So no thread on worst mass shooting in U.S. history

Music posts are a bannable offense.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Re: So no thread on worst mass shooting in U.S. history

Post by spacehamster »

Cascade Whore wrote:he used a sig sauer mcx
Well, my national pride is swelling as we speak.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Post by hipster holocaust »

Yeah. We owe ya one.
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

gun owners and their goddamn smugness about features that literally nobody else could give a fuck about are the worst thing about gun culture in this country. i'll allow a fucking mass shooting a day if it stops people named porch crumpton going "well, actually, it's .223 caliber rounds from a fn-384 with oscillating flange comportment" every time some news story focuses on the larger issue and not which flashlight mount was on what stock

also guns remain fucking stupid
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

doomeddisciple wrote:http://www.vox.com/2016/6/20/11975850/a ... ce=twitter

This article touches on that - but asks the obvious question - is it an access issue, rather than a weapon issue
Yeah, this is actually pretty good. The whole "assault weapons ban" business is basically leftist populism - it's a meaningless term that just sounds scary and creates the illusion that you're accomplishing something.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

spacehamster wrote:
doomeddisciple wrote:http://www.vox.com/2016/6/20/11975850/a ... ce=twitter

This article touches on that - but asks the obvious question - is it an access issue, rather than a weapon issue
Yeah, this is actually pretty good. The whole "assault weapons ban" business is basically leftist populism - it's a meaningless term that just sounds scary and creates the illusion that you're accomplishing something.
If one of these pinko fuck the bill of rights decisions means keeping it out of the hands of as little as one mouth-breathing retard that's either psychotic or not sure how to use it, I'm into it. Unless he accidentally shoots himself first.
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Toilet Fleet wrote:gun owners and their goddamn smugness about features that literally nobody else could give a fuck about are the worst thing about gun culture in this country. i'll allow a fucking mass shooting a day if it stops people named porch crumpton going "well, actually, it's .223 caliber rounds from a fn-384 with oscillating flange comportment" every time some news story focuses on the larger issue and not which flashlight mount was on what stock

I had a friend fellow student who read a few issues of The Punisher's Armory and he suddenly thought himself a gun aficionado, despite never being near a gun in real life (probably still hasn't). I don't remember what was going on, but we had to create a character for something, and the jackass put an exuberant amount of time and detail on the thing's handgun, and nothing else.

Toilet Fleet wrote:also guns remain fucking stupid
Depends on the context 'cause...

..they can rule!
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

video games are arguably the one thing fucking stupider than guns
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

I'll keep that under advisement.
Erik13
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Erik13 »

I would love to hear Justin Barger's opinions on all this...
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

Erik13 wrote:I would love to hear Justin Barger's opinions on all this...
I want to hear YOUR opinions on all this in the form of a food review.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

hipster holocaust wrote: If one of these pinko fuck the bill of rights decisions means keeping it out of the hands of as little as one mouth-breathing retard that's either psychotic or not sure how to use it, I'm into it. Unless he accidentally shoots himself first.
Sure. But the question, really, is what'll work and what won't. I'm not about to act like I can tell Americans how to solve this uniquely American problem, but a) as the article DD posted argues very concisely, "assault weapons" is a completely meaningless term and b) "ban guns" sounds to me a lot like "ban drugs", and that never worked either.

See, here's the thing. I live in Switzerland. Gun nuts in the US love to cite Switzerland as an example of why gun control doesn't work - we have very little gun control (though most of what the NRA says about us is bullshit - the government doesn't require anyone here to keep a full-auto assault rifle in their home) and a very low crime rate. But the thing is, Switzerland also has social security to an extent that would have all of these NRA morons screaming "communism" at the top of their lungs. And I think that's really the difference. Your cut-throat, competitive capitalist society breeds violence, and that's why you have these mass shootings. That's the difference between the US and Switzerland. People here don't fear for their livelihoods the way Americans do, and as a result, we're a less violent society on the whole. I have no idea what that means in terms of fixing the gun violence problem in the US, but it seems to me that it's a symptom of a much larger problem than just guns.
Ray
ultimate EVIL

Post by Ray »

Oh look, a sensible, non-emotional take on a very nuanced and unique problem
jefferson wrote:If you want a picture of the future, imagine a palm against a human face... forever.
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

Toilet Fleet wrote:gun owners and their goddamn smugness about features that literally nobody else could give a fuck about.

Let me introduce you to vaping.
Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Ray wrote:Oh look, a sensible, non-emotional take on a very nuanced and unique problem
I think what he's really trying to say is that communism is the answer. Where do I sign up?
David Draiman's Chin pipes
Hella Evil & Shit
Location: A deployment of light among a careful clutter of angles, a hundred blurry highlights

Post by David Draiman's Chin pipes »

There's the life and there's the consumer event.
MeatGrease
[citation needed]

Post by MeatGrease »

Two kids? That's all? 5th graders in Chicago kill twice as many every weekend...
Warning: this post may contain plagiarized text or language, some which may be above the poster's reading level.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

master race!
work sucks, school sucks, life sucks. I just want out of this shit
:(
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Hella Evil & Shit
Location: A deployment of light among a careful clutter of angles, a hundred blurry highlights

MeatGrease wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:38 am
Two kids? That's all? 5th graders in Chicago kill twice as many every weekend...
Yeah I know you're really upset those two white guys who were going to blow up a mosque got caught ahead of time so we could be winning again as a race.
MeatGrease
[citation needed]

Post by MeatGrease »

David Draiman's Chin pipes wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:41 pm
Yeah I know you're really upset those two white guys who were going to blow up a mosque got caught ahead of time so we could be winning again as a race.
Imagine if the pigs spent as much effort trying to catch Muslims before they blew shit up.

But of course, that would be racism
Warning: this post may contain plagiarized text or language, some which may be above the poster's reading level.
chrisinLA
...to the other side!

Post by chrisinLA »

MeatGrease wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:16 am
David Draiman's Chin pipes wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:41 pm
Imagine if the pigs spent as much effort trying to catch Muslims before they blew shit up.

But of course, that would be racism
You could move to Quebec, they're racist as shit there, and nobody seems to care.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quebec_Ci ... e_shooting

MeatGrease
[citation needed]

Post by MeatGrease »

There's absolutely no way in fuck I would live in a country whose prime minister started crying while apologizing to LGBTQIABBQ (for what reason I couldn't possibly guess)

Actually, a YouTube search for "Justin Trudeau crying" yields about a dozen seperate(!!!!!) occasions in which your prime minister started crying

Yeah, I'd rather not live in a country being administered by an international laughingstock
Hella Evil & Shit

MeatGrease wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:04 am There's absolutely no way in fuck I would live in a country whose prime minister started crying while apologizing to LGBTQIABBQ (for what reason I couldn't possibly guess)

Actually, a YouTube search for "Justin Trudeau crying" yields about a dozen seperate(!!!!!) occasions in which your prime minister started crying

Yeah, I'd rather not live in a country being administered by an international laughingstock
You've really got your finger on the pulse of the world. Never afraid to tell it like it is. So I'm sure you'll speak out about all the gang rape and murder being committed against muslims in Myanmar right now. never let political correctness silence us from confronting RADICAL BUDDHIST TERRORISM
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

MeatGrease wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:04 am Yeah, I'd rather not live in a country being administered by an international laughingstock

I know, too easy. But it did need to be pointed out.
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Getting along with other countries is dumb. You're dumb. This place is stupid.
MeatGrease
[citation needed]

Post by MeatGrease »

spacehamster wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:28 am
MeatGrease wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:04 am Yeah, I'd rather not live in a country being administered by an international laughingstock

I know, too easy. But it did need to be pointed out.
Uhhhhhhh...Trump is the most respected U.S. president internationally of the last two decades bud. At least by real, actual countries like Russia and China. It's only irrelevant third world shitholes like Germany and the U.K. that have bad things to say about him. And even that's not even totally true. All patriotic nationalists all over the world have been energized by Trumpism.

Faaaaaacts buddy.