The International Reformed Church of Zack Snyder

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Re: The International Reformed Church of Zack Snyder

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

MPD wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:20 pm you rascal!

im with you though, the best of DC is better than the best of Marvel.
:brokenheart:

Its a thin but meaningful margin
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

i read an entire vanity fair article on this saga

OK IM IN :mrgreen:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

gal gadot is stupefyingly beautiful
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:44 pm Hope you're doing well. Can't wait to discuss the film with you once it comes out.
Cheers mate, I can't complain. Due to Corona, I have more free time than usual, and I've been busy printing out and painting minis for a Scifi dungeon crawler I've been working on. How are things with you and your family, hope everybody is healthy?

I'm not that sorry to say though that I will never watch another Zack Snyder film if I can avoid it. Everything that mongo touches turns to shit.
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Post by cxwx »

Is that weird Owl movie of his any good?
Ill body
/
Ill will
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

FVBTVS wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:17 pm gal gadot is stupefyingly beautiful
She's really kind of ridiculous. Like you want to hate her because of how fake she is with her team-run Instagram and the Imagine shit and all that, and then you watch her smile at a journalist in an interview, and you're melted cheese.

But I've always had a thing for Jewish women, so there's that.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

You ever been to Israel? Jesus, Jewish women are the most attractive women by far on this planet.
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

FVBTVS wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:16 pm i read an entire vanity fair article on this saga

OK IM IN :mrgreen:
That was a great article. Reading the phrase 'crisis of infinite doubt' in Vanity Fair absolutely blew my mind. Glad you're onboard... I still expect this to be a disaster for at least 65% of the viewership, but I'm committed to the vision.

spacehamster wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:31 am Isn't this recent deification of Zack Snyder driven by mysogynistic neckbeards with gamer chairs on Youtube somehow? It's incredibly confusing, tbqh.
That's definitely a sector. It's no bullshit to say that a huge portion of the most passionate devotees are international (particularly India and South America) and a fair few women, as well. The main, initial Snyder Cult thrust was initiated by a Chinese woman. It's definitely not the same group of people who make 70-minute videos about the Lucasfilm lady, if that's what you mean.
Geeheeb wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:07 am How does anyone have time for this shit?
Zack Snyder has the power to reach the entire human race, and if we believe there is even a one percent chance that he is our visionary, we have to take it as an absolute certainty.
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

THE KILL wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:11 pm I'm not that sorry to say though that I will never watch another Zack Snyder film if I can avoid it. Everything that mongo touches turns to shit.
:lol: :awesome:
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:22 pm That's definitely a sector. It's no bullshit to say that a huge portion of the most passionate devotees are international (particularly India and South America) and a fair few women, as well. The main, initial Snyder Cult thrust was initiated by a Chinese woman. It's definitely not the same group of people who make 70-minute videos about the Lucasfilm lady, if that's what you mean.
That just makes it more confusing, though. I dunno. The guy literally doesn't know how to make a movie.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

The last thing Meatgrease posted was the SZJL trailer. Do you think he's been transformed by its power?
Hunter
Member of the fascist left

Post by Hunter »

I'm going to need to psych myself up before watching 4 hours of Snydervision. Stand in front of a mirror, slap my face, deep heaving breaths "You got this! YOU GOT THIS! YOU GOT THIS! LETS GO!"
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Hunter wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:48 am I'm going to need to psych myself up before watching 4 hours of Snydervision. Stand in front of a mirror, slap my face, deep heaving breaths "You got this! YOU GOT THIS! YOU GOT THIS! LETS GO!"
I don't know if it's going to be an extra coffee day or minimal coffee day. I'm still trying to figure out how to handle loved ones and personal responsibilities - how do you properly set yourself up to be neglectful for half a day?
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

tom waits :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

The musical choices are absolutely baffling. Apparently his daughter was a huge fan of that 'hallelujah' song which explains its presence, but what the fuck man... tom waits...

They say that geniuses are the people who are most like themselves... to me, it's wonderful to see someone this completely, totally unhinged & uninhibited.
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

I counted 4 crucified superheroes.

Aquaman seemed like he was just sitting, and WW was similarly hanging out being greco-roman.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

even the worst of the worst music still works in a trailer/montage type thing and they couldnt have picked something more tonally incongruous and just doesnt work at all :lol:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

FVBTVS wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:33 pm even the worst of the worst music still works in a trailer/montage type thing and they couldnt have picked something more tonally incongruous and just doesnt work at all :lol:
This was also the problem in Watchmen - apart from the opening scene (which, one must assume, somebody completely different, non-moronic is responsible for), all the music choices were either comically on the nose or just plain bullshit. I just can't get over the fact that both Terry Gilliam and Darren Aronofksy were offered to direct the film before they handed it to that stupid asshole. Fuuuuuuck. The man is intellectual incabable of understanding Watchmen in the first place, what did they expect...
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

THE KILL wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:53 amTerry Gilliam
FWIW, I think the story is that Terry Gilliam wanted to do it as a 12-part miniseries, and that idea got shot down. He just knew better than to try and cram it all into one movie. Didn't know about Aronofsky, though.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:14 pm Image
james your image link was whedon’d - maybe others could see it 🤷
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

THE KILL wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:53 am
FVBTVS wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:33 pm even the worst of the worst music still works in a trailer/montage type thing and they couldnt have picked something more tonally incongruous and just doesnt work at all :lol:
This was also the problem in Watchmen - apart from the opening scene (which, one must assume, somebody completely different, non-moronic is responsible for), all the music choices were either comically on the nose or just plain bullshit. I just can't get over the fact that both Terry Gilliam and Darren Aronofksy were offered to direct the film before they handed it to that stupid asshole. Fuuuuuuck. The man is intellectual incabable of understanding Watchmen in the first place, what did they expect...
Paul Greengrass had a version in the works too! It sounds pretty cool, although I don't think it would've worked... he wanted to do a mockumentary style story, which took place in a 9/11 world. I think his ideas almost certainly inspired the HBO series... which I fucking adored.
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

And thanks RW! My image hosting sites have been betraying me left and right.
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

:brokenheart: :brokenheart: :cry: :cry: