The International Reformed Church of Zack Snyder

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Re: The International Reformed Church of Zack Snyder

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

SPIOLERS SPOPILS PP SPOILS SPOILERS

It was just as much of a Marvel movie as the Whedon cut. I don't dislike the Marvel movies, but MoS and BvS awkwardly contended with deeper problems of meaning, which is why I was happy to get a peek at their uncompromised conclusion. Felt like this movie completely abandoned the spiritual yearning of the first two films, which is probably a good idea from a studio perspective but also means that it isn't special. It didn't feel like a Snyder movie at all... which is what I showed up for.

The endings were particularly off-putting, and the music was very inert compared to Hans Zimmer's bang-up work earlier in the franchise. Obviously this is forgivable given the strange and limiting conditions of production. The promised contention with the death of god from the trailer (WATCH THIS VIDEO) is trapped somewhere in the timeline of the original script... it was never filmed.

I'll write more later, and maybe I'll even change my mind. That's my immediate reaction, though...
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:26 pm They say that geniuses are the people who are most like themselves... to me, it's wonderful to see someone this completely, totally unhinged & uninhibited.
RIP
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

can't wait to read those SPOILZ

lowlight of the last page is james replying to my "courtlanddddt is an easter egg" post with "it's an easter egg" :ax:
FVBTVS wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:29 pmi only watched like 45 minutes and its better than tenet
lowest of bars, but yeah

wonderwoman crab-zipping... has anyone made a GIF of this from the schoolgirl hostages scene?
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

gal gadot > christopher nolan
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Necrometer wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:02 pm
lowlight of the last page is james replying to my "courtlanddddt is an easter egg" post with "it's an easter egg" :ax:
Did you not understand what I wrote?
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

did you not

everything is OK

except this movie

this movie is probably not OK

going back to the chartogram, what does it say on the sword hilt? looks like greek (KAIROINEN ?), but ain't any of this stuff.

edit: OK, some nerds explained it -
Below Superman’s symbol on the hilt of a sword that pierces the Omega symbol is the word ΚΑTΑΦΙΛΕΩ (katafileo). This word is the Greek word for kiss/caress. It is specifically used with respect to the Judas Kiss or the kiss of betrayal.
same nerds:
The use of Courtlandt in Zack’s image is clearly a reference to the book “The Fountainhead” for which he is involved in making an adaptation. He also made use of this in Justice League, naming a small fishing boat after it. In the book, Courtlandt it is the name of the housing project that Howard Roark was commissioned to create. As with Zack Snyder, the architect of our DC universe, Howard was attacked for his work and was a victim of sabotage. In the t-shirt, Courtlandt is written on a cylindrical shape along with the Omega symbol. This suggests that Darkseid is the architect of Apokolips on Earth.
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

In the t-shirt, Courtlandt is written on a cylindrical shape along with the Omega symbol. This suggests that Darkseid is the architect of Apokolips on Earth.
This sounds absolutely retarded but I have no meaningful counter-guesses. The circle is the round table with six knight-swords...
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

this chart is the myth-making equivalent of the car homer built
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

:lol:
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

This guy is such an unbelievably annoying shit. Clicked this for background noise while I did the dishes, and he spends like 10 minutes just talking about himself and going to therapy. I'm really fucking glad my parents weren't famous or wealthy.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

the background shit with cyborg was terrible but i liked that he was absolutely miserable and distant. almost suicdial. because he is monstrous and a mistake! prettygood idiot dad shit. thats pretty cool. i dont know a lot about him and if thats a departure from canon or what

having to be near a wonder woman and you dont have a dick. just let me die by going to some alien boxes and disappear foever
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
MPD
I hate your life.

Post by MPD »

bout an hour in. Wonder Woman is explaining things...

aahhh...

im not hating any of this!
MPD
I hate your life.

Post by MPD »

that kid playing Flash still fucking sucks.
MPD
I hate your life.

Post by MPD »

hahaha, the motherfuckers signing the checks are that scared of howling mongoloids bashing fistfuls of cake into their own faces...

im glad it exists.

pro PT Anderson Batman and Joker squabbling outside the desert reduced Gotham/Metropolis/Central City and THATS FUCKING IT.

FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

i liked the way they sent steppenwolf packing but i dont remember the original either

and im the last person who should utter anything about superman but something about a 'dark' superman seems natural to me. it seems inevitable that you'd be slightly insane if you had that much power and lived among humans etc. the moment when he was sadistically pounding on steppenwolf seemed so cathartic for him! he doesnt even know yet why he's alive again

relatable!
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Hunter
Member of the fascist left

Post by Hunter »

This has to be the most slow motion usage in a movie just by default, but I'd bet that it has the highest percentage of slow motion of any movie despite it's 4 hour run time.
Warpsmasher
DO THE DEW!

Post by Warpsmasher »

I think I started to get it around the fourth or fifth Alex Ross cover slow-mo shot...Suckerpunch was basically just like fan music videos too. It's just extreme fan service, and it's so gratuitous it looks like nothing but dick sucking anymore, and it makes me cringe because I understand it, and know that regular people usually won't, but will pretend to for some stupid reason, because they just want to enjoy their big dumb superhero movie I guess, and that's fine. I wish that's where I was, but I feel like I know too much to be able to enjoy it anymore. Had to mansplain so much shit throughout WandaVision...it was fun getting a wtf reaction from my wife upon googling "Marvel character Bova" though. :awesome:
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Armond White is one of the craziest, most consistently hog-wild fuckers in the game. Deserves his own thread. Fucking renegade maverick ronin knight.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

armond’s still got it

holy shit that review :ax:
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Man I think I'm turning around on this, I keep re-watching scenes and I find myself appreciating it more and more. It kinda rules.
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:39 pm SPIOLERS SPOPILS PP SPOILS SPOILERS

It was just as much of a Marvel movie as the Whedon cut. I don't dislike the Marvel movies, but MoS and BvS awkwardly contended with deeper problems of meaning, which is why I was happy to get a peek at their uncompromised conclusion. Felt like this movie completely abandoned the spiritual yearning of the first two films, which is probably a good idea from a studio perspective but also means that it isn't special. It didn't feel like a Snyder movie at all... which is what I showed up for.

I was wrong about this
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:31 pm Man I think I'm turning around on this, I keep re-watching scenes and I find myself appreciating it more and more. It kinda rules.
i've been thinking about it a lot!
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

This might be retarded, but I think the Flash's lightning may be cracks in the fresco.
zombiehead
Patient Zero

Post by zombiehead »