Fallout 4

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Ray
ultimate EVIL

Re: Fallout 4

Post by Ray »

Spooky Apparition wrote:liking the game, but...... It's really making me realize how much Witcher 3 raised the bar for open world games in every aspect. pretty disappointed in how much the dead-eyed NPCs remind me of every last-gen Bethesda game. it's an instant immersion breaker whenever I run into NPCs.
The leader of the Minutemen was so stiff, as well as the voice acting
jefferson wrote:If you want a picture of the future, imagine a palm against a human face... forever.
hyperviolence
Static Migration

Post by hyperviolence »

Pisscubes wrote:There's something that feels... wrong about having my character talk. I don't know. I really think I preferred it when the main character was silent and when the replies you could choose were full sentences. I know that's nitpicking up... eh.
I feel the same way and was worried about that since the game was announced. It doesn't feel right.

It was fine in Witcher 3 because Geralt is a much more fully fleshed out character with a lot of background. You're taking part in his story. But these Bethesda games are about making your own story and having someone give voice to a character that supposed to represent you just feels unnatural. Bethesda's writing certainly doesn't help eiter.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

It's fine..

Make your own stories..

:lol:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

I don't care one way or the other about the voice acting. You can just turn the subtitles on and hit X if it bothers you.

Deeper into the game now and, yup, it's basically a Fallout 3 remake with better graphics and new missions.
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

I had a moment of frustration trying to craft something that I had the resources for and when I hit X I saw nothing happen.

It wasn't until some time mucking around that the thing I was trying to craft was really high above my field of vision and I had to kind of bend over on a weird angle to place it where I wanted too.

That aside - I have the feeling its in the crafting/building up of places where the not Fallout 3 elements are going to become more apparent.

I have poured the lions share of my points into an intelligence build.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Pisscubes wrote:There's something that feels... wrong about having my character talk. I don't know. I really think I preferred it when the main character was silent and when the replies you could choose were full sentences. I know that's nitpicking up... eh.
I think that is a huge mistake on Bethesda's part. They don't have the writing skills to flesh out a voiced character and one of the strengths of the previous games is giving players a mostly blank slate that they can create for themselves. It also opens up a lot more dialogue options for using your speech skills. 9.5/10 though! The PC version sounds like a fucking mess :lol:

Gonna install New Vegas and mod the hell out of it instead because I do have that wastelander wanderer itch. Never did complete much of the dlc and I heard some of it is fantastic.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

I really wanted to play a melee only character in this game, but I don't think it's feasible until you are strong enough to take a ton of damage. I was able to do it in New Vegas because it had less giant swarms of enemies to evade, and less enemies trying to pick you off from a distance. I think I could make it work if I rerolled and maxed out endurance.
Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

yeah i gave myself a 5(?) in strength with intention of going melee at some point but on survivalist there's just no way :lol: it's kinda feasible in 1v1's when you're waiting to reload you instead just switch to some melee thing and finish that way. but thats it..
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

I got real drink playing last night & now I don't know where I put my dog.
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

The Bill wrote:I got real drink playing last night & now I don't know where I put my dog.
There is a console command somewhere on the internet to help you with that.

I refuse to talk to the dog....for obvious personal reasons.

Piper is pissing me off and I'm dumping her ASAP.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

You can bang Piper, so I'll keep her time I get some.
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

Not reading though the first 9 pages of this thread. SO:

Don't like the lack of karma system.
Don't like the over simplification of the perk system. Not having to distribute perk points takes away from the subtleties of character building. Plus it puts mandatory locks on certain places in the game. I can't hack or unlock expert level barriers until I reach a certain level, as opposed to dumping all my skill points into a certain perk like the old games, and it feels cheap.

What's the use of having armor that increases a s.p.e.c.i.a.l. stat in this game anyway? As skills aren't dependent on a point value, its not like a +2 INT hat will help me pick higher locks, so what's the point?

Weapon customization and settlement building is awesome, and makes the constant hoarding of junk necessary (which makes the looting even more fun that the last two games).

Also happy with the difficulty: I'm playing on hard right now and have been killed a few times already. I played the last two on very hard and it feels pretty comparable to hard in this game.

The Mass Effect style dialogue is awkward. Don't like it.

And I don't like being pigeon-holed into having to be a fuckin' breeder as my character. Your voiceless protagonist in the prior games allowed you to use your imagination on who you were in the world. This has been stripped away in the current game.
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Ghost Dad wrote: be a fuckin' breeder
Really?

I love the game, but got my ass handed to me hard by a bunch of super mutants in a church. I had to run away after dying a lot of times. I never run away. I have been shamed. I also might have use up all my damn ammo, but I'm having a hard time remembering. I drank a lot of sake and wine Wednesday. So much so, that and no energy to bame Thursday, and I shan't drink a drop tonight.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

hahaha I just killed those church mutants last night. I'd be fucking hopeless without my sniper rifle
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

I gave up the melee plan and rerolled a new character. I put all my points into Luck, Perception, Endurance, and Agility. The Luck stat is real fuckin OP in this game. It was OP in 3/NV as well, but even more so now. I am one shoting everything using head shots in VATS, and non-auto weapons. I hardly ever die.
Rev. Christberg
Take As Needed For Pain

Post by Rev. Christberg »

Yeah, they shouldn't have put sim base elements in this. My OCD tendencies are gonna turn this into a 6 month project now.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I stole Piper's hat. No broad that travels with The Bill is going to wear a damn hat.

Having a shit of a time finding something ceramic.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Will you!!?
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

The Bill wrote:
Tag ceramics while you're at a work bench, you'll find a ton of them that you may have been overlooking while looting in the world.

Can anyone give a good reason why weapons and armor that give a SPECIAL attribute boost are useful in this game? From what I can tell, all special does aside from raise base AP/HP/crit is allow you to pick perks. I really don't understand the benefit of a hat that raises my perception or intelligence temporarily...
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

i like luck and chr boosting stuff for certain conversation check interaction thingies. sometimes it might take a reload to do it if you dont know the option is coming but i'll be dat..

also i'm pretty sure perception boosting can help you with spotting threats from further away.

though this is strictly based on experience from playing 3 and new vegas and just doing the same shit in 4. not sure if it applies the same way but it appears to.
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Ghost Dad wrote:
The Bill wrote:
Tag ceramics while you're at a work bench, you'll find a ton of them that you may have been overlooking while looting in the world.

Can anyone give a good reason why weapons and armor that give a SPECIAL attribute boost are useful in this game? From what I can tell, all special does aside from raise base AP/HP/crit is allow you to pick perks. I really don't understand the benefit of a hat that raises my perception or intelligence temporarily...
Adhesives are my new holy grail.

I fussed a little with the console commands and saw that adding to strength does boost carry weight even if no star is added. So, clothes that boost stats are like having an unofficial star in the column. You don't get to access a new perk level, but passive stats are boosted.

I'm reading about the nasty game crashing bugs, and I might just take a break till they are patched. Honestly, I haven't encountered anything outside of some character clipping, but I don't want to suddenly run into shit that will sour me. Still, the Silver Shroud will strike at men's hearts, tonight.
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

Ghost Dad wrote: Can anyone give a good reason why weapons and armor that give a SPECIAL attribute boost are useful in this game? .
I have a specific set of armor I use where when I run into situations where I might need Charisma checks. Tuxedo, Pompadour, and a special pair of glasses that give me a total of +3 charisma. It works wonderfully. It doesn't work everytime, but it gets me past yellow and usually orange. I put 1 extra point into charisma with my current character and never passed a charisma check before I started doing this.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

:lol: :lol: