the NOT WORTH ITS OWN THREAD thread could be revived

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Toilet Fleet
Mac N Cheese ONLY.

Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:53 pm

I'm being flown out for a third interview with an unspecified company at an unspecified location in an unspecified industry that may or may not have to do with The Accursed Devil's Weed

So that could be fun
zombiehead
Patient Zero

Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:38 pm

Necrophilic Mallard
Olde Timer

Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:29 pm

zombiehead wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:38 pm
Best video game ad ever.
Fact #7
From an empirical viewpoint, the problem with Free Will (and causality) is reconciling determinism and freedom to make sense of morality.
cxwx
I like to smell things.

Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:36 pm

zombiehead wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 10:10 pm
I did a YouTube search for taco John's for whatever reason and this showed up. I don't think Im going to sleep well now. Every video starts off with a really long creepy ass smile too.. ugh. I think she's a feeder.

I would say he is a really lucky slob but after watching a bunch of these videos I’m convinced that she is deranged and he is being held hostage. I think she’s fattening him up (more so) so she can kill him and eat his flesh.
featherboa wrote: I got not-enough sleep last night because Crazy Town went late;
featherboa wrote: I joke around a lot by saying stupid stuff (even stupider than what I really think)
Eight Bit Alien
Better at internetting than you.

Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:14 pm

RICH EVANS RULES
canon.docre wrote:I will not be seduced by the cheap showiness of nature.
FVBTVS wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:58 am
tried to make an ideal wife. she had a burn in the center of her forehead..
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:53 pm

you guys ever think extreme/underground music and its zillion genres might have rendered us somewhat immune to the freakout over the zillion gender/orientation/relationship classifications now running rampant in progressive sexual thinking/culture? like, some people go FUCKING NUTS over these classifications, which seems so odd? maybe it's just an open-mindedness thing... i guess conservative music is conservatively classified. like there's just "country" and "pop country"?

or maybe music can learn something from sexuality's term explosion: can a band be cis-genre or trans-genre? I'll show myself out...
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Toilet Fleet
Mac N Cheese ONLY.

Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:56 pm

Isn't it just the case that the descriptive elements of conservatism need to be effectively binary for the prescriptive elements of conservatism to function? In- and out-grouping, etc.
cxwx
I like to smell things.

Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:05 pm

Necrometer wrote:
you guys ever think extreme/underground music and its zillion genres might have rendered us somewhat immune to the freakout over the zillion gender/orientation/relationship classifications now running rampant in progressive sexual thinking/culture? like, some people go FUCKING NUTS over these classifications, which seems so odd? maybe it's just an open-mindedness thing... i guess conservative music is conservatively classified. like there's just "country" and "pop country"?

or maybe music can learn something from sexuality's term explosion: can a band be cis-genre or trans-genre? I'll show myself out...
I had a co worker that was specific that “western” music is not the same as “country” music he was about 15 years older than me. His definition was that western is downbeat and droning and country is upbeat and for dancing.
featherboa wrote: I got not-enough sleep last night because Crazy Town went late;
featherboa wrote: I joke around a lot by saying stupid stuff (even stupider than what I really think)
zombiehead
Patient Zero

Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:34 pm

FVBTVS
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:42 pm

Necrometer wrote:

yeah

Chad wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 4:01 pm
cool dudes like us
zombiehead
Patient Zero

Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:47 pm

cxwx wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:36 pm
zombiehead wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 10:10 pm
I did a YouTube search for taco John's for whatever reason and this showed up. I don't think Im going to sleep well now. Every video starts off with a really long creepy ass smile too.. ugh. I think she's a feeder.

I would say he is a really lucky slob but after watching a bunch of these videos I’m convinced that she is deranged and he is being held hostage. I think she’s fattening him up (more so) so she can kill him and eat his flesh.
I can't stop watching these videos. I didn't know the context of this one before watching and it made it even better.

Eight Bit Alien

Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:44 pm

Necrometer wrote:

There's a lot to unpack here, but just starting from the absolute top... are metal people more accepting of contemporary, complex gender and sex taxonomies than the super-culture?

Or are you talking about this forum specifically?

