black sabbath

Music posts are a bannable offense.
BUNGVOX

Re: black sabbath

Post by BUNGVOX »

\m/Johnny\m/ wrote: I agree with the fact that Dio had the much better pipes in the later years, but I'm far from being in the "fuck Ozzy" camp.
loved the stuff they did as heaven and hell.

i may be in the minority but i'll give the new sabbath a listen or two.
godofdeadlydeath
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by godofdeadlydeath »

I think the fact that they've been working in the studio can only help Ozzy's live voice. It seems like he performs better when his voice has been built up for a while, but when he does one-off performances he's prone to a lot of voice cracking. Here are some more favorites.

Stabbed in the eyes with a fucking caak...

https://soundcloud.com/mthomassteele
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

\m/Johnny\m/ wrote:
Zerohero wrote:
godofdeadlydeath wrote:I saw them in 2005. He wasn't as bad as that video, but his voice did crack from time to time. He was worse in 2004, honestly. He had a ton of health problems for both of those tours, and had to cancel a bunch of dates in 2004 where Halford fronted the band instead. Maiden were so much better than Sabbath in 2005, though.

When I saw Sabbath around that time, Ozzy's voice was fine and band delivered the goods. Can't say a negative thing about that show. And I seened the HEaven and Hell renamed Sabbath a couple times, and completely delivered.
same here... I agree with the fact that Dio had the much better pipes in the later years, but I'm far from being in the "fuck Ozzy" camp.
I think it's was pretty awesome to get to see both Ozzy Sabbath and an oz sab set, and Dio Sab and it's all Dio Sabbath sets so late in their careers.

A bonus perk not to be ignored about Heaven and Hell was getting to skip Iron Man, Paranoid and "Black Sabbath" from the setlist...saving that time for H&H or Mob Rules deep cutz.

I don't know if I'll go see Ozz Sabbath again-- but I sure as shoot will listen to any album flown under the Black Sabbath title... whether Rick Rubin is producing while rubbing his dick on a futon or not.
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
LordDarksoul wrote:Thanks for the concern, Fucktractor.
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

i don't care if he produces the fucking album while floating on a cloud. just so long as he listens and tells them when they're playing some garbage.
godofdeadlydeath

If the music on the Heaven & Hell studio album (plus the 3 bonus songs on the Dio Years comp) is any indication, Tony and Geezer can come up with good stuff. If Geezer is helping write the lyrics like he did in the old days, we hopefully won't get idiotic garbage like "Psycho Man" on this album.

Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

BUNGVOX wrote:i don't care if he produces the fucking album while floating on a cloud. just so long as he listens and tells them when they're playing some garbage.

I really think that IS the secret to his stellar production discography. He uses his fan's ear as a bullshit detector, when bands think every fart they commit to tape is divine.
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

i don't have high expectations for their new album, but i really hope tony can tap into his cancer experience/facing death and lay down some doomy as fuck riffs. some real old man metal. that'd be good enough for me
Raw Ting
ultimate EVIL

Post by Raw Ting »

i can't recall a single album- nah, a single song written by a band 40 years into their career that is worth listening to. i have a slight feeling that the sabs may have peaked already :shock:
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

I wanna talk a bit about the Never Say Die album... I think in someways it shows sabbath's natural abilities more than any other.. They made that album as a contract fulfillment thing when band was splitting up... writing any old crap on hankies and using it for lyrics, recording fast and loose just to phone it in... they were dopesick, and I believe had bad colds.

All that recipe for a lame junk album, but Sabbath are just so fucking strong that that album still is strong end to end.

Never Say Die is fascinating to me because of all that. When sabbath just jacks off all half assed, they couldn't help but still ruling the world.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Raw Ting wrote:i can't recall a single album- nah, a single song written by a band 40 years into their career that is worth listening to. i have a slight feeling that the sabs may have peaked already :shock:
i guarantee nothing on the new album is as bad as this

Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Spooky Apparition wrote:
Raw Ting wrote:i can't recall a single album- nah, a single song written by a band 40 years into their career that is worth listening to. i have a slight feeling that the sabs may have peaked already :shock:
i guarantee nothing on the new album is as bad as this

:fp:
Raw Ting
ultimate EVIL

Post by Raw Ting »

haha that is pretty rotten.

to be fair i love this song, but i don't really consider it sabbath

Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Trashed and all of Born Again is awesome... i was facepalmin the opinion not the track

It's an unusual sabbath album, but it's actually my favorite album. MAYBE it's not really sabbath, but I love what ever it is. Best vocal performance Ian Gillan did in his while career IMO. and I like the murky production.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

setting aside the rest of born again, trashed has bad sounding synths, no riffs whatsoever, embarrassing singing and fucking godawful lyrics

.... and i was 100% sure zero would dig it Image
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Spooky Apparition wrote:setting aside the rest of born again, trashed has bad sounding synths, no riffs whatsoever, embarrassing singing and fucking godawful lyrics

.... and i was 100% sure zero would dig it Image

its about driving drunk and lying to god... how much more awesome can it get?
godofdeadlydeath

"Trashed" rules. Fat, sweaty, drunk Gillan in the video is even better. Iommi's stories about the recording of Born Again in his autobiography are pretty hilarious. The book is not great, but if you're a Sabbath fan and like to hear a few anecdotes from all of their eras, I recommend it.

BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

Zerohero wrote:Trashed and all of Born Again is awesome... i was facepalmin the opinion not the track

It's an unusual sabbath album, but it's actually my favorite album. MAYBE it's not really sabbath, but I love what ever it is. Best vocal performance Ian Gillan did in his while career IMO. and I like the murky production.
i dig 'born again' i remember buying the cassette when i was 10 or so.

got that one and maiden's first album.

it was a good day.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

godofdeadlydeath wrote:"Trashed" rules. Fat, sweaty, drunk Gillan in the video is even better. Iommi's stories about the recording of Born Again in his autobiography are pretty hilarious. The book is not great, but if you're a Sabbath fan and like to hear a few anecdotes from all of their eras, I recommend it.
man I didn't even know he had an AUTOBIOG. Absolutely must acquire
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

BUNGVOX wrote:
Zerohero wrote:Trashed and all of Born Again is awesome... i was facepalmin the opinion not the track

i dig 'born again' i remember buying the cassette when i was 10 or so.

got that one and maiden's first album.

it was a good day.
I rode my bike a long way on a backwoods road to pick that up, and found a dead mutilated dog in a garbage bag on the way back.
EVIL
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

wait really???
valgalder
Wandering Johnny!

Post by valgalder »

not that i'm shocked but :drool:
Skyclun wrote: Explain to me how I'm dumb for not knowing how PayPal works.
doubleblumpkin
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by doubleblumpkin »

Dio involved =

Ozzy and Sharon involved =

SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Dad wrote:Pizza nigga
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Sharon pocketing the art budget...
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
and the drummer budget
doesn't mean the tunes won't be good.
doubleblumpkin
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by doubleblumpkin »

Zerohero wrote: doesn't mean the tunes won't be good.
Ozzy singing will ensure that they won't be good
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Dad wrote:Pizza nigga
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

That 13 art does suck... but The Devil you Know imagery was never an appropriate for Black Sabbath imo. Really cool graphics, but BS isn't Warhammer or a free-to-play online RPG.