Bill Maher is a hack and a moron

Music posts are a bannable offense.
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Re: Bill Maher is a hack and a moron

Post by hipster holocaust »

Cascade Whore wrote:Let's say for just a moment instead of having to unlearn past bad experiences from going to university, you had been raised ultra conservative and went to a bible college. What aspects do you think would have been more damaging?
Not that this is a pissing contest, but as a recovering Catholic with a mom that sings at mass every Sunday and a Reagan-era republican father (who is also not rich AT ALL :lol: ) I can say that religion/family is the #1 reason why my eye twitches involuntarily sometimes.
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
Cascade Whore
Sir Posts-A-Lot
Location: A sterilized but unpressed gift from a nose-holding charity which passes out clothing to slum drunks

Post by Cascade Whore »

hipster holocaust wrote: Not that this is a pissing contest

You'd lose.

Trust me.
Wank night's cancelled
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I think it would be fine for someone from the left to criticize the more extreme forms of SJW stupidity and create some distance between reasonable leftists and that kind of idiocy, but Bill Maher is neither reasonable, nor is he an actual leftist.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Advances>|<MONKEY
Keep it thick...

Post by Advances>|<MONKEY »

The mans the 90s.
"I AM THE LONE RANGER" = Donald Trump.
How Are Mortiis Goatse?!
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by How Are Mortiis Goatse?! »

I just have a few words to say regarding that hateful, unsophisticated little imp Sam Harris, since I got into a verbal argument with one of his acolytes the other day, which is a thing that gets tossed out a lot to "prove" Sam Harris is a SUPAR SMERT INTELLIGANT MAN; he has a phd in cognitive neuroscience.

For the record: Cognitive neuroscience is a bunch of hacky bullshit which should not be confused with the legitimate science of neurology

Cognitive neuroscience is bascially putting people into fMRIs and asking them a bunch of questions and then drawing conclusions based on the images seen on the scan. It is an interdisciplinary study and people in this field come from a variety of backgrounds; Sam Harris had a M.A. in philosophy before he got into the cognitive neuroscience phd program. These people usually have an extremely simplified understanding of the brain.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/neuro ... yTfnUebLIU

Meta-studies show that the entire field is just an incoherent mess and the accumulated data cannot show a fucking insightful thing. How are you even going to control for other thoughts and emotions besides those related to your research question influencing the results of the fMRI?

http://www.amazon.com/Reliability-Cogni ... 0262018527

In conclusion, cognitive neuroscience is bascially phrenology 2.0, and is the ideological companion of evolutionary psychology, which is basically eugenics 2.0

Reactionary ideology wrapped in the trappings of sciences in an attempt to it look objective

Don't believe this stupid bullshit
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

:tup:
Image Certified Poster
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Just when you think Affleck couldn't get any more insufferable :lol:

Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
How Are Mortiis Goatse?!
Don't mess with my shit.

Ben Affleck is right. Having directed Argo, with many Muslim cast and crew members, he probably knows a lot a people who are Muslims, so it's not surprising he gets emotional when Maher and Harris are spewing out their ignorant, hateful garbage about people he likes and considers friends. He's not as used to these kinds of debates as they are, and he stands his ground even though the two of them gang up on him with their shitty bullying. That PEW poll means fuck all. The most offensively stupid and least self-aware moment is when Bill Maher says "It's not when we do it!" Here is a good overview of Sam Harris and his irrational, dishonest bullshit:

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Sam_Harris

Also, read the Harris/Chomsky e-mails to see what a morally bankrupt and intellectual lightweight that dumbass is
Advances>|<MONKEY
Keep it thick...

Post by Advances>|<MONKEY »

I listened to a skeptic podcast have a debate about evolutionary psychology. as a layman I got out of it the follows. :well. since we are basing our work on 'darwins theory'(he used this term) our science is a REAL science and thus totally obsoletes decades of social science that we will just ignore!
"I AM THE LONE RANGER" = Donald Trump.
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

How Are Mortiis Goatse?! wrote: http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Sam_Harris
Was this written by you?
How Are Mortiis Goatse?!
Don't mess with my shit.

No.
IFryKids
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by IFryKids »

How Are Mortiis Goatse?! wrote:Having directed Argo, with many Muslim cast and crew members, he probably knows a lot a people who are Muslims
:lol:
This is my sacrifice
This is my life
This is my only regret
That I ever was born
David Draiman's Chin pipes
Hella Evil & Shit
Location: A deployment of light among a careful clutter of angles, a hundred blurry highlights

Post by David Draiman's Chin pipes »

hipster holocaust wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:08 am I guess I have no sympathy for whiney college kids that have their lives pampered enough to cry about something so lame.

Have you been to college CW? Legit asking, not trying to be condescending. I regretted going for a long time but have accepted it as an OK decision. However I still have no patience for know-it-all kids with clueless professor mentors, each having no grasp on reality.

I don't mean blanket statement and shit on any teachers on here btw. But sadly the hack teachers that fed me bullshit I've slowly had to unlearn over the years have left a longer mark on me than the ones who actually taught me something useful.
There's the life and there's the consumer event.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

BUNGVOX wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:06 pm

i bet the dudes from A-HA got a lot of cunt.
:lol:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

hipster holocaust wrote: Sun May 01, 2016 12:22 pm
How Are Mortiis Goatse?! wrote:http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Sam_Harris
Was this written by you?
fucking New Atheism

a few of my longtime friends (all approaching 40 like me) have been transfixed by various cult/guru types - one with Sam Harris, the other (a couple) with fucking Tony Robbins

if a little lazy, religion-based spirituality keeps people away from these goobers, maybe it's not so bad

people crave a know-it-all to look up to so badly
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
David Draiman's Chin pipes
Hella Evil & Shit
Location: A deployment of light among a careful clutter of angles, a hundred blurry highlights

Post by David Draiman's Chin pipes »

Necrometer wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:50 pm
hipster holocaust wrote: Sun May 01, 2016 12:22 pm
How Are Mortiis Goatse?! wrote:http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Sam_Harris
Was this written by you?
fucking New Atheism

a few of my longtime friends (all approaching 40 like me) have been transfixed by various cult/guru types - one with Sam Harris, the other (a couple) with fucking Tony Robbins

if a little lazy, religion-based spirituality keeps people away from these goobers, maybe it's not so bad

people crave a know-it-all to look up to so badly
Yet it's those same types of idiots who are now sucking Jordan Peterson's dick and he espouses the virtues of christianity as the foundation of western morality (while giving coy non answers when anyone asks him point blank if he believes in a literally god deity).

It is strangely intersectional

I think we need to hear from a true voice of reason:

There's the life and there's the consumer event.
RY4N
Unquestionable Presence

Post by RY4N »

adolf stalin :lol:
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

what is that shit he always says at the start? "chechik pride"? WTF is that?
RY4N
Unquestionable Presence

Post by RY4N »

i think hes referencing the first chechen war?
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

Necrometer wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:50 pm the other (a couple) with fucking Tony Robbins
Run. Run run run run run.

Worse than any megachurch. Worse than being a Jehovah's Witness. I feel so fucking bad for people who get wrapped up in that guy's shit.
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

I would love to hear some stories!

I am safe, and I can't even imagine how to tell them to escape.

I asked my friend "if TR is giving advice on how to improve your life & persevere, certainly he must've had a low point - what was that?" and my friend goes on about how TR struggled with getting busted for (1) tax evasion and (2) driving without a license. come the fuck on...

it seems like his expertise is in solving problems that don't exist. my friends have no apparent issues and obviously tons of money to burn - I think they are just bored. maybe if they had some hobbies they wouldn't need to join a cult.
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Necrometer wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:40 pm

I asked my friend "if TR is giving advice on how to improve your life & persevere, certainly he must've had a low point - what was that?" and my friend goes on about how TR struggled with getting busted for (1) tax evasion and (2) driving without a license. come the fuck on...

it seems like his expertise is in solving problems that don't exist. my friends have no apparent issues and obviously tons of money to burn - I think they are just bored. maybe if they had some hobbies they wouldn't need to join a cult.
:lol: Sorry if this comes off a little meaty g, but your friends sound fucking insufferable.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

spot on

they're just high school people I catch up with whenever our paths cross, nobody I'd bring into my life now
RY4N
Unquestionable Presence

Post by RY4N »

the tony robbins documentary on netflix is pretty cringe-inducing.
MeatGrease
[citation needed]

Post by MeatGrease »

David Draiman's Chin pipes wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:25 pm
hipster holocaust wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:08 am I guess I have no sympathy for whiney college kids that have their lives pampered enough to cry about something so lame.

Have you been to college CW? Legit asking, not trying to be condescending. I regretted going for a long time but have accepted it as an OK decision. However I still have no patience for know-it-all kids with clueless professor mentors, each having no grasp on reality.

I don't mean blanket statement and shit on any teachers on here btw. But sadly the hack teachers that fed me bullshit I've slowly had to unlearn over the years have left a longer mark on me than the ones who actually taught me something useful.
How hilarious is it that you think Sam Harris is a "cult leader" (wtf :lol: ) all the while hanging on to every single word of some failed comedian unfunny kike, desperately hoping to catch even just a drop of Sam Seder precum

You literally get all your information from ONE person you fucking bariatric buffoon :lol: :lol: :lol:
Warning: this post may contain plagiarized text or language, some which may be above the poster's reading level.