Patient Zero

Re: The new lady Ghostbusters movie definitely deserves its own thread

Post by zombiehead »

joefromthegarage
Zombie Apocalypse

Post by joefromthegarage »

It was a good time.

I'm embarrassed for the angry nerd contingent.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

zombiehead wrote:
That was more of a stand up routine than anything else. I rather enjoyed the women are afraid of ghosts and spiders part because it's true.
Wolfey
Map, Monitor, Surge

Post by Wolfey »

zombiehead
Patient Zero

Post by zombiehead »

zombiehead
Patient Zero

Post by zombiehead »

Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

that review is spot on. I never considered that Feig is a charlatan before since I thought his three R-rated chick comedies were good to great, but they make a reasonable case for it. in classic plinkett tradition, they largely skipped over the most glaring issue (feminism & backlash here, jar-jar in phantom menace, recycled story in avatar) and hit on some things you probably hadn't considered :tup:
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
RY4N
Unquestionable Presence

Post by RY4N »

theres a scientist man episode where they go deeper into the feminism backlash thing. its actually pretty interesting
RY4N
Unquestionable Presence

Post by RY4N »

featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

haha, this guy is funny. she go boom boom.

wait, this is an hour long. this is a big commitment I didn't know i was signing up for
Image Certified Poster
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

yeah, I've seen that and I hate it, and it's horseshit IMO

sure, maybe Sony capitalized on the backlash, but they didn't invent it. people fucking HATED this thing with a passion that can't be explained in a world where women are seen to be equals. the number of dislikes on that thing is unprecedented, and there have been sooooo many shitty remakes that could have earned the same ire. angry, sad, lonely internet misogynists are behind the bulk of it. and it started with the first release of the cast pic - that's before the trailer revealed/confirmed that the movie would likely actually suck.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

so this really does look like one of the worst movies ever made
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

it's pretty bad but there are a few decent moments - definitely worse shit out there; worth hate-watching IMO; the cameos might kill you, though

I presume it's obvious that they're using a ton of footage from outtakes. but yeah the stuff they pulled really brings out the worst. there's even more terrible stuff that isn't even covered in this vid, though. the bad guy is a sad basement dweller type and it's just so embarrassing for everyone on both sides of the screen. making the final boss be the ghostbusters logo itself is the most clearly Sony-induced and depraved thing possible
MeatGrease
[citation needed]

Post by MeatGrease »

Necrometer wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:27 pm yeah, I've seen that and I hate it, and it's horseshit IMO

sure, maybe Sony capitalized on the backlash, but they didn't invent it. people fucking HATED this thing with a passion that can't be explained in a world where women are seen to be equals. the number of dislikes on that thing is unprecedented, and there have been sooooo many shitty remakes that could have earned the same ire. angry, sad, lonely internet misogynists are behind the bulk of it. and it started with the first release of the cast pic - that's before the trailer revealed/confirmed that the movie would likely actually suck.
:!:

we could potentially end contempt for shitty remakes , and right wing politics altogether, by legalizing the brothels, since we know as a scientific fact that disliking commercialized feminist-whatever is the result of some kind of penis trouble.

🤔
Warning: this post may contain plagiarized text or language, some which may be above the poster's reading level.
MeatGrease
[citation needed]

Post by MeatGrease »

Of course, sad angry and lonely people generally have the same opinions, especially about politics. This board is a great example; just think about the great number of dead who used to post here, and how they pretty much agreed with me on everything, right before they killed themselves. Sexually healthy people do not dislike the marketing of college lesbian identity politics.

It's settled science.
Warning: this post may contain plagiarized text or language, some which may be above the poster's reading level.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

sorry that I wrongly characterized redpillers as sad :lol:

legalizing brothels won't help the angry incels, because they want social validation, not just to get their dicks wet - I know your scenario wasn't sincere, but even your joke world is full of misunderstandings
I was sitting next to this girl on the bus the other day and as the bus starting emptying out, I stood up to change seats like a good male is supposed to. I would be labeled as a danger to females if they saw me continue to sit next to that innocent female when I could easily move - obviously I was preparing to stalk her and rape her as soon as we got off the bus.
So I stand up and I see her look at me through the corner of my eye. I move to the seat behind and at angle of -45 degrees from the horizontal to her. The entire time she is tracking me. Once I am seated she looks away and lays her head on the window.
We get to our stop and she glances back at me. I am standing at this point and she hurries off the bus and nearly breaks into a run in the opposite direction. If it weren't for feminism I wouldn't have changed seats and she wouldn't hate me for breaking her heart. She probably would have followed me to my apartment and asked me if she could have sex with me and I wouldn't be a virgin anymore
zombiehead
Patient Zero

Post by zombiehead »

I think they were a little harsh on Bill Murray since I think he was forced to do the cameo and promos. Otherwise, its a spot on review.

I gave Ghostbusters an honest chance, because I did like Bridesmaids and the Heat, but yea, it's not good at all. There is def worse movies in existence. The ending was fucking terrible though. Everything about it.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

fuck bill murray :lol:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
David Draiman's Chin pipes
Hella Evil & Shit
Location: A deployment of light among a careful clutter of angles, a hundred blurry highlights

Post by David Draiman's Chin pipes »

MeatGrease wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:33 pm Of course, sad angry and lonely people generally have the same opinions, especially about politics. This board is a great example; just think about the great number of dead who used to post here, and how they pretty much agreed with me on everything, right before they killed themselves. Sexually healthy people do not dislike the marketing of college lesbian identity politics.

It's settled science.
Still waiting for you to clarify what you consider "sexually healthy" considering you've been very vague and uncharacteristicly tight lipped on this subject. Other than generic statements like "well, I don't think we need puritanical morals like 100 years ago. But I think me and my woman are pretty traditional and have good morals" which is odd considered how you are so eager to pontificate about every other facet of human existence.
There's the life and there's the consumer event.
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Post by hipster holocaust »

Necrometer wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:24 pm
I was sitting next to this girl on the bus the other day and as the bus starting emptying out, I stood up to change seats like a good male is supposed to. I would be labeled as a danger to females if they saw me continue to sit next to that innocent female when I could easily move - obviously I was preparing to stalk her and rape her as soon as we got off the bus.
So I stand up and I see her look at me through the corner of my eye. I move to the seat behind and at angle of -45 degrees from the horizontal to her. The entire time she is tracking me. Once I am seated she looks away and lays her head on the window.
We get to our stop and she glances back at me. I am standing at this point and she hurries off the bus and nearly breaks into a run in the opposite direction. If it weren't for feminism I wouldn't have changed seats and she wouldn't hate me for breaking her heart. She probably would have followed me to my apartment and asked me if she could have sex with me and I wouldn't be a virgin anymore
:lol:
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
MeatGrease
[citation needed]

Post by MeatGrease »

Necrometer wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:24 pm sorry that I wrongly characterized redpillers as sad :lol:

legalizing brothels won't help the angry incels, because they want social validation, not just to get their dicks wet - I know your scenario wasn't sincere, but even your joke world is full of misunderstandings
:idea: that's a good point Ross. There's no better way to get social validation than by taking extremely unpopular positions on things that can potentially make you lose your job at a prestigious tech company and cause lots of people to call for you to be physically injured (or more).

Anyone can just risk their livelihood by speaking out against taboos which are considered off limits for disagreement, in order to become popular (nothing says 'validated' like total ostracism).

Now, going completely along with the current mores set by government and business, now that takes guts :invcross:
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

where the fuck did I give that google twerp a hard time? I halfway defended that kid in the faces u hate thread

so now you're saying that I'm saying that that dummy is an incel who would rant about the new gurlbusters movie - not at all

I bet that kid is a non-virgin

and he's now up to his ears in alt-right praise, so yeah he also got some validation that way

that's two dimensions of not needing hookers for him

you are so bad at everything except derailing