Most Annoying Modern Vernacular

Music posts are a bannable offense.
User avatar
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______
Posts: 17844
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:15 pm
Location: Fart og

Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:48 pm

Haha, I've always kind of liked that one. Maybe I'm just a dad from the 70s.
MeatGrease wrote:I think New Jersey has permanently fucked up my DNA
User avatar
Eight Bit Alien
Freakin Insane & Stuff..
Posts: 2551
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:43 am

Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:58 pm

Jimm O' Lation wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:52 pm
clown world anything

if it were up to me, the internet would no longer exist
I'm slowly playing with the idea of the whole internet as BIG MISTAKE, I feel your disgust on at least some level.

The thing about shit like Clown World is that I legitimately think it's really funny. I fucking hate almost all culture endemic to online social groups at this point, any of the actual people who populate 4chan, Tumblr and Reddit are Prius food in my book. What gets me is that the shit-fruit they produce is often really fucking amusing. I spent a few hours the other night clicking through youtube and watching the derpy little retarded frog (helper) bounce through Clown World and I had myself a pretty good time. I don't know how that's going to resolve in my head, maybe I have to just start making my own memes on napkins and showing them to my family and the birds in my yard or something.

I'm trying to come up with some kinda solution that isn't "be Amish" because that shit never fucking works for anyone.
canon.docre wrote:I will not be seduced by the cheap showiness of nature.
FVBTVS wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:58 am
tried to make an ideal wife. she had a burn in the center of her forehead..
cxwx
New Member
Posts: 2051
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:17 pm
Location: There are no pockets in a shroud

Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:47 pm

Vocal fry
Apoplexy that fixes its own distortion
featherboa wrote: I got not-enough sleep last night because Crazy Town went late
Jimm O' Lation
Kill Whitey
Posts: 275
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:26 am

Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:52 am

Eight Bit Alien wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:58 pm
Jimm O' Lation wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:52 pm
clown world anything

if it were up to me, the internet would no longer exist
I'm slowly playing with the idea of the whole internet as BIG MISTAKE, I feel your disgust on at least some level.

The thing about shit like Clown World is that I legitimately think it's really funny. I fucking hate almost all culture endemic to online social groups at this point, any of the actual people who populate 4chan, Tumblr and Reddit are Prius food in my book. What gets me is that the shit-fruit they produce is often really fucking amusing. I spent a few hours the other night clicking through youtube and watching the derpy little retarded frog (helper) bounce through Clown World and I had myself a pretty good time. I don't know how that's going to resolve in my head, maybe I have to just start making my own memes on napkins and showing them to my family and the birds in my yard or something.

I'm trying to come up with some kinda solution that isn't "be Amish" because that shit never fucking works for anyone.

jeame you really are the best dude here for all time.i think I finally snapped and the niggardly nonsense between the left and right shot me up on to some pedestal of I just don't fucking care anymore.let's grab a bottle of something fine and laugh at retards.
User avatar
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe
Posts: 62018
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:42 am
Location: Feelin' fine.
Contact:

Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:55 pm

nobody:
me:
this meme format is utterly maddening to me - could've been OK but was instantly diluted/abused and its potential was destroyed

some of the ways this is used make me INSANE. girlfriend used to babysit a guy and his now-girlfriend is a self-proclaimed model - we'd spend time casually hating her instagram account because of its vapidity, and then she hit us with one of these : : captions below a pic of her in a "zany" outfit :evil:
Image
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
User avatar
Eight Bit Alien
Freakin Insane & Stuff..
Posts: 2551
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:43 am

Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:59 pm

Jimm O' Lation wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:52 am
jeame you really are the best dude here for all time.i think I finally snapped and the niggardly nonsense between the left and right shot me up on to some pedestal of I just don't fucking care anymore.let's grab a bottle of something fine and laugh at retards.
Thanks man! I'm pretty much on the same pedestal, I just don't know what to do about it. Lately it feels more like the little board from the end of Titanic. I would definitely go halfs on that bottle of something.
Necrometer wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:55 pm
nobody:
me:
this meme format is utterly maddening to me - could've been OK but was instantly diluted/abused and its potential was destroyed

some of the ways this is used make me INSANE. girlfriend used to babysit a guy and his now-girlfriend is a self-proclaimed model - we'd spend time casually hating her instagram account because of its vapidity, and then she hit us with one of these : : captions below a pic of her in a "zany" outfit :evil:
Yeah it works fine on its own, but I guess its too complicated for the facebook minion demo.
canon.docre wrote:I will not be seduced by the cheap showiness of nature.
FVBTVS wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:58 am
tried to make an ideal wife. she had a burn in the center of her forehead..
postaddiction
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Posts: 2482
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:12 pm

Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:09 am

Necrometer wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:55 pm
nobody:
me:
this meme format is utterly maddening to me - could've been OK but was instantly diluted/abused and its potential was destroyed

some of the ways this is used make me INSANE. girlfriend used to babysit a guy and his now-girlfriend is a self-proclaimed model - we'd spend time casually hating her instagram account because of its vapidity, and then she hit us with one of these : : captions below a pic of her in a "zany" outfit :evil:
I've seen this meme work in maybe 3 instances, the rest of the time I just want to email the poster a virus for wasting my attention. The worst is when it's "embellished" with a few more lines like
"absolutely nobody:
no one at all:
not a single soul:"
Doubling and tripling down on a joke where the punchline works just as good, if not better, without the set-up is grounds for a fucking BEATING.
User avatar
FVBTVS
Sweet Lord _______
Posts: 15156
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:14 pm

Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:46 am

x y z but go off
Chad wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 4:01 pm
cool dudes like us
User avatar
riley-o
beautiful distorted postblazing
Posts: 38699
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:05 pm
Location: Inside Crystal Mouvntain
Contact:

Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:48 am

“Slaps” to mean good music

This is the worst one in a long while
NO WUM CAM BEEP MAYYG BUX

HUG TERROR SQUAD FOREVER
User avatar
FVBTVS
Sweet Lord _______
Posts: 15156
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:14 pm

Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:18 pm

app instead of appetizer
Chad wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 4:01 pm
cool dudes like us
User avatar
riley-o
beautiful distorted postblazing
Posts: 38699
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:05 pm
Location: Inside Crystal Mouvntain
Contact:

Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:45 pm

“Stan”

I still don’t fully understand what it means
NO WUM CAM BEEP MAYYG BUX

HUG TERROR SQUAD FOREVER
User avatar
FVBTVS
Sweet Lord _______
Posts: 15156
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:14 pm

Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:12 pm

in my search for the meaning of "sksksksk" and "vsco" and "baddies" i unlocked the meaning of "stan" through a series of tubes

and i oop
Chad wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 4:01 pm
cool dudes like us
User avatar
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe
Posts: 62018
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:42 am
Location: Feelin' fine.
Contact:

Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:13 pm

it literally just means "fan"! I also hate it so much - it's just slang for its own sake, adding nothing. I think MAYBE it initially referenced an obsessive fan (origin is eminem song), but people don't seem to use it that way with any regularity...

it's also a verb, like "to adore"
Image
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
User avatar
riley-o
beautiful distorted postblazing
Posts: 38699
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:05 pm
Location: Inside Crystal Mouvntain
Contact:

Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:22 pm

Good thing I'll be dead soon
NO WUM CAM BEEP MAYYG BUX

HUG TERROR SQUAD FOREVER
featherboa
Olde Timer
Posts: 5728
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:17 pm

Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:43 pm

FVBTVS wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:12 pm
in my search for the meaning of "sksksksk" and "vsco" and "baddies" i unlocked the meaning of "stan" through a series of tubes

and i oop
sksksks is ASMR no?

