black sabbath

Music posts are a bannable offense.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Re: black sabbath

Post by james »

About halfway through the album - nothing but joy so far. So happy for this.

Back on the school bus in 8th grade with the sun baking my head, wearing large orange puffy headphones connected to a duct-taped Discman....
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
doubleblumpkin
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by doubleblumpkin »

Production on 13 sounds great. Love Geezer's bass. Other than that it can suck my dick. Songs are boring for the most part.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Dad wrote:Pizza nigga
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

rubined
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
maybe this is a bad rip?
doubleblumpkin
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by doubleblumpkin »

I saw somebody post that on what.cd, it doesn't sound that blown out...
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

legit spoiler which is weird for a music album...! don't click if you havent listened
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
The end of Dear Father :moreawesome: :moreawesome:

BOOKENDING A BODY OF WORK :awesome: :awesome:
\m/Johnny\m/
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by \m/Johnny\m/ »

valgalder wrote:skimmed through some of the album, and this one is a standout.. digging the back to blues approach, killer solos and geezers awesome sounding bass..

That was like a slow, drunken fuck where you didn't even end up getting a nut... With a fat girl.
elephants gerald wrote:
- GLENN DANZIG "literally a rotating cast of gigantic wigged infants," claims former tour manager
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

\m/Johnny\m/ wrote:
valgalder wrote:skimmed through some of the album, and this one is a standout.. digging the back to blues approach, killer solos and geezers awesome sounding bass..

That was like a slow, drunken fuck where you didn't even end up getting a nut... With a fat girl.

in other words, way better than beating off on the toilet alone to the sears catalog bra section...

Given only 1 spin, overall I can dig it. It is mostly slower and older... and Rubin clearly has said make an album as similar as possible to the ol' ozzy years, which for better or worse also means go easy on the speedy heavier riffage of the dio years, and even some of the meaner shit from albums beyond that. I like that mellow Planet Caravan inspired track... clearly trying to copy that vibe and atmosphere.

reserving serious judgement for time following more time and spins. Its been out all of 5 fucking minutes.
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
LordDarksoul wrote:Thanks for the concern, Fucktractor.
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Post by hipster holocaust »

A valiant effort...but snoozy
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
\m/Johnny\m/
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by \m/Johnny\m/ »

Fat-girl-fuck comment aside, I'm still pumped to give the whole thing a proper listen on repeat at work tomorrow.
elephants gerald wrote:
- GLENN DANZIG "literally a rotating cast of gigantic wigged infants," claims former tour manager
doubleblumpkin
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by doubleblumpkin »

james wrote:legit spoiler which is weird for a music album...! don't click if you havent listened
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
The end of Dear Father :moreawesome: :moreawesome:

BOOKENDING A BODY OF WORK :awesome: :awesome:
hahaha
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Zerohero wrote:I like that mellow Planet Caravan inspired track... clearly trying to copy that vibe and atmosphere.
I'm not sure if this is just my mind making it's own associations/comparisons or not, but at times it almost seemed as though there was shit intentionally patterned after/inspired by older songs. Loner felt extremely similar to Johnny Blade.

This is wild shit. Definitely not Death Magnetic, thank god...
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

james wrote:
Zerohero wrote:I like that mellow Planet Caravan inspired track... clearly trying to copy that vibe and atmosphere.
I'm not sure if this is just my mind making it's own associations/comparisons or not, but at times it almost seemed as though there was shit intentionally patterned after/inspired by older songs. Loner felt extremely similar to Johnny Blade.

nah, you're dead on with majority of tracks anyway... Rubin clearly understood the vibe of "the ozzy era" musicwise and made this follow that pattern. Contrived? well, yeah that's the point, but kinda cool having another album fitting into that era.

only think that clearly sucks IS that cover art. Easily the worst of their career, even worse than seventh stars Iommi photo for a cover..
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

james wrote:
I'm not sure if this is just my mind making it's own associations/comparisons or not, but at times it almost seemed as though there was shit intentionally patterned after/inspired by older songs.
I had the same thought but didn't write down many specifics. one of the tracks is really similar to the opening and then the mid-paced/pre-solo part of "black sabbath," plus what you and ZH pointed out.

I think the album is more than listenable, but man some of ozzy's vocals and the way he delivers some of the crappier lyrics is hard to ignore.
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

Zerohero wrote:
james wrote:

nah, you're dead on with majority of tracks anyway... Rubin clearly understood the vibe of "the ozzy era" musicwise and made this follow that pattern. Contrived? well, yeah that's the point, but kinda cool having another album fitting into that era.

only think that clearly sucks IS that cover art. Easily the worst of their career, even worse than seventh stars Iommi photo for a cover..
they should have just used that one again.
danox3
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by danox3 »

james wrote:

That's the problem, each song sounds like a re-work of an existing song, but with tired vocals, and boring drums.

Tony had a better tone on heaven and Hell.
godofdeadlydeath
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by godofdeadlydeath »

danox3 wrote:
james wrote:

That's the problem, each song sounds like a re-work of an existing song, but with tired vocals, and boring drums.
So, it IS Death Magnetic.
Stabbed in the eyes with a fucking caak...

https://soundcloud.com/mthomassteele
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

danox3 wrote:
james wrote:

Tony had a better tone on heaven and Hell.
I always think of the Dio stuff as "heavier faster" sabbath...and the oz era as their drugged out hippie blues era...(love both) and yeah it is pretty clear they wanted this to sound like oz era--- a bit tricky to pull off since they ain't sounded that way for a long ass time (and even final Oz record Never Say Die was starting to get a bit harder sounding, even if by dumb luck).

Derivative-- yeah sure, but for me, I don't really care much about geriatric ozzy's performance--- it just a familiar voice, he's still alive and like a glove just feels kinda right even if it's ready for the junkyard/boneyard soon. I also noted the nods to the song Black Sabbath, Planet Caravan, The Wizard in that blues harp track, and of course the outro.

I'll give it a provisional 7/10 cans of banana milk.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

godofdeadlydeath wrote:
danox3 wrote:
james wrote:

So, it IS Death Magnetic.
but those cats that made death magnetic just aren't as charming
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

danox3 wrote:Tony had a better tone on heaven and Hell.
his tone is still better than just about everyone.
\m/Johnny\m/
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by \m/Johnny\m/ »

I don't mind it at all. "Loner" is my favorite after 2 listens to the whole thing. Shit's growing on me, dawgs.
elephants gerald wrote:
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Loner is a fucking standout isn't it!
\m/Johnny\m/
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by \m/Johnny\m/ »

It's a straight-up old school Sabbath jam... And there's not a goddamn thing wrong with that.
elephants gerald wrote:
\m/Johnny\m/
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by \m/Johnny\m/ »

Sorry haters...
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
this album rocks.
elephants gerald wrote:
godofdeadlydeath
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by godofdeadlydeath »

It definitely sounds like Black Sabbath recording an album in 2013. I have no complaints about that. :tup:
Stabbed in the eyes with a fucking caak...

https://soundcloud.com/mthomassteele
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

everything i have heard so far has been beyond any expectations i ever had.

the haters just want to hate because that's what the cool kids are doing.