Vikings

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Warpsmasher
DO THE DEW!

Vikings

Post by Warpsmasher »

New series on the History channel, and current best show on TV, until Breaking bad comes back. Much christian ass has already been stomped :invcross:
Gustaf Skarsgard is automatically cooler than his brother Alexander, because he plays a real filthy viking and not a prettyboy vampire viking. :invcross: :invcross:

Of course there is the typical formula of having to include at least one battle scene and one sex scene per episode, but that's fine. The commitment to historical accuracy should prove to be one of the strong suits of the show, even if they do have to play it safe compared to HBO/AMC/etc.
First 3 episodes include Odin hallucinations, public execution, slave rape, a threesome proposition and child murder. :invcross: :invcross: :invcross: :invcross: :invcross:
Last edited by Warpsmasher on Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
krudmonk
Bonestorm 13

Re: Vikings

Post by krudmonk »

it looks like a truck commercial made for beguiles :tdown:
UGH! HEEEYYYYY!!!!!!!
pooptastik
Too Many Sads Too Many Regrets

Post by pooptastik »

saw half an episode where they had a public execution and made his son watch the beheading. kinda cool. i keep forgetting to watch it though.
Warpsmasher
DO THE DEW!

Post by Warpsmasher »

krudmonk wrote:it looks like a truck commercial made for beguiles :tdown:
Pretty much what I thought too from the commercials, and I really wasn't that interested, but the wife DVR'd it and put it on, so I watched it and was more impressed than I expected to be. Hooked by the end of ep.2.
danox3
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by danox3 »

I saw a female Viking in an add

pass, Am I wrong to expect Historical accuracy from the HISTORY channel?
pooptastik
Too Many Sads Too Many Regrets

Post by pooptastik »

Amon Amarth makes a cameo.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

danox3 wrote:I saw a female Viking in an add

Apparently that character is a documented real person.

As far as the X-tian ass stomping, sure, that happened, but Ragnar's also all fascinated with Christianity and stopped the others from killing all of the monks. It's a decent show so far and I'll keep watching for a bit, but I'm sceptical.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Warpsmasher
DO THE DEW!

Post by Warpsmasher »

Well, you have got a point there. I don't think he'll convert though, that would be too awful. Oh and fixed:
Warpsmasher wrote:current best show on TV, until Game Of Thrones comes back.
takeasneededforpain
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by takeasneededforpain »

spacehamster wrote:
danox3 wrote:I saw a female Viking in an add

Apparently that character is a documented real person.

As far as the X-tian ass stomping, sure, that happened, but Ragnar's also all fascinated with Christianity and stopped the others from killing all of the monks. It's a decent show so far and I'll keep watching for a bit, but I'm sceptical.

Ragnar Lodbrok was the Viking chieftain responsible for raiding Paris on Easter Sunday, March 28, 845 CE. He did a bunch of other things for which he is remembered in modern Asatru (the Icelandic variant, as opposed to the Ohioan pseudo-Nazi Aryan Brotherhood shit), and thus is fairly well documented in sagas. This might be the reason the History Channel chose him: a fair amount of reference material.

(EDIT: corrected date)
Eat shit and live...
LolaFaun
DO THE DEW!

Post by LolaFaun »

Does Vinteress know?
takeasneededforpain
Don't mess with my shit.

LolaFaun wrote:Does Vinteress know?
Probably not. I tend to believe she sticks to the fairy tale versions of history espoused by the neo-Nazi Odinists.
Eat shit and live...
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I meant the woman Katheryn Winnick plays.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
LolaFaun
DO THE DEW!

Post by LolaFaun »

takeasneededforpain wrote:
LolaFaun wrote:Does Vinteress know?
Probably not. I tend to believe she sticks to the fairy tale versions of history espoused by the neo-Nazi Odinists.

And Greg's Irish history lessons while watching Braveheart. :roll:
Warpsmasher
DO THE DEW!

