Dakota access pipeline

Music posts are a bannable offense.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Re: Dakota access pipeline

Post by FVBTVS »

Erik13 wrote:Isn't Ross a scientist? Can he help with this?
fuck Ross. we need Chad on this one. i'm not weighing in until i get Chad's insights..
Black Jacques wrote:Lol
you are pretty defensive fwiw
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Post by hipster holocaust »

Erik13 wrote:
hipster holocaust wrote:Erik what do you think about Indians
American Indians or red dot Indians?
Both, actually.
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
Erik13
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Erik13 »

hipster holocaust wrote:
Erik13 wrote:
Both, actually.
I'm a huge fan of American Indians. They were here first and deserve every benefit the govt. gives them.
The other Indians are ok. Some can be pretty pushy and rude, though.
Black Jacques
Sweet Lord _______

Post by Black Jacques »

FVBTVS wrote:
you are pretty defensive fwiw
It was funny though.
Erik13
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Erik13 »

Can we get some updates on this?
Cascade Whore
Sir Posts-A-Lot
Location: A sterilized but unpressed gift from a nose-holding charity which passes out clothing to slum drunks

Post by Cascade Whore »

Erik13 wrote:Can we get some updates on this?
Billionaire backed police with sound cannons vs injuns. Enjoy your shit colored water. Happy Halloween
Wank night's cancelled
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

Erik13 wrote:
hipster holocaust wrote:
Erik13 wrote:
Both, actually.
I'm a huge fan of American Indians. They were here first and deserve every benefit the govt. gives them.
The other Indians are ok. Some can be pretty pushy and rude, though.
And they smell like piss.
Erik13
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Erik13 »

Cascade Whore wrote: Billionaire backed police with sound cannons vs injuns. Enjoy your shit colored water. Happy Halloween
Why are people so sure this thing will leak? Aren't there engineers and scientists working on this project? Also, wouldn't this save lots and money and avoid having thousands of truck on the road?
Cascade Whore
Sir Posts-A-Lot
Location: A sterilized but unpressed gift from a nose-holding charity which passes out clothing to slum drunks

Post by Cascade Whore »

Erik13 wrote:
Cascade Whore wrote: Billionaire backed police with sound cannons vs injuns. Enjoy your shit colored water. Happy Halloween
Why are people so sure this thing will leak? Aren't there engineers and scientists working on this project? Also, wouldn't this save lots and money and avoid having thousands of truck on the road?
No.
Wank night's cancelled
Cascade Whore
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Cascade Whore »

Wank night's cancelled
Cascade Whore
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Cascade Whore »

Wank night's cancelled
Eight Bit Alien
HATE RIDING BIKE...PULL ME.

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

Stop just fucking posting the URLs to shit
That's what Simmfocc did

That's what aunts do on Facebook
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
Cascade Whore
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Cascade Whore »

Eight Bit Alien wrote:Stop just fucking posting the URLs to shit
That's what Simmfocc did

That's what aunts do on Facebook
It's a fucking news story related to the top of the thread. I don't post links to Alex jones and Mark dice so shut the fuck up about SIMMFOC.

Here I'll paraphrase:

The cops are deliberate shooting people's skin off their hands with water canons and blasted a woman's arm in half with a stun grenade that isn't meant to be shot directly at someone, they also lied about it. Also Eric is a dumb piece of shit. Happy?
Wank night's cancelled
Black Jacques
Sweet Lord _______

Post by Black Jacques »

Dad always used to talk about "when the pipeline" went through and I didn't really think about it until now, now that it's topical and now that I'm an industry shill. Our daft PM just announced federal approval, for what it's worth, of the Line 3 expansion and it forced me to recall dad's old stories and research the existing pipeline on my ultra high-tech industry software. Airphoto.

Here it is relative to the farm.

Built in 1955. That's Glenboro MB to the top left of the image, Grandpa and his father and grandfather and countless othe relatives are in the ground just to the left of the screencap.

Peguis is, naturally, already asking anyone who lives or has lived next to the existing right-of-way to come forward and voice their opinion on the expansion...
I might be at the front of the line.
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

not so fast f
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

Small victory, but I almost got a little misty-eyed....
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

Still trying to figure out what ol B Jacques is getting at.
Image Certified Poster
Erik13
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Erik13 »

featherboa wrote:Still trying to figure out what ol B Jacques is getting at.
his dad has a pipeline running under his farm...
Black Jacques
Sweet Lord _______

Post by Black Jacques »

featherboa wrote:Still trying to figure out what ol B Jacques is getting at.
I'm pro-pipeline featherboa. I think the risks have been overstated and benefits understated... at least in Canada where the government benefits massively both provincially and federally from projects like this.

One specific pipeline (in Canada) was just given federal approval for expansion - Enbridge's Line 3... which involves replacing and upgrading the old 34" line - that's been pumping oil from Alberta to Wisconsin since 1950 - to a 36" line capable of transporting 760,000bbl's a day.

I had no idea it ran right under the garden of the family farm - so posting about it was a) topical because of the federal announcement, and to b) demonstrate that it's perfectly plausible to live your life beside a pipeline without even knowing it, and that it won't always poison the well... which I guess you could say is the relation to this thread.
Black Jacques
Sweet Lord _______

Post by Black Jacques »

It should go without saying that my pro-pipeline stance - perhaps more to the point of this thread - is predicated on the pipeline company and government proceeding in a lawful, ethical and environmental manner. Including all the up-front soils/archeology/hydrology work, appropriate stakeholder consultation/notification/compensation and having proper mitigation plans in place.
That would very obviously include DAPL and Standing Rock FN.
Cascade Whore
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Cascade Whore »

Considering the US government didn't even do an environmental impact study and the vicious bodily harm the police and private thugs have inflicted and how they lied about "fires" in reference to using water canons in freezing weather. (The only fires I've seen were cause by police tear gas containers) and they aren't running a pipeline through the cemetery where Jacques great grand parents are buried, things might just be a little different in Canada. I'm glad the permit was denied (for now). Thanks obama.
Wank night's cancelled
Cascade Whore
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Cascade Whore »

This is from a youtube comment so take it with a grain of salt
Sorry guys but You can run the line straight under the water, what they end up doing is they sink the line with concrete anchors, I know, because I've done it lots, If not concrete they can use very very large sandbags. I used to be in the oil-patch; most my life actually Its been my experience that the big company always wins, always, period. This is not the time to quit keeping these guys in check, what they'll end up doing is just stepping away from it till the heat dies, momentum dies, when nobody cares anymore, they'll have their way. I'm not trying to discourage anyone, I'm just sharing my experience.
Wank night's cancelled
Cascade Whore
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Cascade Whore »

I'll make a deal with you Jacques. I'll support as much drill baby drilling free market, or government supported oil exploration if we could make it that if there is some horrific environmental disaster and people are sickened or killed we remove the shield of corporate personhood and make the CEO's and board of directors and majority share holders of these companies personally liable for prison time.
Wank night's cancelled
Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by Chad »

nothing is more fucking lame than someone you know linking you...''oh, we won!'' bullshit about some grinding govt program

you could put 15 rows of ''native americans'' out...kill them one by one with a butter knife...and still the story won't be what you hear

oh gee, I'm so glad the pipeline was stopped. the safe thing for slugs to inch up a bit and care about

fuck off...your Jew run country is a siphoning source for your spirit

what do I care about Injuns...I'm a drunk gambler myself

THEY WILL GET EVERY PIPELINE THEY WANT
Cascade Whore
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Cascade Whore »

You're probably right.

Look what zombiehead found though!

http://m.imgur.com/a/X5Mnr
Wank night's cancelled