Coil has got some truly fucked up songs.

Music posts are a bannable offense.
chrusti(ns)anity
Olde Timer

Re: Coil has got some truly fucked up songs.

Post by chrusti(ns)anity »

Like Coil a lot? Have a spare 200 GBP to spend?

http://thresholdhouse.greedbag.com/rele ... ox-set-pr/
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

White Like Jesus wrote:I haven't really analyzed The Anal Staircase's lyrics yet, it was just an immediate reaction that it seemed kind of disturbing to have those samples in there considering the title of the song. Now with these child-fucking rumors, it's even more disturbing. Considering what little I know from the interviews I've read, they don't really seem like the type, though. Or maybe it's a song having to do somewhat with pedophilia, but not necessarily condoning it. Anyway, like caldwell says, you can't believe everything you read, and like Bored says, it's the music that matters.
Hahaha...why does it disturb you? Sleazy was talking about fucking boys back in the TG days.

What's weird to me is the motif of "falling" on Horse Rotorvator, falling combined with death or suicide, and the way Balance died.
White Like Jesus
How's them beans, ma?

Post by White Like Jesus »

Well, I found it more odd than disturbing. Was probably just being melodramatic. Pedophilia is disturbing, but it's not like I'll avoid a song that deals with the topic, nor will I get offended by jokes about pedophilia. And musically, the song is one of their more goth dance club-friendly tunes. I was more disturbed by lyrics such as "would you swallow a boiled owl?" when I was hung over and had gut rot. I was trying to get the imagery out of my head so I wouldn't puke. Not that I could make sense out of the meaning of the lyrics. Maybe it was about taking acid and walking into a room full of stuffed birds. I have no idea.
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

Hmmm...listen to Whitehouse's "Wriggle Like a Fucking Eel."

White Like Jesus
How's them beans, ma?

I will as soon as I get a new fan for my PC. Anytime I play games or watch videos for too long, the screen goes black. Maybe it's a safety mechanism to shut down before something overheats, or it could be a virus.
chrusti(ns)anity
Olde Timer

Post by chrusti(ns)anity »

Bored, Esq. wrote:
White Like Jesus wrote:I haven't really analyzed The Anal Staircase's lyrics yet, it was just an immediate reaction that it seemed kind of disturbing to have those samples in there considering the title of the song. Now with these child-fucking rumors, it's even more disturbing. Considering what little I know from the interviews I've read, they don't really seem like the type, though. Or maybe it's a song having to do somewhat with pedophilia, but not necessarily condoning it. Anyway, like caldwell says, you can't believe everything you read, and like Bored says, it's the music that matters.
Hahaha...why does it disturb you? Sleazy was talking about fucking boys back in the TG days.

What's weird to me is the motif of "falling" on Horse Rotorvator, falling combined with death or suicide, and the way Balance died.
and there's also "Who'll Fall" off of Stolen & Contaminated Songs.

andy vomit
Amongst the Catacombs of Nephren-ka

Post by andy vomit »

Bored, Esq. wrote:Well, they added to it...
that, and sleazy has been living in thailand with several boy servants for the past few years.

there's also stuff like the videos for "love's secret domain," and "ostia (the death of pasolini)" ... or this:

that being said, i saw sleazy play a threshold houseboys choir set a few years ago and met him afterward, and he's an incredibly nice guy. and coil remains one of my favorite experimental groups of all time.
"erections: mother nature's thumbs up."

the vomit arsonist - death industrial / power electronics
danvers state recordings - noise & pe label
caldwell.the.great
San Dimas High school football rules!

Post by caldwell.the.great »

andy vomit wrote:

There's a whole series of those, mostly centered around some kind of ritual. They're all amazing, but one of them shows men piercing their cheeks and noses and ears with these broad needles and then hanging shit from them. Later they pull the needles from their skin (they're more like poles, some of them) and there's barely any blood escaping from the wounds. Kicks ass.
Necrometer wrote:fucking scientists
"you can't eat a sandwich with a clenched fist."
"I wish it was programmed to feel pain....I'd like to teach Watson a lesson in street knowledge....."
http://laughtrack.wordpress.com
White Like Jesus
How's them beans, ma?

A lot of their lyrics to me seem almost impenetrable. I know I'm listening to something profound, but I'm too drunk and stupid to determine the meaning. But it sounds cool while it's playing. Example: "The Coppice Meat".