He tried so hard and got so far

Music posts are a bannable offense.
postaddiction
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

He tried so hard and got so far

Post by postaddiction »

Another hangman, RIP!

Always liked hearing this one when it came on the radio...

hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Re: He tried so hard and got so far

Post by hipster holocaust »

The amount of secret LP fans that have come out in the past week has been...disturbing :?
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Dude seriously this has just been the strangest period of revelations. I thought Linkin Park were universally reviled and mocked, but every social media imaginable is just everyone posting their favourite LP deep cut. I feel like Chad Kroeger or Fred Durst is going to die next and every corner of the internet is going to be flooded with people on the verge of tears talking whistfully about the first time they got a handie was in a 7-11 parking lot while Three Dollar Bill Y'All was jamming on the box

Not that I'm in any position to talk when I was navelgazing hard after Chris Cornell bit it. :lol: God damn it I'm such a hypocrite, so you can take that cookie and stick it up your HEY
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

yeah but like soundgarden wasn't absolutely dreadful though??!!?!?!
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

hipster holocaust wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:06 am The amount of secret LP fans that have come out in the past week has been...disturbing :?
Here here. My Facebook people that are "mourning" have been so random and unexpected.
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Do you think Torsion is sad?
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

riley-o wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:07 amI thought Linkin Park were universally reviled and mocked
Well, I always hated them and I'm not stopping now.

Actually the guy's suicide lends a tiny bit of legitimacy to his middle school level "waah waah me so deplessed" lyrics, with hindsight.

If anything vaguely bugs me it's the way everyone always suddenly becomes an expert on clinical depression when some celebrity autocorpses. And then all the idiots who think they're special because they know someone with some sort of mental illness, as if there's a single person on the fucking planet who doesn't. Ugh.

This isn't anywhere near as bad as when Robin Williams offed himself, though.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

they sold 70 million albums. someone was buying them shits
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

a friend of mine wrote an article about that very phenomenon re: nickelback in the wall street journal
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

FVBTVS wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:21 pm they sold 70 million albums. someone was buying them shits
And almost as many people voted for Trump :tup:
Foot Foot
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by Foot Foot »

spacehamster wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:51 pm If anything vaguely bugs me it's the way everyone always suddenly becomes an expert on clinical depression when some celebrity autocorpses. And then all the idiots who think they're special because they know someone with some sort of mental illness, as if there's a single person on the fucking planet who doesn't. Ugh.
yeah my FB feed was flooded with "how DARE you make light of suicidal depression???" posts for like 3 days.

these are the same dipshits who post "durhur Check Out My CRIPPLING SOCIAL ANXIETY" Spongebob Memes. guess it took some TRL Baby Rock doofus getting ripped and hanging ten for them to become serious minded mental health advocates.

and then there's this: https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/com ... iological/
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

I love the podesta thing :tup:

I, too, am aghast at the fuckers coming out of the woodwork to say non-mocking things about this dead guy

I guess they released this music video on the day he died... motive?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvs68OKOquM
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Foot Foot

Post by Foot Foot »

Nine Inch N'Sync
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

Image Certified Poster
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Some chick on FB called me "out of touch" and my words were "assholish" for saying that he was rich, had all the means and motivation (6 fucking kids!) in the world to get help, saw firsthand how devastating suicide can be on a family and he still chose to off himself so fuck him.

I wonder how many people would be talking about "raising awareness about depression" if Trump shot himself.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Joe Buck
Take As Needed For Pain

Post by Joe Buck »

Didn't he have that disease that makes you look really old even though you're young?
David Draiman's Chin pipes
Hella Evil & Shit
Location: A deployment of light among a careful clutter of angles, a hundred blurry highlights

Post by David Draiman's Chin pipes »

I wonder if the eventual passing of Shifty Shellshock and Mark McGrath will bring such woe.
There's the life and there's the consumer event.
Foot Foot

Post by Foot Foot »

Get Busy Living.... or Get Busy Linkin
Eight Bit Alien
HATE RIDING BIKE...PULL ME.

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

Yeah I'm kinda torn on this one. Linkin Park made ridiculous and silly music about real and terrible things that this guy clearly genuinely experienced.

It's a seriously fucked up, sad story of inescapable childhood sexual abuse punctuated by wikky-wikky DJ noises. It's funny and easy to laugh about, but it also makes me want to stare out the window and drink vodka until I fall down. Real talk shit obscured by cheap gaudy packaging, and then the dude is fucking dead.

The "This is my story about the public figure" social media epitaph posts are reaching critical mass.
I think I might just stop making them, I don't know how I feel about it as a cultural convention but my own always make me feel uncomfortable and disingenuous in retrospect.
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:16 pm It's a seriously fucked up, sad story of inescapable childhood sexual abuse punctuated by wikky-wikky DJ noises.
I guess sincerity just isn't a substitute for talent. Like I said earlier in this thread, the guy's suicide lends some posthumous legitimacy to his lyrics, but I've listened to a few songs since then just out of curiosity, and I still think they suck. Back in their heyday, I seriously never believed that whoever wrote this shit actually suffered from depression - it's so shallow, generic and poorly written that it's hard to believe any of it is founded in real experiences.

So I dunno, I guess he was a guy with a very public depression that wrote about it so poorly that legions of dumb teenagers identified with him and nobody actually believed he was sick until he offed himself. Which makes this exactly like every other suicide caused by depression, just with a lot of bad music. The comical undertone makes me a bit uncomfortable too, but I've got people I actually know with mental health issues to worry about.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
postaddiction
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by postaddiction »

spacehamster wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:55 am
Eight Bit Alien wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:16 pm It's a seriously fucked up, sad story of inescapable childhood sexual abuse punctuated by wikky-wikky DJ noises.
I guess sincerity just isn't a substitute for talent. Like I said earlier in this thread, the guy's suicide lends some posthumous legitimacy to his lyrics, but I've listened to a few songs since then just out of curiosity, and I still think they suck. Back in their heyday, I seriously never believed that whoever wrote this shit actually suffered from depression - it's so shallow, generic and poorly written that it's hard to believe any of it is founded in real experiences.

So I dunno, I guess he was a guy with a very public depression that wrote about it so poorly that legions of dumb teenagers identified with him and nobody actually believed he was sick until he offed himself. Which makes this exactly like every other suicide caused by depression, just with a lot of bad music. The comical undertone makes me a bit uncomfortable too, but I've got people I actually know with mental health issues to worry about.
:tup:
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

the doctor told me I have high blood pressure, Chris.
postaddiction
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by postaddiction »

Was it a surprise?
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

I take lisinopril
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

postaddiction wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:56 am Was it a surprise?
a little bit!