"some eminem song" entitle "Stan"
let's overturn these tables disconnect these cables
This place don't make sense to me no more
copstache wrote: i cut my hand at work and just let it drip on my desk during a conference call
FVBTVS wrote:probably some punk broth
dames are lousy now mah i gotta bop peckahs
featherboa
Olde Timer
Posts: 5728
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:17 pm

Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:46 pm

you don't slap like on bass guy's videos?
let's overturn these tables disconnect these cables
This place don't make sense to me no more
copstache wrote: i cut my hand at work and just let it drip on my desk during a conference call
FVBTVS wrote:probably some punk broth
dames are lousy now mah i gotta bop peckahs
User avatar
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe
Posts: 62018
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:42 am
Location: Feelin' fine.
Contact:

Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:05 pm

that's a different slap

I like that guy fwiw
Image
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Jimm O' Lation
Kill Whitey
Posts: 275
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:26 am

Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:35 am

I hope that guy gets slapped like a bass
featherboa
Olde Timer
Posts: 5728
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:17 pm

Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:05 pm

the
nobody:
me: yadda yadda

format should really be

everybody:
me: yadda yadda

IMHO
let's overturn these tables disconnect these cables
This place don't make sense to me no more
copstache wrote: i cut my hand at work and just let it drip on my desk during a conference call
FVBTVS wrote:probably some punk broth
dames are lousy now mah i gotta bop peckahs
cxwx
New Member
Posts: 2051
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:17 pm
Location: There are no pockets in a shroud

Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:57 pm

Savage
Apoplexy that fixes its own distortion
featherboa wrote: I got not-enough sleep last night because Crazy Town went late
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Posts: 9539
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:33 am
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:03 am

riley-o wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:48 am
“Slaps” to mean good music

This is the worst one in a long while
I just ran into this. Terrible!
User avatar
Iron Goldie
Giant Eyeball of Death.
Posts: 3893
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:25 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:33 pm

I ran into "eboys" and "egirls" recently. Apparently it's used to describe a certain type of zoomer who uses TikTok and all that shit. they're usually "alternative" and have social media presence, or whatever? I don't even know man.

Fucking gen z.
Image
User avatar
FVBTVS
Sweet Lord _______
Posts: 15156
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:14 pm

Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:57 pm

A boy who has black painted nails, skates, wears black clothes and chains and beanies, and they sometimes have their hair parted down the middle, and their usually rlly pale. They got striped Longsleeves or checkered sweaters under their T-shirt’s. They listen to music you “probably haven’t heard of” AKA lil peep. They complain about not having a gorh gf and seem to only exist on the internet (mostly Instagram and tik tok nowadays). In their room u will find LED strip lights hanging above their bed, and holes in their walls. Vans, thrasher, zumiez, and hot topic r their lord and saviour. Basically goth but they don’t get made fun of as much as someone who calls themself goth since their seen as cute by girls nowadays. They also think their a poet and express their weird opinions on Twitter. Basically the boy version of the “I’m not like other girls saying”.
In conclusion, eboys r the new and improved goth cult that only live on the internet. If u happen to see one in person, consider urself lucky cuz that’s close to impossible.

Have a good day now, my doods :)
No one: I-
Random eboy: i LiSteN tO lIl pEeP, hAve a TiktOk, aNd wEaR vAns. iM wEird. iM a WeIrdo. I DonT fIt iN. I DonT wAnt To fIt iN.
:warrior:
Chad wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 4:01 pm
cool dudes like us
User avatar
Iron Goldie
Giant Eyeball of Death.
Posts: 3893
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:25 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:00 pm

I want to die, thanks.
Image
featherboa
Olde Timer
Posts: 5728
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:17 pm

Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:08 pm

see, how could "No one" be trying to speak?
let's overturn these tables disconnect these cables
This place don't make sense to me no more
copstache wrote: i cut my hand at work and just let it drip on my desk during a conference call
FVBTVS wrote:probably some punk broth
dames are lousy now mah i gotta bop peckahs
Post Reply