HANNIBAL on NBC

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Re: HANNIBAL on NBC

Post by Wang Mandu »

Not sure. The rights to the character Clarice Starling are separate from the Hannibal books. They mentioned that they asked every year to buy or license the rights but the company kept denying them.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
How Are Mortiis Goatse?!
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by How Are Mortiis Goatse?! »

According to Fuller season 4 would have continued exploring the Will/Hannibal relationship and expanded upon the brief information given in the novels about Wills downfall and descent into alcoholism, and wanted season 5 to go into Silence of the Lambs, but MGM owns the rights to the SotL story and the characters introduced in that book/film (Clarice, Buffalo Bill, Barney, etc) and won't let the show use them. In an early interview he talked about 7 seasons where 6 would be covering the Hannibal novel and 7 would be original material, but considering most of the Hannibal stuff was used in the first half of season 3 and the rights issue who knows what it would actually have looked like if it weren't cancelled.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I think the last version of his plan before the cancellation was four seasons, and the Italy stuff now ended up in season 3 because they knew they were cancelled. He basically put together the entire third season on the assumption that there wouldn't be a fourth, so I guess it's not all that bad.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
How Are Mortiis Goatse?!
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by How Are Mortiis Goatse?! »

I'm fine with this show ending now. It goes full circle since the first episode of season one starts with the Dolarhyde dry run and the last season ends with the Red Dragon storyline. It's a solid fucking show with very few filler moments. I don't think I've seen a show be able to continually subvert expectations while simultaneously feeling 100% faithful to the source material. It evolves from CSI-esque police procedural into European art house thriller shot in gorgeous 2:35 black and white and feels totally right. Hannibal is definitely the best argument that so-called progressive casting can work great (Jack Crawford, Freddie Lounds, Alan/a Bloom, Reba). Hannibalisms are way more insightful and fun to listen to than Pizzolattoisms.

Since it's cancelled now it'll get a few years to gain more cult classic status (If whatever Star Wars movie Mikkelsen is cast in is well received and his character is considered awesome by the fans, it will retroactively increase the value of everything he has previously been in), there will be enough demand for a revival that they can throw enough money behind it to get the SOTL-rights, the cast will be older like they're supposed to be and it'll be all good.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

That song at the end... and the ending itself had a strange 70's-80's Euro horror vibe to it. Wonder if things were reshot/edited because it was cancelled, or that's how it was going to be. Still, I'm calling this the best show of the 2014-2015 TV season. Here's hoping Fargo or Evil Dead can fill its shoes for next season.
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

ehh...
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Fucking glorious is what that was.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

NO
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Eight Bit Alien
HATE RIDING BIKE...PULL ME.

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

HAHAHHAHAHAHA
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
Eight Bit Alien
HATE RIDING BIKE...PULL ME.

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

Oh man I can't do that
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
godofdeadlydeath
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by godofdeadlydeath »

Watched all 3 seasons of Hannibal back in the early pandemic days on Netflix. It was fucking great. Season 3 was a mess but a fun mess. Perfect ending.
Stabbed in the eyes with a fucking caak...

https://soundcloud.com/mthomassteele
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

FVBTVS wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:36 pm

NO
I’ll give it a try, for no other reason than I have a woeful amount of new shows I actually watch.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

So Hannibal won’t and legally can’t be in this series. :fp: