The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
zombiehead
Patient Zero

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Post by zombiehead »

Virtual Console

CASTLEVANIA RONDO OF BLOOD
Original platform: TurboGrafx16 CD-ROM
Publisher: Konami
Players: 1
ESRB Rating: T (Teen) – Animated Blood, Fantasy Violence
Price: 900 Wii Points
Description: This is the 10th action-packed installment in the ever-popular CASTLEVANIA series, which depicts the epic struggle between the Belmont clan and the dark forces of Count Dracula. An instant classic, this title is recognized far and wide for its beautifully rendered world, outstanding game balance and haunting CD-quality music. The player takes control of RICHTER, the clan's ultimate Vampire Killer, guiding him through a total of nine stages filled with treacherous traps and hidden secrets. Using your legendary whip – passed on from generations of Belmonts – and a powerful selection of Item Crash attacks, it's up to you to destroy Dracula and his evil horde. What's more, rescuing MARIA at some juncture in the game allows you to use her as a playable character for even more vampire-slaying fun.
43°29′28″N 83°23′49″W
Nespithe

Post by 43°29′28″N 83°23′49″W »

I have that ROB for the PSP. That game isa He-Man tough.
zombiehead
Patient Zero

Post by zombiehead »

43°29′28″N 83°23′49″W wrote:I have that ROB for the PSP. That game isa He-Man tough.
this is the true version, not the false one
Krieg
from the moon

Post by Krieg »

Hypnagogia wrote:How do game saves work in Heavy Rain?

I tend to only play through these types of games once, but reload after every decision point, and experience every scenario along the way.

I could see getting extremely annoyed having to play through the game multiple times just to experience the different endings...or fucking up one of the action events, and having to start all the way over again.
They actually designed it to avoid that. You never save anything yourself, everything is with autosaving. The game has 3 savings slots and you can't even copy savings from one slot to another one, not even outside of the game.

But you can replay any chapter with "saving" or "not saving" option, the first one if you plan to replay the game from there, the second one if you do it just to hunt for trophies or to see different chapter out-comings.
The Torsion wrote:I don't like Krieg
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

christ mallard, did you real all the CYOA books cover-to-cover?
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

playing GOWII again before tomorrow, riding Pegasus through the night while slaying Gryphons by dismembering their wings is still one of the best moments ever
Necrophilic Mallard
I am trying to quit.

Post by Necrophilic Mallard »

Necrometer wrote:christ mallard, did you real all the CYOA books cover-to-cover?
fuck no, I just cheated. Those books sucked anyway.

And I was including games like Fallout 3 & KOTOR in that sweeping categorization...
Although games like KOTOR & Infamous that are meant to be played aligned to "good" or "evil", and give you different skills depending on your alignment usually merit a 2nd play through.
Fact #7
From an empirical viewpoint, the problem with Free Will (and causality) is reconciling determinism and freedom to make sense of morality.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Infamous doesn't even deserve a full playthrough. That game got tedious as hell about 2/3 of the way through. Loads of potential and lazy execution.

My GOW III is backordered.... :( Good thing I'll have a censored version of Yakuza 3 to tide me over.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

i thought infamous was pretty fun for what it was. it definitely was repeating itself too much in the missions by the end, no doubt, but the climbing controls were great and grinding on powerlines while blasting haters was a blast.
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

More bosses, one less neighborhood to clear out, less shitty characters, and more ambiguous moral choices and I'd like the game a lot more.
pleasuretokill
Olde Timer

Post by pleasuretokill »

Not sure if it has been discussed in here, but if you have XBLA, get Toy Soldiers. Game fucking rules!
"Did your parents put and Atari 2600 in a gold box and wrap it with Genesis paper to fuck with you?" - Pieclun
"theres a new Camo stronger than black ice, its better tasting than all the rest. its 12.5% and tastes sorta like cream soda mixed with piss. i like it!" - ghost boner
From Blintzes to Crepes
Elitist Prick

Post by From Blintzes to Crepes »

Perfect Dark on N64. I still live in 1999
Friendly Goatus wrote:I want to shout obscenities into her vagina and then whisper apologies into her butthole
monsterod wrote:I'm gonna skin my dick to this when I'm sober enough to cum.
Gunther wrote:shut up redneck
abdominalpillaging
I hate your life.

Post by abdominalpillaging »

zombiehead wrote:
43°29′28″N 83°23′49″W wrote:I have that ROB for the PSP. That game isa He-Man tough.
this is the true version, not the false one
nahh, the psp version has the original game as well.

and skyclad is right. that game is hard as hell.
i like to dissect women
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

Also going to stick up for Infamous. Never got tired of tooling across the city, clearing shit out. And compared to what I'm slogging through now (FF13), the characters are fucking amazing.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Comrade Slinky wrote: (FF13)
Don't worry, an old friend'll be back soon.

abdominalpillaging
I hate your life.

Post by abdominalpillaging »

infamous was extremely overrated.

controls were average at best and a lot of it seemed pretty janky.
i like to dissect women
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

Thank christ for that, plus I have Return to Ostagar to check out.

...the expansion is being released on the ps3 the same day as the 360/pc right?
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

I believe so. Bioware's really been dropping the ball with DA on the PS3.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

I get out of work a little early, my kid is with my parents for the week, and my wife doesn't get home till after 8pm for once, so I've got a solid four hours or so to myself to play games on a Tuesday evening, a very rare rarity of rareness.

More Mass Effect 2?
FEAR 2?
Bad Company 2?
God of War 3?

What a web of intrigue. I think the best bet is to try and finish Bad Company 2 like I said I would. I would have said fuck all that shit and continued on my ME2 way, but the planet mining is becoming a bit of a chore. MUST I mine these planets?

Pretty sure I'll throw that God of War III in for a spin.... never finished GOW I nor played any of GOW II, but I guess story wise I can fill in the blanks myself, let me guess, Kratos very angry at Gods, want kill Gods, Kratos SMASH puny Gods.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I played through Infamous twice back to back to get the good and bad ending. The copy/paste side missions got pretty repetitive after a while, but it's not like you had to do them, and they were a nice diversion every now and then. It seemed to have higher ambitions than just being a fun action game with a cool story, but that's all it was to me and it did that just fine and dandy.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

spacehamster wrote:I played through Infamous twice back to back to get the good and bad ending. The copy/paste side missions got pretty repetitive after a while, but it's not like you had to do them, and they were a nice diversion every now and then. It seemed to have higher ambitions than just being a fun action game with a cool story, but that's all it was to me and it did that just fine and dandy.
What's the general census on it's rival Prototype?
pleasuretokill
Olde Timer

Post by pleasuretokill »

zombiehead wrote:Virtual Console

CASTLEVANIA RONDO OF BLOOD
Original platform: TurboGrafx16 CD-ROM
Publisher: Konami
Players: 1
ESRB Rating: T (Teen) – Animated Blood, Fantasy Violence
Price: 900 Wii Points
Description: This is the 10th action-packed installment in the ever-popular CASTLEVANIA series, which depicts the epic struggle between the Belmont clan and the dark forces of Count Dracula. An instant classic, this title is recognized far and wide for its beautifully rendered world, outstanding game balance and haunting CD-quality music. The player takes control of RICHTER, the clan's ultimate Vampire Killer, guiding him through a total of nine stages filled with treacherous traps and hidden secrets. Using your legendary whip – passed on from generations of Belmonts – and a powerful selection of Item Crash attacks, it's up to you to destroy Dracula and his evil horde. What's more, rescuing MARIA at some juncture in the game allows you to use her as a playable character for even more vampire-slaying fun.
Fuck. I've been wanting to play this for 15 years, even tried to compile the games ISO files to play on my computer (which, I found I don't have enough geek knowledge in me to do). Too bad XBLA didn't snag this one up .....
"Did your parents put and Atari 2600 in a gold box and wrap it with Genesis paper to fuck with you?" - Pieclun
"theres a new Camo stronger than black ice, its better tasting than all the rest. its 12.5% and tastes sorta like cream soda mixed with piss. i like it!" - ghost boner
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

The Bill wrote:
spacehamster wrote:I played through Infamous twice back to back to get the good and bad ending. The copy/paste side missions got pretty repetitive after a while, but it's not like you had to do them, and they were a nice diversion every now and then. It seemed to have higher ambitions than just being a fun action game with a cool story, but that's all it was to me and it did that just fine and dandy.
What's the general census on it's rival Prototype?
Never played it, reviews made it look severely flawed.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

The Bill wrote:What's the general census on it's rival Prototype?
Prototype has faster, crazier action and cooler weapons. Infamous has a better presentation and a slightly better plot. Both games have bland, gruff voiced heroes and terrible side characters. I'd rate them about even, probably 6-7/10. Blood and gore = Prototype, superhero = Infamous.
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

Picked up the Awakening expansion, 45 dollars seems awfully steep. After that, the game and the add ons...pricey business.