PHANTASM V: RAVAGER WILL EXIST SOON

Music posts are a bannable offense.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

PHANTASM V: RAVAGER WILL EXIST SOON

Post by james »

http://www.examiner.com/article/phantas ... -announced
'Phantasm' fanatics rejoice; Ain't It Cool News reported on March 25, 2014 that a fifth sequel in the franchise is coming soon.

Apparently the movie has already been shot, and is titled 'Phantasm V: Ravager.' Official release details will arrive later this week. We've posted the new movie poster for this article.

A few things we do know; series regulars Reggie Banister, Kat Lester and the seemingly immortal Angus Scrimm (aka 'The Tall Man') are all set to return. And original 'Phantasm' director/writer Don Coscarelli, will be producing this time around. David Hartman will be directing.

Coscarelli shot down rumors of a fifth sequel in an 2012 interview with Bloody Disgusting, so no telling how long (or little) this project has been in the pipeline.

The original 'Phantasm' was released in 1979. It was an odd fever dream of a horror movie that was often awkward in its execution, but all added to its wonky charm. No sequel has seemed to tap into that zeitgeist quite so effectively, but here's hoping that the fifth entry in the series will entertain on its own merits.

Image Image Image
Last edited by james on Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Re: PHANTASM V: RAVAGER WILL EXIST SOON

Post by FVBTVS »

haven't seen anything after part 2 and i didn't have pubic hair the last time i saw either one or two. my memories of both are almost like a dream and i'd like to see them again sometimes but i almost don't want to ruin it..

same with hellraiser almost. i haven't seen 1 or 2 since childhood but ive seen the shitty ones a bunch though and its a total shame those movies cant be done properly
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
MORE THREADS
Last edited by FVBTVS on Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

finally……i'm stoked about a movie coming out.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

FVBTVS wrote:haven't seen anything after part 2 and i didn't have pubic hair the last time i saw either one or two. my memories of both are almost like a dream and i'd like to see them again sometimes but i almost don't want to ruin it..

same with hellraiser almost. i haven't seen 1 or 2 since childhood but ive seen the shitty ones a bunch though and its a total shame those movies cant be done properly
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
MORE THREADS

http://reeelapse.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=21713 <-homework 4 u
blastocystosis
O.G. Interwebber

Post by blastocystosis »

I was excited about it until news leaked out that's most likely a microbudget film and wasn't written/directed by Don Coscarelli. I'll still see it, but my expectations are significantly lower.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

blastocystosis wrote:I was excited about it until news leaked out that's most likely a microbudget film and wasn't written/directed by Don Coscarelli. I'll still see it, but my expectations are significantly lower.

All I need is just one last, tiny chapter. The 4th one is a pretty bizarre and humble little thing and I absolutely love it. DonCosc is producing it at the least so I don't think it's going to be off-model or anything (JUST JAMESPECULATION).

We will never get the big post-apocalyptic finale, I accepted that years ago - but 4 can't be the end. We need to get Angus on film stat.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

james wrote:
FVBTVS wrote:haven't seen anything after part 2 and i didn't have pubic hair the last time i saw either one or two. my memories of both are almost like a dream and i'd like to see them again sometimes but i almost don't want to ruin it..

SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
MORE THREADS

http://reeelapse.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=21713 <-homework 4 u
:fonz: thanks jame, i think i'm definitely going to read this even though it looks like theres a lot of mantis/mithrandir in there and i only have so much life left in me..

i'm going to watch these again too. seems like it's about time..
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

I was wrong about my dumb reading of the first movie but right about the others. If you do rewatch the original (and continue to give a shit afterward) hit me up. I'll tell you what happens, because I finally figured it out,

and got to the bottom of that shit even though it took all night ARF
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

I'm not into horror films anymore, but this film I'll skip work to see.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

fuuuuuuuuuck

i really hope this happens. count me in with jame/mantis levels of phantasm hype.

there's something magical about the way the sequels walk the line that divides profound and profoundly retarded, and are better than if they fell to either side. their "post apocalypse" which is just pretty much dudes in cutoff jeans and spike bracelets wandering around in the suburbs. the weird reused footage vision quest of 4. their willingness to retcon the previous movies at will and find some kind of bizarre loophole that makes it all make sense.

seriously, best series. literally nothing like it has ever or probably will ever exist again. finish out the story while you can still grab the same actors because that is also one of the weirdest most awesome things about them.
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
Cascade Whore
Sir Posts-A-Lot
Location: A sterilized but unpressed gift from a nose-holding charity which passes out clothing to slum drunks

Post by Cascade Whore »

copstache wrote:fuuuuuuuuuck

i really hope this happens. count me in with jame/mantis levels of phantasm hype.

there's something magical about the way the sequels walk the line that divides profound and profoundly retarded, and are better than if they fell to either side. their "post apocalypse" which is just pretty much dudes in cutoff jeans and spike bracelets wandering around in the suburbs. the weird reused footage vision quest of 4. their willingness to retcon the previous movies at will and find some kind of bizarre loophole that makes it all make sense.

seriously, best series. literally nothing like it has ever or probably will ever exist again. finish out the story while you can still grab the same actors because that is also one of the weirdest most awesome things about them.
The only good thing about 4 was the previously unreleased footage from the original...I'm pretty much with the consensus on the first 2 where great (I know the phantasm purists like to shit on part 2 also for being an action/horror movie but it was done fucking right)...the rest are pretty much shit.....an ancient Scrimm could possibly make the Tall man creepier.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
brains in balls N balls in tits
Wank night's cancelled
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

I think 4 is my favorite. It was actually only supposed to serve as a lead-in to a BIG phantasm film, headed by Roger Avary. I think that although the film is wandering and strange, the ending is absolutely magical.

I wonder about the plot of these movies quite a bit - when I was younger, I simply thought that they were supposed to 'be dreamlike' in a poorly-executed but still evocative way, like they were sort of supposed to be surreal with a capital S and not just 'strange'. It wasn't supposed to matter that plot points contradicted one another and there wasn't supposed to be any sensible narrative at all.

The original movie though, I've come to realize - plot spoilers
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
The entire fantasy element of the movie is completely made up. The ending that seems to abruptly discard character deaths and most of the movie's story - that is meant to be viewed as the straight-on, true version of events. Mike's entire family is dead all along; everything you see is a fantasy that he invents in the wake of the loss. The funeral aliens are just like some weird little-kid mythology about where mom, dad and Jody might have gone, and an imaginary funeral-god figure who could be responsible for it.

"The delusion of a disordered mind - "

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3EA05pcefg<

"It's only a dream!"
"No, it's not!"

The plot of the 2nd and 3rd films obviously diverge from this but then you have the ending of the last movie, which returns to recycle scenes from the original story - if I remember correctly, Mike is lying in the desert dying, and we go into his eye/mind to find the two 'real' characters of the 79 movie driving around eternally in an ice cream truck... if the Tall Man and the funeral aliens are real, that's almost like a vision of a Valhalla-limbo for the two dudes who tried to stop him... but I'm still not sure if it isn't simply the death of the dream itself, so that we wind up returning to reality.

I can't remember the exact wording of the final lines of dialogue but I'm pretty sure Mike asks Reggie if he heard an odd sound, to which Reggie replies 'Oh that was just the wind...' or something like that.
Whee of the Dead
I hate my life.

Post by Whee of the Dead »

I used to love these movies but as I've grown all of the sequels have left me cold. Still have an appreciation for the original though, mostly survives with it's weird-o 70's drive in movie vibe.

James: your input on the series is very interesting! My friend Josh and I used to come up with lots of weird Phantasm theories in high school but I guess we just stopped when we unanimously decided that it was a bunch of bull and was just made up as it went along. Your take on the original one is something we juggled around a lot.

I watched the second one for the first time in forever this past summer and found it very poor outside the cool Mark Shostrom effects. Maybe I'll do 4 again in preparation for this one.
cranial separation

SEX WITH HER SEVERED HEAD
blastocystosis
O.G. Interwebber

Post by blastocystosis »

It's what I expected it to be, a CGI, green screen microbudget film. But I don't even care. I'm so on board for this.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/03/27/p ... exclusive/
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

just finished part 1. really truly loved it. :fonz:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1wOobOGa4w<

That's a pretty big ball.
Mooretician
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Mooretician »

That looks fucking RAD :tup: :tup: :tup:
copstache wrote:on a positive note, i hope if i get old and encrippled my nurses come and put on Judeobeast Assassin and watch my horrible atrophied limbs twitch in some mess of neurons flickering and dying
Whee of the Dead
I hate my life.

Post by Whee of the Dead »

Looks like the Land of the Dead of the Phantasm movies.

Fuck it. Will watch.
cranial separation

SEX WITH HER SEVERED HEAD
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
92753Y2905723908527905827390578932752893572930587235908273590237509257

RY4N
Unquestionable Presence

Post by RY4N »

:drooly: :drooly: :awesome: :awesome: :pizza: :awesome: :drooly: :awesome: :pizza:
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

james wrote:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
92753Y2905723908527905827390578932752893572930587235908273590237509257

Blair
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Blair »

:invcross:
Zerohero wrote:shooting cum on that hot chick that is my altar.
doubleblumpkin wrote:Guess who's riding a pig through the jungle 8)
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

i'm stoked.
Honky Kong 64
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by Honky Kong 64 »

james wrote:
james wrote:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW