Redskins’ Kike Owner Refuses To Change Team’s Offensive Name

Music posts are a bannable offense.
elephants gerald
One Of Many Accounts

Re: Redskins’ Kike Owner Refuses To Change Team’s Offensive

Post by elephants gerald »

Zerohero wrote:
Necrometer wrote:I already knew the backstory about ol' Pedro

you have to be kidding if you think any of that other shit is remotely convincing when it comes to justifying that racist cartoon

Well throw all your heavy metal albums in the trash sir, because I'm quite certain there's old ladies in nebraska that ain't down with all that death metal and anti jesus shit.

That logo is no more harmful than your average devil rock band. Its a smiley face.

All the young hip people joining this riddiculous campaign = PMRC housewives stirred up by a Geraldo 20/20 and tipper gore.

how do you operationally define racist?
what the fuck are you talking about?
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

elephants gerald wrote:
Zerohero wrote:
Necrometer wrote:I already knew the backstory about ol' Pedro

you have to be kidding if you think any of that other shit is remotely convincing when it comes to justifying that racist cartoon

Well throw all your heavy metal albums in the trash sir, because I'm quite certain there's old ladies in nebraska that ain't down with all that death metal and anti jesus shit.

That logo is no more harmful than your average devil rock band. Its a smiley face.

All the young hip people joining this riddiculous campaign = PMRC housewives stirred up by a Geraldo 20/20 and tipper gore.

how do you operationally define racist?
what the fuck are you talking about?

running around wanting to ban everything because someone is "offended" by something.

is this concept over everyone's heads?
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
LordDarksoul wrote:Thanks for the concern, Fucktractor.
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

Zerohero wrote:how do you operationally define racist?
prejudice+power
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

this is pretty good

spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Zerohero wrote:His boss even called the show telling what a nice and kind soul Pedro was.
Well, yeah, he's obviously a naive dumbshit, so it's not surprising he comes across as a "nice and kind soul". And what exactly is your point here, if a naive dumbshit called Pedro wears a racist costume, it automatically becomes okay for everyone with half a brain to do it too? If I get a kid with Downs to say nigger, does that mean I get a lifetime free pass on saying it too? Or only if the tard's name is Pedro?

chinamen.
:lol:

storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

I maybe pushing some peoples buttons here, but its amazing to me to see the hypocrisy from a bunch of metalheads OH so concerned for some (Not all) people offended by a name or logo, in a scene of music full of images and lyrics designed with the intent TO offend organized religion (as well as other NON PC stuff like your brutal deathmetal chainsaws and hooks through clits and pigs raping chicks in high heels.)

There's people that LOVE or HATE (and a whole lot more indifferent) these names and logos, and there's people that love and hate Cannibal Corpse covers and lyrics...or music.

I can respect that a name or smiling face offends you, or someone else. I can get it...it's a matter of perception. Maybe I grew up looking at that logo standing at bat mounted on the top of the stadium and felt excitement of going to a live game--so I'm biased one way. Maybe some native girl got made fun of in school for her schnoz and really loathes that logo because of the cartoon nose. and 1000 other places people come from to form these opinions.

but you and every one else can fuck right off when you turn into the mind police censor board.

Don't buy an Indians cap, and don't go to Redskins games. And shut the fuck up.
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
elephants gerald
One Of Many Accounts

Post by elephants gerald »

do you really think that it's reasonable to compare intentionally shocking gore/anti-christian death metal imagery to a fucking racist sports logo?
Cascade Whore
Sir Posts-A-Lot
Location: A sterilized but unpressed gift from a nose-holding charity which passes out clothing to slum drunks

Post by Cascade Whore »

I'm sobered up now but still want to tit fuck that Lebanese Christian cunt from the heritage foundations huge fun bags while I fart in her mouth and yell Allah Akbar
Wank night's cancelled
Natas
Never, ever change, like those shitty bands!

Post by Natas »

elephants gerald wrote:do you really think that it's reasonable to compare intentionally shocking gore/anti-christian death metal imagery to a fucking racist sports logo?
yup.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

Zerohero wrote:I maybe pushing some peoples buttons here, but its amazing to me to see the hypocrisy from a bunch of metalheads OH so concerned for some (Not all) people offended by a name or logo, in a scene of music full of images and lyrics designed with the intent TO offend organized religion (as well as other NON PC stuff like your brutal deathmetal chainsaws and hooks through clits and pigs raping chicks in high heels.)
I'm not a GBK fan, and I'm not protesting all of MLB (though I could)
Natas
Never, ever change, like those shitty bands!

Post by Natas »

Places like this used to be where people could spoke fun at political correctness and post about bands like dying fetus. Now for some reason Dying Fetus is okay, but everyone has to get worked up over being politically correct so they can feel good standing up for something because they’re mad their liberal arts degree hasn’t worked out for them. Plus the Redskins are my old man’s favorite team and I don’t want to see that shit change during his lifetime.

I also liked the days when sites like the Onion and Deadspin didn’t take sides and poked fun at everything with no discrimination. Now the next generation of homos has changed all that like they wanna come in and change the Redskins.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Ah yes, the old "Metalheads can't be against racism because Metal is offensive" argument. Never heard that one before.

But yeah, what the European colonizers did to the native Americans is essentially the same thing as upsetting old ladies that go to church. Excellent point.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Cascade Whore
Sir Posts-A-Lot
Location: A sterilized but unpressed gift from a nose-holding charity which passes out clothing to slum drunks

Post by Cascade Whore »

spacehamster wrote:Ah yes, the old "Metalheads can't be against racism because Metal is offensive" argument. Never heard that one before.

But yeah, what the European colonizers did to the native Americans is essentially the same thing as upsetting old ladies that go to church. Excellent point.
He's against "political correctness" he's real EDGEY man! Like poochie the Rokkin dog
Wank night's cancelled
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Natas wrote:Places like this used to be where people could spoke fun at political correctness
How about there's crybabies on both sides of the argument? I could say the exact same thing about you because you're obviously just pissed off on behalf of your dad. So everyone's supposed to respect his feelings because that happens to affect you, but fuck dem injuns?

Or here's another way to look at this - you guys remember how the anti-PC crusaders flipped shit when the "friend" filter was introduced on the old board and there were pages and pages of people crying about how everyone has a problem with "nigger", but what about all the other racial slurs and why is it always black people that boo hoo yadda yadda? Well, now someone's doing exactly what you asked for.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Necrometer wrote:
Zerohero wrote:I maybe pushing some peoples buttons here, but its amazing to me to see the hypocrisy from a bunch of metalheads OH so concerned for some (Not all) people offended by a name or logo, in a scene of music full of images and lyrics designed with the intent TO offend organized religion (as well as other NON PC stuff like your brutal deathmetal chainsaws and hooks through clits and pigs raping chicks in high heels.)
I'm not a GBK fan, and I'm not protesting all of MLB (though I could)
I have my own thresholds for finding stuff offensive (some of which I'm not above laffin at--- case in point that Bestial Vermin cover). I don't really dig cover arts mutilating girl parts, including Cannibal Corpse though I'm without apology a fan of the band. And I don't think I'm hanging any Waco Jesus covers up in my rock n roll garage.

Hell, I think the whole Varg is a fucking nimrod and his views couldn't be more contrary to my own, yet I enjoy more of the Burzum catalog than not.

I think the trademark office meddling in mind control of what is and is not offensive in the Redskin case is 10000 miles out of their jurisdiction. Snyder bought this property-- and logo/colors and tradition and has customers willing to pay crazy NFL in big city prices partially because of it. It's an established brand.... and in case of pro sports allows the patron to recall the glory years even when current product on the field sucks--simply due to branding of the colors/name/uniforms...its going on at the subconscious level.

I though it was silly as hell the Washington Bullets changed their name to the harry potter theme too. These are in part the same PC police lobbying for safe milktoast uber corporate non offensive to everyone everything world.

Shit, I'd think a less riddiculous witch hunt would be banning car commercials with drivers speeding around driving wild as encoraging shitty unsafe driving than a fucking smiley faced logo or name "redskin".
Cascade Whore
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Cascade Whore »

I'm really offended by the Indian in meet the feebles and Swedish chef from the muppets
Wank night's cancelled
Cascade Whore
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Cascade Whore »

I realize my above post completely contradicts my previous posts but I thought it was funny

Anyways the old though police and political correctness lines are always the ultimate cop outs

It is just a stupid cartoon face but so is a black face minstrels character

I also find the lyrics of Anal cunt stab! And brain bombs really funny
Wank night's cancelled
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

As a recovering addict, the title of this messageboard triggers me. I demand that you change it. Nobody should have the power to incidentally make me feel things.
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

hey fuckface, almost all of these people are just EXPRESSING that they think this racist cartoon is in bad taste

no one is trying to bring down the first amendment
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Zerohero wrote: I think the trademark office meddling in mind control

Do you seriously not see how this kind of hyperbole is 100% exactly as retarded as what the shrill PC police is doing? "mind control"? Really?

Anyway, not that I'm an expert on US trademark law, but this whole thing is really, really simple. "Redskins" is a slur or native Americans, and:
Federal trademark law does not permit registration of trademarks that “may disparage” individuals or groups or “bring them into contempt or disrepute.”
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/footb ... -1.1834245

Case fucking closed. The same article will also tell you that contrary to what you're saying here, the first time a lawsuit was filed against the Redskins because of their name was over 20 years ago, so it's not like this all came out of nowhere.

Anyway, thread is now about inventing and designing logos for racist sports teams. I call dibs on Alabama Jungle Bunnies. Be back with a logo in a few.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

spacehamster wrote:
Zerohero wrote: I think the trademark office meddling in mind control

Do you seriously not see how this kind of hyperbole is 100% exactly as retarded as what the shrill PC police is doing? "mind control"? Really?

Anyway, not that I'm an expert on US trademark law, but this whole thing is really, really simple. "Redskins" is a slur or native Americans, and:
Federal trademark law does not permit registration of trademarks that “may disparage” individuals or groups or “bring them into contempt or disrepute.”
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/footb ... -1.1834245

Case fucking closed. The same article will also tell you that contrary to what you're saying here, the first time a lawsuit was filed against the Redskins because of their name was over 20 years ago, so it's not like this all came out of nowhere.

Anyway, thread is now about inventing and designing logos for racist sports teams. I call dibs on Alabama Jungle Bunnies. Be back with a logo in a few.
If you think "redskins" = "jungle bunnies" ?

Frankly sir, you are out of you element here.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Post more non-offensive fictional sports team logos.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

:lol: thread is going places
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »