to be or not to be

Music posts are a bannable offense.
delmuerte
The boss of you.

to be or not to be

Post by delmuerte »

So, this forum has been around for a long time, lots of long-term friendships (and hates) formed, etc., etc.

Does it need to exist anymore?

It doesn't cost me anything to keep this thing running, though the periodic cost to my life seems ridiculous. Been a while, but we've had attacks and whatever else that have been a little too personal.

It feels like the board is visited by about a half dozen people on any given day and I wonder: do we need this anymore?
Jimm O' Lation
Kill Whitey

Re: to be or not to be

Post by Jimm O' Lation »

yeah it's time to kill this place.
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

If you were going to pull the plug, could you please wait at least a week? I feel very passionate about this but I'll need some time to prepare my response.

In the interim, thank you for asking us rather than just nuking it, and thank you for the sacrifices you've made to accommodate us.
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

to be
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

yeah definitely 'to be'

I think this is where I'm at

1. Nobody should have to suffer unduly just to facilitate this board

2. PLEASE dont take my friends from me
Toxicarius
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by Toxicarius »

I poke my head in the door from time to time, fully expecting there to be nobody home.

Frankly I'm surprised it's lasted this long.

Yet, I have to admit that the day this odd little backwater disappears into the mists would be a sad one.

Do as you will...
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

FVBTVS wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:22 pmto be
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

I’ve posted here for my entire adult life. I’ve met a ton of people, some who I still count among my close friends, people who I love and think the world of, because of this place. Found out about some, if not most of my favourite art here or from people from here. The impact the group of people that made up this board has had on my life really can’t be overstated; my life would have been totally different without it.

I would rather it continue to exist, of course, but I can also recognize that my reasons are mostly nostalgia-based at this point. I often go days without stopping in now, and when i do, I don’t contribute much beyond a few words of minimal effort and don’t get involved in most threads. It seems like we all stay in touch on various social medias these days, but it’s different and seriously fuck Facebook.

I want to sincerely thank the people who posted here, though many will probably not read it. You have been my social circle and peer group moreso than any other I’ve had in my life, and I owe a number of you more than you might realize.
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

:(
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

riley-o wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:05 pm seems like we all stay in touch on various social medias these days, but it’s different and seriously fuck Facebook.
Everything you said was important, but I REALLY agree with this part.

Places like this offer something Facebook cant, and I want this little Galapagos to support its unique forms of life for as long as possible.

And fuck Facebook! What if one of us quit Facebook? Then we'd all lose that person forever.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

what riley said :lhug:

i love this place SO much; I'd go to ludicrous lengths to keep it around

when the old posts started getting pruned it was harrowing
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by Chad »

to be, obviously...i'll paypal the difference if need be. board has meant more constantly than even girls I loved

Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by Chad »

I wasn't eloquent enough...riley's post was amazing, but I have to say...

this type of forum was my escape and my sounding board. darkest lost feelings were understood, in a way NEVER to be found again

if it ever needs to be done, I would host it on my own dime, just bc this community, such as it is, has been my only real friendliness

not lying when I say I love this place and the folks here
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I'm still here all the time. Actually I think the people I do have on FB have all left.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
zombiehead
Patient Zero

Post by zombiehead »

I might be a little lost without this AND Ronnie's corner.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

For all my fondness of video games, this is the only place I actually communicate to others about it.
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

This place is the Cheers to my least-liked character on Cheers
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Post by cxwx »

I want to know who’s been making life hard for brobot so I can whup their asses.
Ill body
/
Ill will
barelylegalbarolo
Flesh Ripping Sonic Polka

Post by barelylegalbarolo »

So I've never posted before, but I have been lurking for over 20 years since it was the relapse board and everyone made fun of how fat pat was(at least that's how I remembered it). Through the years this board has brought enrichment in many aspects on my life pertaining to the artistic part of my personality that would not have been nurtured without the aid of people into metal. It has not been just music, but literature, television, movies, art, video games, and the countless other more artistic subjects that you don't get exposed to if you don't have a built in community outside of the mainstream interests. This board helped me decide to pursue a career in wine(hence the name as pretentious as it is) instead of my major of economics as I wanted to play music and still have a sustainable income. I know things have been slowing down but there is still conversation that happens on this board worth having and reading. Thanks for listening to my two cents, and I hope I will continue to be able to read all the opinions this board has to offer, no matter the view point(there has sometimes been an obsession with rather larger women, that while I appreciate a big ass, may have had ass a bit too much for me to handle, hence the diverting view point). Thanks for listening to me ramble, I just got done with a 14 hour day but felt it was important to voice my opinion.
If there's ever a need for a pretentious wine opinion, I'm here. Also, if there's ever a need to pair a TJ's wine with a California burrito, I'm here. Basically, I like wine. Also, basketball, Toilet Feet has great takes.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

hello wine guy

is old vine zin actually a thing I could like, or was that one magical first bottle I tried a fluke and most of the time it's just a nonsense claim? like I wouldn't be surprised if you said "all zin is old vine" or "old vine is just code for 'we added less/more sugar' to this batch" or something like that. also what about primitivo.

i know you were looking forward to quickly sidling away into a lurky retirement but THE FUTURE OF THE BOARD IS ON THE LINE
The Arsonist
Throbbing Black Werebeast

Post by The Arsonist »

This board may not serve the purpose that it started out to serve anymore, but I do think it would be a shame to kill it.
Nowadays posts are few and far between, for sure. The board is existing solely on life support, ok.
It is still an important entity that exists comfortably independent of MySpace and other
such newfangled things that have taken most of it's plasma.
Let it be.
The Arsonist
Throbbing Black Werebeast

Post by The Arsonist »

Toilet Fleet wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:26 pm This place is the Cheers to my least-liked character on Cheers
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

im pretty sure Goatus and Mike Green are anticipating my rating of this Swamp Thing show.
CROSTY
Better at internetting than you.

Post by CROSTY »

Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

I just spammed a bunch of FB people about this

apologies if that was annoying :oops: