Big & Beautiful Thread of Sizeisms

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Re: Big & Beautiful Thread of Sizeisms

Post by Geeheeb »

F. Murray Sandyclam wrote:There's a difference between information and knowledge.
should this be on a shirt?
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
How Are Mortiis Goatse?!
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by How Are Mortiis Goatse?! »

Pisscubes wrote: It's weird because it has certainly made me contemplate the whole idea of "knowledge". We're to the point now where ANY arguement you can have-- political, medical, etc-- someone can find SOMETHING written somewhere at the touch of a Google to support their side.

The woman above is claiming that Broccoli is not better for you than Doritos.
You can find an argument for anything - but you can't find compelling arguments for anything. If you're making claims about nutrition, physiology, genetics (or anything really) you need a to point to research that 1) is reproducible, 2) have a sensible protocol and research design, 3) has properly used statistical analysis, and 4) draws conclusions that are supported by the evidence. Most people have no idea how identify any of these things and are thus unequipped to make informed decisions about anything, and then they find online communties where they can share their delusions in echo chambers comfortably uninterrupted by such inconveniences as evidence and reality.

The belief that doritos can be just as good for you as broccoli, or that vaccines cause autism, that their giant jiggling cottage cheese assess are there through no fault of their own, that you can cure diseases/ailments with sticking needles in your skin, that they have multiple personalities due to childhood satanic ritual abuse, that Bush orchestrated 9/11 with missiles and fake planes or however the fuck that stupid loose change-theory goes, that you can predict the future with astrology or tarot, and all other idiotic, unscientific, unrealistic, retarded dumb ass fucking bullshit beliefs really just boils down to unmitigated stupidity and ignorance.

All these fucking pigs who walk around using vocabulary such as "fat acceptence," "sizeism," etc. should just be harvested so their abundant body fat can be used to make soap for all the rest of us who can wash ourselves without using a rag on a stick.
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

Pisscubes wrote:
I think it’s OK and hardly an insult to fat people to call some foods “healthy” or “good” and others “unhealthy” and “bad” – broccoli is always going to be more nutritious than a Dorito, no matter who’s eating it. Therefore describing broccoli as “good” has nothing to do with shaming anybody who’s fat.
Nope. Not true. Broccoli does contain more nutrients. But it’s not healthier than Doritos for someone who is allergic to broccoli, or for a cancer patient who needs to eat large amounts of calories, or for someone with a health condition that requires eating a low-fiber diet. Or for someone who just doesn’t like broccoli. Or someone who gets cramps if they don’t eat enough salt, and needs to eat something salty now.

Some foods have more nutrients than others, but that doesn’t make them universally “good,” or other foods universally “bad.”
motherfuck!

this enabling sick shit needs to be curbed. this is fucking horrible.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

Or for someone who just doesn’t like broccoli.
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
the awesome Assassin
Sweet Lord _______

Post by the awesome Assassin »

Necrometer wrote:
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

I'm glad I made this thread. I guess I didn't realize the full extent of the bullshit floating around out there. I think I started out a bit more sympathetic for fatties because the ultra-thin end of the spectrum has been glamorized and I don't think that's great for people's brains, either. But the shit they come up with to avoid taking responsibility for being unhealthy is staggering. Are there any fit advocates for fat acceptance?
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

this broccoli/doritos thing is unfuckingreal. "doritos are healthier for you if your body REQUIRES huge amounts of salt immediately!" if these people used half the energy they expend rationalizing obesity for exercise instead they'd probably unwittingly destroy their own movement/cause/foundation/whatever the hell it is
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

:tup:

I just realized that this is our current surgeon general:
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

just like many groups who get a bad rep (peta/vegans, anarchists, linux users, single-foot blast enthusiasts) I think its a vocal minority here...
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

Geeheeb wrote:just like many groups who get a bad rep (peta/vegans, anarchists, linux users, single-foot blast enthusiasts) I think its a vocal minority here...
That's probably true.
What's more, a long-term study published in the journal Obesity found that people with "overweight" BMI scores have a lower risk of mortality than any other weight group.

So, hooray for a little junk in the trunk? Yes, some fat can be beneficial, says Konstantinos Manolopoulos, an Oxford University researcher. Pear-shaped women can finally rejoice: Thigh, hip, and butt fat is chemically very stable, and stable fat traps harmful compounds released during digestion. Thigh fat also secretes adiponectin, which helps the body metabolize sugar, and leptin, which regulates appetite.

Fortified by such science, the fat-acceptance movement pushes another key point: Extra weight may not be ideal, but it sure beats dieting. Research shows extreme yo-yo dieting can, over time, slow metabolism and cause cardiac stress; it can even lead to long-term weight increases.
MAYBE PEOPLE SHOULD GET OFF THE SOFA INSTEAD OF STARVING THEMSELVES
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

EATA
canon.docre
Olde Timer

Post by canon.docre »

infuriating.
[XHATEXBRIGADEX] because your a polotical faggot
canon.docre
Olde Timer

Post by canon.docre »

on the flipside, I work with a morbidly obese dude with diabetes and he is not a weepy fat apologist when it comes to his weight, he exercises all the time and I've seen his diet get progressively better over the last 2 years and he is not deluding himself that being his size is ok.

also just to get this out of the way I'm kinda fat right now and also doing something about it, which doesn't involve cry-eating veggie burgers in the parking lot of the nearest vegan-king behind my girlfriends back. it involves rarely drinking (and not binge drinking at all), no eating chips or pizza (which I basically ate in addition to normal helathy meals for basically no reason at all, maybe boredom?), cutting processed sugars (out of coffee, juice, snacks), and drinking tea between dinner and bed instead of consuming ANYTHING else. For exercise I mean I'm just doing the same old shit, drumming 4 nights a week for a couple hours and walking around aimlessly for hours listening to music when I'm not working or bored. not really in a rush to shed the pounds but definitely have reversed the trend of my universe expanding. I guess I'm the proponent of the 'change diet, exercise isn't the key to losing weight' because I've never lived a sedentiary lifestyle so its not an issue. I am constantly amazed at the physical lazyness of my fellow man "you want to walk there? that's like .. 20 minutes!" Anecdotally speaking, its the fat people that complain about walking distance the most. Coincidence? You decide.
[XHATEXBRIGADEX] because your a polotical faggot
takeasneededforpain
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by takeasneededforpain »

Pisscubes wrote:The maddening part is they keep using "evidence" like the fact that BMI calculations can be way off from the reality of a situation (very true) as reasons why it's ok to be 300 pounds and do nothing physical. That BMI study you just sited Ross came up a lot in the page I was lurking on. They keep making the assumption that when people say, "If you're looking a little fat, but engage in a healthy lifestyle of exercise and eating ok, you should be fine" that what they're really saying is, "It's totally fine and healthy to be fat".

And yeah-- I agree with Geeheeb. These people are obviously the PETA of fat people.
"People for the Eating of Tasty Appetizers"... This is the class of people who eat food that makes them hungry for more food. You know, because clearly they need coercion.
Eat shit and live...
How Are Mortiis Goatse?!
Don't mess with my shit.

Fatabilly chicks...
Raw Ting
ultimate EVIL

Post by Raw Ting »

DEAL WITH IT
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

All dieting is extreme yo-yo dieting, so therefore eating nothing but Doritos and pizza is the healthiest course of action.

KILL THEM.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
takeasneededforpain
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by takeasneededforpain »

spacehamster wrote:All dieting is extreme yo-yo dieting, so therefore eating nothing but Doritos and pizza is the healthiest course of action.

KILL THEM.

How are you gonna do that, exactly?

Can you IMAGINE the grease fire if you tried to burn these people?
Eat shit and live...
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

takeasneededforpain wrote:
How are you gonna do that, exactly?
I dunno, man, but there has to be a way. Maybe if we roll them all up in a big ball its own mass will cause it to collapse on itself like a black hole or something? Or we just feed them to the starving children in Africa.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
How Are Mortiis Goatse?!
Don't mess with my shit.

The whole idea of "going on a diet" is retarded, what these delusional morons need is a fundamental lifestyle change that needs to last for the rest of their life. These people are drug fiends - always craving that next short term endorphine rush you get from high sugar/high fat foods. Their body is just a testament to their piss poor lifestyle just as the sore covreded toothless skeletor look is to intravenous methamphetamine users. The disguist of (relatively) healthy people that actually possess a minimum of willpower and self-respect shouldn't be all that surprising.
Zap Rowsdower
COOTIES

Post by Zap Rowsdower »

I'm not spoilering for size because intolerance for excessive size is the point of this thread.
ghost boner wrote:our cousins should fuck
How Are Mortiis Goatse?!
Don't mess with my shit.

Cakes are for weddings and children's birthday parties.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

cake is kinda retarded
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

dddd
Image Certified Poster
Raw Ting
ultimate EVIL

Post by Raw Ting »

james wrote:cake is kinda retarded

look what you've done