Post by Warpsmasher »

The christians so far aren't portrayed in a positive or negative way. The captive monk's devotion to his faith is looked down upon and seen as weird, fucked up and creepy by Ragnar's family. It seems on some level to be a sort of counter-weight to their other new show, the Bible; a take on history from a non-christian POV.
takeasneededforpain
Don't mess with my shit.

Warpsmasher wrote:The christians so far aren't portrayed in a positive or negative way. The captive monk's devotion to his faith is looked down upon and seen as weird, fucked up and creepy by Ragnar's family. It seems on some level to be a sort of counter-weight to their other new show, the Bible; a take on history from a non-christian POV.
Imagine if someone told you that a religion existed that worshipped a zombie Jewish carpenter, and the sacraments were cannibalistic (if you follow the Catholic doctrine of transubstantiation), and that sex and all feelings of our natural state were demerits called "sins" that could get you punished eternally, in a lake of fire occupied by god's first and most perfect angel...

Sounds ludicrous to me right now... I imagine it was the same for the followers of the Northern way.
Eat shit and live...
Kurt Russell's Beard
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Kurt Russell's Beard »

Warpsmasher wrote:New series on the History channel, and current best show on TV, until Breaking bad comes back. Much christian ass has already been stomped :invcross:
Main character Ragnar is played by Gustaf Skarsgard, who is automatically cooler than his brother Alexander, because he plays a real filthy viking and not a prettyboy vampire viking. :invcross: :invcross:

Of course there is the typical formula of having to include at least one battle scene and one sex scene per episode, but that's fine. The commitment to historical accuracy should prove to be one of the strong suits of the show, even if they do have to play it safe compared to HBO/AMC/etc.
First 3 episodes include Odin hallucinations, public execution, slave rape, a threesome proposition and child murder. :invcross: :invcross: :invcross: :invcross: :invcross:
It's good so far. I love the crucifix smashing. The shield maiden wife is hot.

But isn't Gustaf Skarsgaard the guy who plays Ragnar's friend, Floki, the ship builder?
Warpsmasher
DO THE DEW!

Post by Warpsmasher »

Kurt Russell's Beard wrote:
Warpsmasher wrote:New series on the History channel, and current best show on TV, until Breaking bad comes back. Much christian ass has already been stomped :invcross:
Main character Ragnar is played by Gustaf Skarsgard, who is automatically cooler than his brother Alexander, because he plays a real filthy viking and not a prettyboy vampire viking. :invcross: :invcross:

It's good so far. I love the crucifix smashing. The shield maiden wife is hot.

But isn't Gustaf Skarsgaard the guy who plays Ragnar's friend, Floki, the ship builder?
:fp: Well fuck me, right you are. I didn't google anything, wife looked it up on her phone while we were watching it, but never specified which one he was, just figured she was talking about the main guy. That's awesome though, Floki is my favorite character so far.
Kurt Russell's Beard
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

From what I understand, he's the other "serious" actor (besides dad) in that family (I think all four brothers are actors?!) and has been in some respected films in Sweden.
Raw Ting
ultimate EVIL

Post by Raw Ting »

pooptastik wrote:saw half an episode where they had a public execution and made his son watch the beheading. kinda cool. i keep forgetting to watch it though.

Yeah I liked that episode of game of thrones too. :tup:
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Kurt Russell's Beard wrote:The shield maiden wife is hot.
If I'm honest, the only reason I started watching this show is because Winnick's in it. I have a boner from her that could split concrete.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

guardianoftheblind wrote:Image
love u :brokenheart:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Kurt Russell's Beard
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

spacehamster wrote:
Kurt Russell's Beard wrote:The shield maiden wife is hot.
If I'm honest, the only reason I started watching this show is because Winnick's in it. I have a boner from her that could split concrete.
She makes me wish it was HBO, and not History Channel. For tits.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
LordDarksoul wrote:Thanks for the concern, Fucktractor.
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
Warpsmasher
DO THE DEW!

Post by Warpsmasher »

Best episode so far

Fortune teller guy ist kvlt :invcross: