunch of jack-offs that didn't know shit about Godzilla make a Godzilla movie.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

Fuck off with this ROTJ bashing - the triple climax (and preceding lead-up) is just awesome.
soiled depends wrote:Steve Snail
ahahaha
Kurt Russell's Beard wrote:I just watched the new Superman trailer and got goosebumps on the skin of the shits that were coming out my ass. Maybe the movie will utterly blow, but that was a Snyder trailer, and it was fucking good. Your argument is garbage. Remember, Lucas cut the AWESOME trailer for Howard the Duck.
The dude is a trailer expert. That's the only thing he can do well. The Watchmen story is so fundamentally excellent that even with all ZS's efforts it still wasn't really ruined, but the mistakes he made with it were fucking insane. Anyone saying anything good or optimistic or even benefit-of-the-doubtish about the guy needs to go watch Sucker Punch (all of it) and report back.
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Kurt Russell's Beard
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

I disagree, Ross, about Watchmen being so inherently great that only a buffoon could fumble it. I see it just the opposite, and most others tend to in the comic industry. It's a complex, unwieldy story, it's a challenge to adapt to screen. I don't think that Snyder did a poor job. He of course went overboard in style and slow mo, but it's not butchery. It's just a literary type of comic with intertextual and po-mo lynchpins, and I can't even IMAGINE what a successful adaptation would really look like. I've never been able to imagine it filmed. Snyder largely shot the frames (in overwrought fashion), and the few changes he made (the source of the apocalypse) were better. I'm actually surprised he didn't fuck it up worse.
Whee of the Dead
I hate my life.

Necrometer wrote:Fuck off with this ROTJ bashing - the triple climax (and preceding lead-up) is just awesome.
The movie is a childish bore. It's so flat and dull that you can tell Lucas picked that one to be the template for the prequels.

Necrometer wrote:Anyone saying anything good or optimistic or even benefit-of-the-doubtish about the guy needs to go watch Sucker Punch (all of it) and report back.
:pizza: :pizza: :pizza:
cranial separation

Honky Kong 64
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by Honky Kong 64 »

Zack Snyder - VII
Rob Zombie - VIII
Baz Luhrmann - IX
Son of Baz Luhrmann - X, XI, XII
No Cunting Elves
Toxicarius
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by Toxicarius »

I hope these new movies are rated R -- a hard R. Tons of light saber related gore, force dismemberments & head explosions, Jedi raping the gibbed remains... You know, to make up for all that cutesy crap that Lucas dumped in our laps previously. Not gonna happen, but one can dream.
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Post by fallbacktostone »

bela tarr
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:
Toxicarius wrote:I hope these new movies are rated R -- a hard R. Tons of light saber related gore, force dismemberments & head explosions, Jedi raping the gibbed remains... You know, to make up for all that cutesy crap that Lucas dumped in our laps previously. Not gonna happen, but one can dream.
First ever Jedi date rape scene?

"Luke, use the Force Her..."
I think there's been enough rape in the Star Wars series already:

DR. THRAXX
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DR. THRAXX »

Browsing through this thread and I can't help but to be excited over what I assume to be only top quality discussion regarding this films when they are made..... :wank: :wank: :wank:
$$$$$ RaP GaME WiLL RaHMeR $$$$$
Kurt Russell's Beard
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

http://io9.com/5975973/no-zack-snyder-i ... wars-movie

Please close this thread, thank you.