if you like the Beatles you are an asshole

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

if you like the Beatles you are an asshole

Post by Chad »

but if you say they never had any good songs, you are more of an asshole because you are ignoring the fact that they were occult version of a boy band...

THE BEATLES WERE GARBAGE
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Re: if you like the Beatles you are an asshole

Post by doomeddisciple »

I am as I type listening to the playlist I use to put my youngest to sleep - She’s Leaving home, Blackbird, Julia (np), Michelle, Blackbird again & an Edie Brickell song from Shooting Rubber Bands at the Stars. I reckon I’ve had to listen to this 3 times a day for 14 1/2 months.

Tomorrow Never Knows is the first psychedelic song & is sick.

I had chicken salad for dinner.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

doomeddisciple wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:33 amBlackbird

Billy Preston continues to watch on...
Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by Chad »

doomeddisciple wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:33 am I am as I type listening to the playlist I use to put my youngest to sleep - She’s Leaving home, Blackbird, Julia (np), Michelle, Blackbird again & an Edie Brickell song from Shooting Rubber Bands at the Stars. I reckon I’ve had to listen to this 3 times a day for 14 1/2 months.

Tomorrow Never Knows is the first psychedelic song & is sick.

I had chicken salad for dinner.
You are lucky you have a youngest, and she's lucky she has a great dad. She gets a pass for liking the Beatles
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

I’m not sure she is into it as it puts her to sleep & the first bit of She’s Leaving Home makes her cry cause she never wants to go to sleep.

I’ve been listening the new Dwarves album this week and she gets a like side to side boogie going. The new Portal made her cry.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by Chad »

doomeddisciple wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:31 am The new Portal made her cry.
so she hates shitty metal; you've got a good one. Don't turn her wrong, raise her on destruction and merciless
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I'm not getting into discussions about the merits of this or that particular Beatles album, the fact is their lasting influence on Western culture is the invention of the stupid pop song, and I'll always hate them for it.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by Chad »

Last edited by Chad on Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Post by hipster holocaust »

Chad I read somewhere there are goof tapes of Lennon replacing a chorus of "Baby You're A Rich Man Too" to "Brian is a gay fag Jew" referring to their manager Brian Epstein that I have yet to come across. I'll google when I'm not on a work computer, or that can be today's assignment.
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

:tdown: beatles

certainly for their music, but especially for their terrible legacy

people like them so much that they can't believe anyone could sincerely dislike them - isn't that such an obvious red flag?
performative dislike of something that other people love.” Saying that you hate the Beatles is not at all the same thing as saying that you have never heard of the Beatles.
from https://www.thehairpin.com/2016/07/the- ... voj-zizek/
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

yeah but what about when john adds that flat 9 to the III chord in the second measure of the bridge?
Image Certified Poster
Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by Chad »

bruh, have you ever heard Lynyrd Skynyrd's twin guitars?

hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

I don't mean to piss in anyone's Cheerios but I think it's a bit screwy to go out of your way just to say you can't find a single fucking Beatles song pleasant.
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by Chad »

hipster holocaust wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:04 am I don't mean to piss in anyone's Cheerios but I think it's a bit screwy to go out of your way just to say you can't find a single fucking Beatles song pleasant.
There are a lot of good Beatles songs. I am winding down, I think I just want everything to burn. I liked some of their hits, sorry it's not a deep cut. It was before they found drugs in a real way and empowered ongoing decades of faggotry

FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

we can work it out triggers the fuck out of me

when i was in elementary school they'd make us watch this math video series that used it as a theme song and it was about 'working out' math problems. i hated it with such blind fury it was probably my first real awakening as an individual. "some music is just fucking garbage" thought lil fvbtvs :ax:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

As I was looking for this song I found a neato live demo version by accident with some uncharacteristic drum fills at the end

><
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

FVBTVS wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:45 am we can work it out triggers the fuck out of me

when i was in elementary school they'd make us watch this math video series that used it as a theme song and it was about 'working out' math problems. i hated it with such blind fury it was probably my first real awakening as an individual. "some music is just fucking garbage" thought lil fvbtvs :ax:
:lol: 100% understandable.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Big fan of the Sesame Street Let it Be/Letter B parody song

Otherwise I don’t have a strong opinion on this band
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

in case anyone missed Quincy's contribution:
Legendary record producer Quincy Jones has described the Beatles as “the worst musicians in the world” as he recalled meeting the band for the first time during an interview to promote a new Netflix documentary and US television special.

In the new interview with New York Magazine, he discussed his first impressions of the Beatles in unsparing terms. “They were the worst musicians in the world,” he told interviewer David Marchese. “They were no-playing motherfuckers. Paul [McCartney] was the worst bass player I ever heard.”

Drummer Ringo Starr came in for particular opprobrium: “And Ringo? Don’t even talk about it.”

Jones recalled arranging Love Is a Many Splendoured Thing for Starr’s 1970 debut solo album Sentimental Journey.

“Ringo had taken three hours for a four-bar thing he was trying to fix on a song. He couldn’t get it. We said: ‘Mate, why don’t you get some lager and lime, some shepherd’s pie, and take an hour-and-a-half and relax a little bit.’”

In the interim, Jones called English jazz drummer Ronnie Verrell into the studio.

“Ronnie came in for 15 minutes and tore it up. Ringo comes back and says: ‘George [Martin], can you play it back for me one more time?’

“So George did, and Ringo says: ‘That didn’t sound so bad.’ And I said: ‘Yeah, motherfucker because it ain’t you.’ Great guy, though.”
he's since apologized. like I said: society forbids disliking this garbage band. dead soon > liars
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
How Are Mortiis Goatse?!
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by How Are Mortiis Goatse?! »

spacehamster wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:58 am I'm not getting into discussions about the merits of this or that particular Beatles album, the fact is their lasting influence on Western culture is the invention of the stupid pop song, and I'll always hate them for it.
That's not a fact at all. There were shitloads of stupid pop songs released throughout the 1950's.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

spacehamster wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:58 am I'm not getting into discussions about the merits of this or that particular Beatles album, the fact is their lasting influence on Western culture is the invention of the stupid pop song, and I'll always hate them for it.
But did they not also evolve away from cookie cutter pop song structures into like, actual songs? Especially at a time when most in the rock/pop genre we’re still playing 12 bar blues variations?
Necrophilic Mallard
I am trying to quit.

Post by Necrophilic Mallard »

Buncha try hard contrarian xasthur fans.
Fuck
Fact #7
From an empirical viewpoint, the problem with Free Will (and causality) is reconciling determinism and freedom to make sense of morality.