In either case, I'm not sure that they are.
FVBTVS wrote:
Necrometer

Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:43 pm

I was thinking more the latter than the former, and am totally open to shenanigans being formally declared

and TF - oh hell yes
FVBTVS
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:47 pm

Chad wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 4:01 pm
cool dudes like us
Toilet Fleet
Mac N Cheese ONLY.

Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:21 pm

Toilet Fleet wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:53 pm
I'm being flown out for a third interview with an unspecified company at an unspecified location in an unspecified industry that may or may not have to do with The Accursed Devil's Weed

So that could be fun
Starting this gig on July 15; will relocate full-time to the Coachella Valley next summer.
Necrometer

Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:08 pm

congrats!!!

here's another high-school mind-blown level thought for you, TF

I think we all realize that Corporate Weed is inevitable. will the Evil Weed Scientists be able to distort weed into something truly fucked up like they did with the classic tobacco cigarette?
Toilet Fleet
Mac N Cheese ONLY.

Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:41 pm

Eh, I have few thoughts on futurecasting legal recreational cannabis, none of which are novel. I will say that the marijuana landscape is, even with all the M&A that's been going on of late, way too fractured and way too regulated to see any sort of consolidated corporate hegemonic ldj;lajker;lakejr in the short-to-medium term. In California, anyhow. A fun wrinkle: there's all sorts of regulations on cultivation, manufacture, distribution, and retail—but there's nothing that indicates how you get the original plant legally. Very unmoved mover type waiz.
Necrometer

Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:53 pm

right - I'm curious about beyond-medium term, when the entire supply chain is legitimized and Big Weed is firing on all cylinders... what does weaponized weed look like? nicotine is obviously one of the most chemically addictive things out there, so that industry had a leg up, but at the same time one might think that the baseline addicitiveness of the product would suggest LESS need for refinement. yet they still ran wild with it. so where's weed headed, maaaaaaaan?
Eight Bit Alien

Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:36 pm

if you ever have the opportunity to name any weed strain, ever, and DON'T name it something Robert themed, you have abandoned your responsibilities. I'll always love you unconditionally but just saying.
FVBTVS wrote:
Eight Bit Alien

Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:38 pm

They should do some kinda goddamn thing to inject danger back into weed. All kids do now is try dabs and fall down because it's too much.
When I was a kid it was possible to imagine that weed was evil. That's fucking cool. Now smoking weed probably helps with your problems and makes Danzig LESS cool, which is a shame.
FVBTVS wrote:
Necrometer

Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:55 pm

Eight Bit Alien wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:38 pm
When I was a kid it was possible to imagine that weed was evil.
:lol: that's just because DARE was working their asses off to keep a kid off drugs. we might have to let that one go.

100% in favor of robert being immortalized via weed though
copstache
Total Recluse

Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:18 pm

i'm still disappointed that weed doesn't summon the literal christian devil

i was promised more goddammit
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
zombiehead
Patient Zero

Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:34 pm

He can't bend down
Seeing full body shots of these two melts my brain.

:yerma:

Toilet Fleet
Mac N Cheese ONLY.

Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:27 am

Necrometer wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:53 pm
right - I'm curious about beyond-medium term, when the entire supply chain is legitimized and Big Weed is firing on all cylinders... what does weaponized weed look like? nicotine is obviously one of the most chemically addictive things out there, so that industry had a leg up, but at the same time one might think that the baseline addicitiveness of the product would suggest LESS need for refinement. yet they still ran wild with it. so where's weed headed, maaaaaaaan?
I think just on a market and end-user standpoint, the more apt comparison is to alcohol and not tobacco? So that changes the calculus greatly imho. The alcohol industry has shown that you can have an effectively unadulterated product that isn't per se going to kill you and has myriad sub-markets that don't really cannibalize each other. I guess a pending question is whether cannabis synthesizes with that larger intoxicant market or remains an external competitor—but consider, like, wine bars versus brewpubs. The end-user market—your restaurateurs, entertainment and hospitality companies, etc.—will inevitably embrace cannabis as just another capitalizable market segment.

I dread when cannabis enters the Lime-a-rita/Smirnoff Ice phase of its existence, though.
Eight Bit Alien

Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:31 am

Are Kottonmouth Kingz gonna be your new boss??
FVBTVS wrote: