So...Preacher.

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Warpsmasher
DO THE DEW!

Re: So...Preacher.

Post by Warpsmasher »

Eight Bit Alien wrote:Hitman would be tough because it's def 100% WB, I doubt anyone somehow got the licensing rights to that at some point - and I can't really see Hitman on the CW crossing over with Supergirl every week. It's kinda funny because all the current CW cape shows name-drop Big Belly Burger constantly, which as far as remember is not only an Ennis original, but also a Hitman original.

A Hitman show outside of Gotham and with no Batman is doable though. You wouldn't miss much - you could replace Etrigan with a generic demon for that arc, etc.

Although damn I would love to see that one issue with Hitman waxing patriotic to Clark done on camera ;_; I

actually have that issue signed by John MCrea. I think it's McCrea, I seriously can't read the signature so it could be Garth Ennis. Or it could just be some juggalo with a paint marker defaced my issue. It came shipped from the UK in packaging of some weird meat product that we don't have in America. Like it was Weebox Chubb Rolls or zomething
I was thinking more along the lines of an R rated movie in the vein of Deadpool, since DC tends to follow Marvel like "oh, we can do that now? Ok..."
Maybe Affleck would be down for a cameo to get his batboots puked on...
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

well I really really really liked this a lot
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

:tup:

pro example of house cleaning going into next season.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

That ending was hilarious. The entire town getting blown up by shit. :lol:

I loved this entire season and I'm going to have to read the comics eventually. Tulip is such a babe. :brokenheart: Fake God :tup: It's going to be a long wait for next season but it got renewed and expanded to 13 episodes.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Eight Bit Alien
HATE RIDING BIKE...PULL ME.

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

Well they've successfully made it to issue 1 of the fucking comic :awesome:
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Eight Bit Alien wrote:Well they've successfully made it to issue 1 of the fucking comic :awesome:
Ha ha!
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

New season thoughts?

Tulips bum bum is yum yum.

I liked the ominous treasure chest fish filter in the fish tank too.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
Warpsmasher
DO THE DEW!

Post by Warpsmasher »

I feel much more at ease about it now that they're on a proper road trip, being chased by the Saint, using the word on cops and teasing Angelville. Starr, Hoover & Featherstone are also right on time. The Fiore episode was aight, nothing to complain about. Arseface bits are funny in small doses, just hope they keep it to the right amount. I definitely wouldn't mind some more solo oriented/flashback episodes though, especially Cassidy stuff, and Saint. American Gods has taken some heat for that, which I totally disagree with. The standalone episodes of that show are great and make it so much more like following a Neil Gaiman series. It's too easy to point out the obvious, that they disrupt the flow, continuity, and pacing, but people won't care when they're binge watching it. It looks like they've already settled into a more conservative approach on that for Preacher, though.
Eight Bit Alien
HATE RIDING BIKE...PULL ME.

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

Fuck, this came back already? Your words are putting me at ease, Warpy. If you're going to put Preacher on a screen, it's gotta be a fucking road story.

I was able to accept the first season for what it was, gave me some moments of joy. If the entire show took place in static locations, though, I have no faith that it'd stay interesting for very long. It wouldn't benefit at all from a medical/police procedural structure, which is where I think they wasted my time initially; solving a few of the town folks problems with magic is OK if it's so that Jesse can learn a bit and make a few decisions about what sort of protagonist he intends on being.

After that though, you're going to wind up with some shitty Walker Texas Ranger series where everything interesting from the comics wanders into town and gets shot.

Who the fuck was bitching about the interludes on American Gods? That's totally idiotic - I feel like that's a universe you probably couldn't overexplore or exhaust, so long as you maintain the general tone of mysticism. Unless the series was plotted to have a precise length though, like some sorta weird three-season maxiseries, you'd wind up rushing to the end way too quickly.

Every single taste of that show left me with a "Tell me more!" feeling, big happily engorged blue balls. I'm a total mark for this crap - every episode stirred up the faggy teenage neopagan larper who still lives somewhere deep inside me. It made me want to go full Jofa and leave offerings to Mercury in the parking lot before work in the morning.

The only negative thing I have to say about Bryan Fuller is that he's self-indulgent; some bits of Hannibal did linger too long, or suffer a bit via extremity. American Gods is a venue where those tendencies are going to wind up as assets.
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
Warpsmasher
DO THE DEW!

Post by Warpsmasher »

Amazing episode this week! I had doubts, but Starr does not disappoint. He is going to be legendary as a TV character. :invcross:

Noah Taylor as Hitler (again)...kinda wtf, but I'm kind of a fan now. He had a great part in Powers, not so great in Game of Thrones.
The characters and the premise are all that's left of the comics at this point, but it's surprisingly alright, in an all-or-nothing kind of way. I like how they finish each episode's opening scene with a splash page style shot, and the big long letters, cool little bit of style from the original series. I get the impression that when they just sort of touch on something from the comics, in an obscure or referential way, it means it's another storyline that they won't be doing. Not sure if I like that or not. It's honest, I guess.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

yeah i havent been feeling this season at all beside the angel dude making a living dying in vegas episode but mondays was the other highlight too. starr is really cool. i felt like it was kinda spinning its wheels a little too much for a while
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR