but fuck ''jus'' oborn...all the rest...their half-occultic loser ambling

''sludge'' ''stoner''

fuck off
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Re: fuck electric wizard

Post by hipster holocaust »

Have you ever seen them live?
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by Chad »

hipster holocaust wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:48 am Have you ever seen them live?
an absolute legion of fat whitetrash...

bongwizard electric demon bongmaster electric bong wizardweed

total fagggots
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

:lol:

i liked witchcult

thread rules though
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Electric Wizard rules and were fantastic live but I’m all in for these weekly Chad “Fuck _______” threads
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Chad support, thread nonsupport
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
canon.docre
Olde Timer

Post by canon.docre »

I saw Electric Wizard live in Vancouver semi-recently and they weren't that tight, I left before their set ended. I think I was spoiled somewhat, having seen Sleep not too long beforehand and just being absolutely blown away. I also listened to Electric Wizard's entire discography on a road trip and it was actually pretty cool, they wandered between melvins-y sludgey stuff and vocals to traditional doom to newer-sounding stoner stuff and everything in between. I like them though and it was cool seeing them play Funeropolis live at MDF, but yeah, live, not very impressed.
[XHATEXBRIGADEX] because your a polotical faggot
SKI DOO
git help.

Post by SKI DOO »

Wonder if any labels back in those days made any money betting on these huirs, or Iron Monkey or Orange Goblin or Bongzillia.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Canon - there’s just been too many lineup changes since Liz joined - Justin Greaves/Rob Al Issa were pretty tight, the Witchcult Today lineup was too - but since then it’s been revolving door.

The first EW tour of the states in the late 90’s was panned by a lot of people cause they were having too much fun & fucked up all the time.

They’ve never been consistent in any lineup really - but on the shows they are fuckin hell.

My band toured with them here in 2005 and I can say I loved every show.

The new song isn’t doing much for me tho
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

I saw them in 2014 and they ruled. Their sound was ridiculously heavy and they played nearly everything I wanted to hear. Maybe because I don't get to see bands like that maybe every few years but I was very, very happy after hearing how inconsistent they were live in the past.
doomeddisciple wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:28 amThe new song isn’t doing much for me tho
Same here. I love Witchcult Today and Black Masses but Time to Die was half good and half boring. I was hoping they'd change up their style again like from We Live to Witchcult but guess not. Feels bad, man.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

this new EW is definitely their worst release ever, chad

even if you can appreciate the slightly more upbeat, clean swaggery approach there's still nothing there riff wise at all

its probably going to sell 100k copies
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

The new one is out on the 17th - I wait with baited breath.

Doom albums that I liked this year:

Pallbearer - Heartless
The Obssessed - Sacred
Elder - Reflections of a Floating World
Chamber of Horrors - Destroyer of Light
Servus - Bathsheba

Not quite the same - but he new Iron Monkey - whilst having some big riffs - the vocals just kinda ruin it for me - maybe had I not seen pitcures of him in the wrestling mask I would have felt differently...
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
Eight Bit Alien
You can say anything you want about my wife...but don't you say a goddamn thing about my daughter.

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

I remember when the first riff of the first song of the first Pallbearer demo hit my brain, I freaked out and thought they were probably going to be the best band ever invented from that point forward.

I didn't like the rerecorded versions on the actual album quite as much and never heard anything else.

Then in 2013 Someone on my Facebook internet zone told me Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats was better than black Sabbath.

Thanks for reading,

Jame
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
Ray
ultimate EVIL

Post by Ray »

FVBTVS wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:13 am this new EW is definitely their worst release ever, chad

even if you can appreciate the slightly more upbeat, clean swaggery approach there's still nothing there riff wise at all

Spot on, it stinks

jefferson wrote:If you want a picture of the future, imagine a palm against a human face... forever.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

The new With the Dead is so much heavier than this too.
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Post by hipster holocaust »

What an album title :lol:
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

Wang Mandu wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:15 am
doomeddisciple wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:28 amThe new song isn’t doing much for me tho
Same here. I love Witchcult Today and Black Masses but Time to Die was half good and half boring. I was hoping they'd change up their style again like from We Live to Witchcult but guess not. Feels bad, man.
I really forced myself to listen to Time to Die over and over again hoping it'd grow on me.... I think it'd make a fucking great long EP, but only an average album at best.

listening to the new one right now and it seems a little worse? >_< they're one band I find hard to judge until I'm blasting the LP though so I'll probably buy this like a sucker.
Ray
ultimate EVIL

Post by Ray »

Not sure why you should bother, there has got to be better similar styles of records coming out other than this. Black Masses was the last one worth a shit from EW.
jefferson wrote:If you want a picture of the future, imagine a palm against a human face... forever.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Ray wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:34 pm Not sure why you should bother, there has got to be better similar styles of records coming out other than this. Black Masses was the last one worth a shit from EW.
A lot of the hyped doom bands like Pallbearer and Bell Witch are really boring imo. Although I should check out the band doomeddisciple mentioned above.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

I’ve had a decent listen - I don’t hate it.

He’s clearly gone a Blue Cheer/60’s vibe hence the thinner guitar sounds etc.

It’s not anything special but it’s not pure dogshit either
Ray
ultimate EVIL

Post by Ray »

It's not dogshit, just uninspired. Why waste time with "almost good" music? I often forget about it after a few attempts. If anything, I admire how they chose to go for a more "clean" production but it just makes me want to listen to the very first album.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Come My Fanatics is and will always be my fav
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

DOPETHRONE
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

It’s great, but nothing will compare to the first time I heard Return Trip
joefromthegarage
Zombie Apocalypse

Post by joefromthegarage »

Ray wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:09 pm
FVBTVS wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:13 am this new EW is definitely their worst release ever, chad

Spot on, it stinks

That is a shitty ass contrived album cover. Really, that's the best they could do for creativity?