Consumption Be Done About These New Star Wars Movies ?!?!

Music posts are a bannable offense.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Re: Consumption Be Done About These New Star Wars Movies ?!?

Post by james »

Entertainment Weekly sayin Boba and Han gettin movies

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=73858

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/02/06/s ... boba-fett/

seems rather loose and I wouldn't be surprised if this all changes
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Pisscubes wrote:"Thank you... R2D2"
:lol: :lol: :lol: The worst. Perfect for that thread of biopic quotes.

"No, despite it being November, it's a perfect day to ride in a convertible. After all, this is Dallas.. Mr. Kennedy."
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

how did young anakin know enough about homosexuality to program his robot to be it
Mooretician
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Mooretician »

I for one cannot wait to see the origin of Han's vest
copstache wrote:on a positive note, i hope if i get old and encrippled my nurses come and put on Judeobeast Assassin and watch my horrible atrophied limbs twitch in some mess of neurons flickering and dying
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

I'm willing to bet that they all but expel the prequel mythos
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

I'm ok with a Boba movie.
soiled depends
I'm always posting. At all times.

Post by soiled depends »

How is your colouring book coming along, folks?

I'm okay with having higher sandards than any of this third rate slop for children....
does your employer know that you are a cold hearted animal murderer in addition to being an insatiable pervert?-meatgrease
only a fundamentally insecure asshole would relish in the death of domesticated cats-chad

danox3
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by danox3 »

TheDOAD wrote:if they do boba like the expanded universe books it would be rad. Like finding out how he got his mandalorian body armor and whatnot. Some of the origins stories are awesome if they dont gay them up with Metachlorians.
I've been a big fan of the novels. I've read about 3/4 of them and just finished Scoundrels by Timothy Zahn (he wrote the Heir to the Empire series, the best books of all the novels)

If Scoundrels were made into a movie, I think it would be a smash hit. Han, Chewie and Lando, week or so after A New Hope, pulling off an Oceans 11 style heist, to hopes to pay off Jabba. It explains why Lando is pissed at Han when he arrives at Cloud City, even hints at some of the ways Lando became the administrator.

I think doing Star wars movies like this will only expand the details of characters we all know and love. Of course we hope they are done well, and no one is going to please everyone. But I for one would rather attempts be made.
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

F. Murray Sandyclam wrote:I'm fine pretending only the first two movies + (just a few) parts of ROTJ exist.
THIS.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-tal ... 36926.html
In a presentation Wednesday, Disney representatives unveiled some big plans for the "Star Wars" franchise after purchasing Lucasfilm for $4 billion. While it's well known that "Star Wars: Episode VII" is in the works and poised for release in the summer of 2015, Disney is saying after that, fans can expect a new "Star Wars" movie every summer for at least five years, with installments in the official series alternating with stand-alone films that will focus on well-loved characters in the "Star Wars" universe.
what the fuck

maybe there are things worse than Lucas
Last edited by Necrometer on Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Zap Rowsdower
COOTIES

Post by Zap Rowsdower »

ghost boner wrote:our cousins should fuck
IFryKids
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by IFryKids »

Necrometer wrote:http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-tal ... 36926.html
In a presentation Wednesday, Disney representatives unveiled some big plans for the "Star Wars" franchise after purchasing Lucasfilm for $4 billion. While it's well known that "Star Wars: Episode VII" is in the works and poised for release in the summer of 2015, Disney is saying after that, fans can expect a new "Star Wars" movie every summer for at least five years, with installments in the official series alternating with stand-alone films that will focus on well-loved characters in the "Star Wars" universe.
what the fuck

maybe there are things worse than Lucas
Meh. Sounds like they're taking a Marvel approach, which has been working for them so far.

Really, it doesn't matter how many they release. If they're all awesome, it'll be fine. If most of them are awful, it'll be a tragedy of epic proportions. Cross your fingers and hope for the best?
This is my sacrifice
This is my life
This is my only regret
That I ever was born
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

even if they all end up bad, it would be a monumental fucking feat to be more unwatchable and insulting than the prequels
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
valgalder
Wandering Johnny!

Post by valgalder »

exactly.
Skyclun wrote: Explain to me how I'm dumb for not knowing how PayPal works.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

I'm so glad we're finally being honest with ourselves about just how fucking olympian of a level polished turd was functioning at with the prequels

Like no shiny shitty any human had ever been forced to contend with before
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
valgalder
Wandering Johnny!

Post by valgalder »

I still know a couple people that will defend the prequels to some extent. :oops:
Skyclun wrote: Explain to me how I'm dumb for not knowing how PayPal works.
dixiewhiskey
Kill Whitey

Post by dixiewhiskey »

danox3 wrote:
TheDOAD wrote:if they do boba like the expanded universe books it would be rad. Like finding out how he got his mandalorian body armor and whatnot. Some of the origins stories are awesome if they dont gay them up with Metachlorians.
I've been a big fan of the novels. I've read about 3/4 of them and just finished Scoundrels by Timothy Zahn (he wrote the Heir to the Empire series, the best books of all the novels)

If Scoundrels were made into a movie, I think it would be a smash hit. Han, Chewie and Lando, week or so after A New Hope, pulling off an Oceans 11 style heist, to hopes to pay off Jabba. It explains why Lando is pissed at Han when he arrives at Cloud City, even hints at some of the ways Lando became the administrator.

I think doing Star wars movies like this will only expand the details of characters we all know and love. Of course we hope they are done well, and no one is going to please everyone. But I for one would rather attempts be made.
Fett should get at least one of the movies with him having a major role, and preferably if they start from when Jango was killed. and also Darth Maul
danox3
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by danox3 »

Does anyone here watch the Clone Wars animated series? I find them to be excellent, the stories are so much more detailed and original then the prequels.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

:|
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

AAHAHAH FAJBFHASDJFBSDJKBFSFSD
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

im so glad :tup:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Star Wars: Episode VII To Shoot On 35mm

http://www.swtorstrategies.com/2013/08/ ... ti5ult8.99

Can some filmy person (Geoff?) tell me if this means anything at all? It's really making the rounds, and it seems like it's being met with a bunch of hand-clapping and yay yay... but it doesn't seem terribly significant to me...?
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

It means the 3D will be converted and thus probably shittier than if it'd shot in native digital 3D. For 2D you probably won't tell any difference.

I realized that the sequels really should focus on Leia, since she was pretty much the only forward-looking storyline/prophecy/whatever left dangling at the end of Jedi. I know this is all covered in the EU, but I hope they give her more than a cameo.
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

and maybe they'll put a nice vintage 80's feeling filter on everything to satisfy the appetites of these insatiable jews..
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
hooked on sonics
Amongst the Catacombs of Nephren-ka

Post by hooked on sonics »

james wrote:Star Wars: Episode VII To Shoot On 35mm

http://www.swtorstrategies.com/2013/08/ ... ti5ult8.99

Can some filmy person (Geoff?) tell me if this means anything at all? It's really making the rounds, and it seems like it's being met with a bunch of hand-clapping and yay yay... but it doesn't seem terribly significant to me...?
Real film is on the verge of disappearing entirely so it's nice that a major production/franchise will use it if only so the company (I think only one is left) will be forced to keep making it for a little longer. Film has a certain hard to define texture that digital is wholly lacking. It seems a little more real to me. It is more detailed but also more expensive (and getting more expensive as it gets scarcer.) It is very much like audio recording to tape versus digital recording - only more endangered. The change seems to be inevitable at this point, though. It will ultimately be a good thing, easier and cheaper, but it is sad to see it go.

But yeah, the consumer of the end product won't be able to really tell. They convert everything to digital for post-production color timing, editing and effects anyway. Even though the highest resolution digital (including the scanning of 35mm negative) can't quite capture all the detail of actual film yet it is getting very close.

I personally dislike digital, for me nothing beats the tactile experience of a 35mm print in a good theater... the flickering light shining through the celluloid and the shifting grain structure. It's possible I'm just nostalgic. I don't really watch many newer films and have never seen a 3D one.

Very few people are still resisting the change to digital. Tarantino is adamant, so is PT Anderson. Scorsese is also very vocal about the virtues of film. He caved for Hugo but I think his new one is 35mm, luckily. I guess Abrams is also a fellow true believer, which is good news even though I don't really have any interest in Star Wars!