Post by Necrometer »

you can’t send support PMs in public

this kills the power
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
kevin hash
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Godofdeadlydeath...

Post by kevin hash »

I hope he did. Nothing worse than laying down cash for pedals and having them get lost in transit.
TROLL WORLD ORDER 4 LIFE

:invcross: BUNGVOX got powerbombed off the stage because he wasn't T.W.O 4 LIFE brother. :invcross:

my hound dog's dump still hot - zerohero
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Post by cxwx »

Hope they are sending him the right one. OC-2 is an octave. OS-2 is an overdrive.
Ill body
/
Ill will
MPD
I hate your life.

Post by MPD »

MPD
I hate your life.

Post by MPD »

godofdeadlydeath
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by godofdeadlydeath »

It's Overdrive, but nope. Still on "Alert" at the fucking Illinois distribution center. I'm going to call today. The seller even paid for insurance and premium tracking. Like, great, what does that get me? Jack shit.
Stabbed in the eyes with a fucking caak...

https://soundcloud.com/mthomassteele
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

Another COVID tragedy
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
godofdeadlydeath

I fucking hate this time of year and get depressed very easily and I was really looking forward to this one present I decided to get for myself and of course it just gets fucking caught in mail purgatory and probably won't be here for another month. vveepsk

godofdeadlydeath

UPDATE: It's still got a goddamn "ALERT" on it but at least it's now in this purgatory state while in Massachusetts. So I guess that's good. Maybe I'll actually get it delivered within the next week.

MeatGrease
[citation needed]

Post by MeatGrease »

godofdeadlydeath wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:41 am I fucking hate this time of year and get depressed very easily and I was really looking forward to this one present I decided to get for myself and of course it just gets fucking caught in mail purgatory and probably won't be here for another month. vveepsk
same tbqh
Warning: this post may contain plagiarized text or language, some which may be above the poster's reading level.
kevin hash
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by kevin hash »

MeatGrease wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:17 pm
godofdeadlydeath wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:41 am I fucking hate this time of year and get depressed very easily and I was really looking forward to this one present I decided to get for myself and of course it just gets fucking caught in mail purgatory and probably won't be here for another month. vveepsk
same tbqh
Do yourself a favor and wash down some sleeping pills with some vodka you no good cocksucker.
TROLL WORLD ORDER 4 LIFE

:invcross: BUNGVOX got powerbombed off the stage because he wasn't T.W.O 4 LIFE brother. :invcross:

my hound dog's dump still hot - zerohero
godofdeadlydeath

UPDATE: the pedal arrived on Saturday. I enjoy it. The amp still leaves a lot to be desired so I might trade it for a different combo amp that has better tone but the OS-2 makes it a lot more tolerable to play through for the time being.

cxwx

Post by cxwx »

godofdeadlydeath wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:00 am UPDATE: the pedal arrived on Saturday. I enjoy it. The amp still leaves a lot to be desired so I might trade it for a different combo amp that has better tone but the OS-2 makes it a lot more tolerable to play through for the time being.
Lately I’ve been liking the sound of a Rat pedal with the distortion knob all the way down going into an already distorted amp.
Ill body
/
Ill will
godofdeadlydeath

cxwx wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:51 pm
godofdeadlydeath wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:00 am UPDATE: the pedal arrived on Saturday. I enjoy it. The amp still leaves a lot to be desired so I might trade it for a different combo amp that has better tone but the OS-2 makes it a lot more tolerable to play through for the time being.
Lately I’ve been liking the sound of a Rat pedal with the distortion knob all the way down going into an already distorted amp.
That probably sounds awesome. The "dirty" channels on the Line 6 kind of suck. They just have kind of a hissy high-end and there's no "chunk" to them, it's just like the illusion of gain. So the OS-2 definitely gives it more gain and beefs up the palm-muting a lot, but I know it would sound even better on an amp that has decent distortion on its own.

I never used to use distortion or overdrive pedals on top of distorted channels because my stupid teenage ears couldn't tweak the tone well enough but now that I'm old and damaged I definitely know the tone I'm looking for and I probably won't get it out of this amp. I almost regret selling my Crate now, but I'll find a way to get something else that works for me.

cxwx

Post by cxwx »

godofdeadlydeath wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:15 pm
cxwx wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:51 pm
That probably sounds awesome. The "dirty" channels on the Line 6 kind of suck. They just have kind of a hissy high-end and there's no "chunk" to them, it's just like the illusion of gain. So the OS-2 definitely gives it more gain and beefs up the palm-muting a lot, but I know it would sound even better on an amp that has decent distortion on its own.

I never used to use distortion or overdrive pedals on top of distorted channels because my stupid teenage ears couldn't tweak the tone well enough but now that I'm old and damaged I definitely know the tone I'm looking for and I probably won't get it out of this amp. I almost regret selling my Crate now, but I'll find a way to get something else that works for me.
Yeah high gain pedals on top of gain can turn into a mess in most cases so it needs to be done sparingly that’s for sure. I’ve always prefers gain knob down/volume up for any distortion pedal. I know Kirk from crowbar and I believe Scott Hall both use a metal zone that way as a boost into the high channel which sounds kind of ridiculous.

Look at Jack Owen here, fucking line 6 pod into clean channel of a Crate stack:

Ill body
/
Ill will