HANNIBAL on NBC

Music posts are a bannable offense.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Re: HANNIBAL on NBC

Post by spacehamster »

The Bill wrote: Sister does a shower scene in Freddy vs. Jason BUT I have a faded memory that says it was a body double for the boobs part. She also starred in a werewolf trilogy called Ginger Snaps if you need more of her.
Yeah, her IMDB.com resume pretty much looks like she's an old-fashioned scream queen who's in nothing but horror movies. Figures she would've had her bewbz out at least once or twice.

I don't know how this show surivives on NBC either. I thought the opening scene of this season was bad, but Verger feeding his own face to the dogs this episode was fffffffff...
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

spacehamster wrote:
The Bill wrote: Sister does a shower scene in Freddy vs. Jason BUT I have a faded memory that says it was a body double for the boobs part. She also starred in a werewolf trilogy called Ginger Snaps if you need more of her.
Yeah, her IMDB.com resume pretty much looks like she's an old-fashioned scream queen who's in nothing but horror movies. Figures she would've had her bewbz out at least once or twice.

I don't know how this show surivives on NBC either. I thought the opening scene of this season was bad, but Verger feeding his own face to the dogs this episode was fffffffff...
That earlier episode where the guy tears his skin off getting un-glued from "the eye" was something out of an unrated version of a horror film when I was growing up. Now it's on broadcast television.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

shit, all of this gruesome stuff is making me wish I would have watched this from the beginning :? and it's not on netflix or anything. double :?
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

The Bill wrote:
That earlier episode where the guy tears his skin off getting un-glued from "the eye" was something out of an unrated version of a horror film when I was growing up. Now it's on broadcast television.
That's the season opener I was talking about, at least I thought that was the first episode. It's not even how gory it is, it's the context and the way the entire scene. The way the guy wakes up and slowly realizes what's happened to him - fucking nightmare stuff.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

"I'm full of myself."

:lol: :tup:

Michael Pitt needs more work. Hallucination scene was amazing.
Spooky Apparition wrote:shit, all of this gruesome stuff is making me wish I would have watched this from the beginning :? and it's not on netflix or anything. double :?
Do you have Amazon Prime? It's free if you do or $20.99 for the full season. The Season 1 Blu-Ray is less than $20.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

How Are Mortiis Goatse?!
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by How Are Mortiis Goatse?! »

Face feeding scene was fucking gnarly, I've seen plenty of extreme horror and exploitation cinema without flinching. The same goes for all sorts of gory internet shock videos as well as IRL gore while working at a hospital, but I had to actually reach out with my palm and cover part of my field of vision during that scene, which I can't remember ever having to do.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

It was like the ultimate "guy chews with his mouth open" scene.

Heehee.
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

well fucking HARDY-HAR-HAR.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Meh. Kind of a disappointing ending. Resolves almost nothing and ends on a wtf moment seemingly just for the purpose of ending on a wtf moment.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

thought that ending was amazing actually. redeemed a good deal imho :tup:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

I liked.it too and really want to watch it again. The music really made the scenes for me.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

FVBTVS wrote:redeemed a good deal imho :tup:
Like what?

Or maybe you guys can answer my biggest question about this episode - why is Abigail there? The only explanation, obviously, is that Hannibal has been brainwashing her the whole time, but why would he do that? The only reason for her being there seems to be that Will has to experience not being able to protect her again, just before he himself dies, but that's just what the writers wanted, Hannibal couldn't have planned that. It just doesn't make any sense to me. Unless you somehow believe that Hannibal knew everything that was going to happen because omg, he's so smart, but that's ridiculous.
thez
Morbid Florist

Post by thez »

Originally Abigail was supposed to be Will's prize for killing Jack Crawford. Crackpot psychologist would probably say Hannibal would try to associate Will's killing of Jack with the great feeling of seeing Abigail, and so erase any possible guilt that may come up. After all, killing Jack would have been different from killing the other two - one was self-defense, the other was self-preservation/hate.

When Hannibal realises that Will has/is going to Betray him, he decides to still bring Abigail into the story and kill her in front of Will to inflict as much psychological pain as possible on him.

Having kept Abigail around but faked her death makes sense as well. You get the feeling all through out the show that Hannibal wants to have a protégé (or two?), and Abigail being younger and thus more pliable was also already well on her way to becoming a killer herself. Having her thought dead insures that she is kept under Hannibal's wing.

What I didn't get is why does Will, who at that point should be a focused "undercover" agent taking down a suspect, not shoot Hannibal in his kitchen when he has the chance?
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

spacehamster wrote:
FVBTVS wrote:redeemed a good deal imho :tup:
Like what?
the entire first season.
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

thez wrote:Originally Abigail was supposed to be Will's prize for killing Jack Crawford. Crackpot psychologist would probably say Hannibal would try to associate Will's killing of Jack with the great feeling of seeing Abigail, and so erase any possible guilt that may come up. After all, killing Jack would have been different from killing the other two - one was self-defense, the other was self-preservation/hate.
I guess that makes sense as an interpretation, but anything that requires the audience to come up with an interpretation like this that basically could have filled an entire episode just isn't good writing to me. Too many blanks to fill in, even if you can make it add up to something that makes sense in the end.

It also bugs me how the Verger storyline ended up not going anywhere but giving Verger the chewed-off face. It was a huge plotline this episode, and then it just sort of abruptly ends before the season's over, turning out to have been nothing more than an "origin story" for a major character. Course I'm mostly just disappointed because it was so good while it lasted.

As I'm typing this up, I'm also kind of realizing that most of this stuff just bugs me because I'm holding the show to a higher standard now that it's managed to be more than "Mads Mikkelsen and some cool set designs", the TV series.
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

as a member of THE I DON'T WATCH TELEVISION BRIGADE or I.D.W.T.B. or IxDxWxTxB it is my duty to inform and remind you that i don't watch television :awesome:
CROSTY
Better at internetting than you.

Post by CROSTY »

Spooky Apparition wrote:shit, all of this gruesome stuff is making me wish I would have watched this from the beginning :? and it's not on netflix or anything. double :?
Showbox
elephants gerald
One Of Many Accounts

Post by elephants gerald »

not quite done with the second season, so I'm not going to read any of this thread yet, but I just have to say that michael pitt is fucking awful on this show. totally tonedeaf, goofy performance
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

crushes
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

oh shit i forgot! :twisted:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Episode 1 is basically a completely plotless collage of Hannibal eating people and Scully whispering.

I'm not sure if that makes it the greatest episode in the history of the show or if that means it's jumped the shark.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Haha I loved it. "Are you observing or participating?" But that is not the kind of episode to attract new viewers.
TheMooretician
The Forsaken Mourning of Angelic Anguish

Post by TheMooretician »

Fuck yeah, I dug it too. Not sure how I feel about Hannibal in his weird Prurient-guy mode but I loved the odd pace and all the dreamlike weirdness. Show rules. Bring on Dollarhyde NOW
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Yeah, I'm not saying I didn't like it or anything, it just really felt like they... went all in, basically. Also, it's not like I miss the cop show crap. I hope there's as little as possible of that this time.