Old friends who ended up in jail....

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Introvert
7th Church of the Apocalyptic Lawnmower

Old friends who ended up in jail....

Post by Introvert »

SO....

Within the last month I've had two old friends of mine find me through Myspace wanting to talk. Both ended up being complete giant fuckups to which I wasn't so surprised but it still kind of depresses me.

One is living in Seattle in a weird half-way release program (his dad works for the Department of Corrections so he probably worked a deal). I hadn't really talked to him in almost 10 years and when I finally talk to him he just got out of prison after a year and says that he's been a heroin junkie since shortly after the last time we saw each other. I really don't know what to think but it's funny that I smoked my first bowl ever with him in 7th grade and now our lives are complete opposite.

The other one just found me tonight. He's actually here in town. I called him but didn't even give a second thought to telling him where I live. This one is more sad as he used to be one of my favorite musicians in the old hometown and as silly as it sounds, I really looked up to him for years.....until he became a garage mechanic meth dude. He told me all sorts of stories tonight that were basically a junkie trying to make themself sound like they are doing better but you know they really aren't. I'd really like to at least see him so I might invite him to the show I'm going to tomorrow but I still won't show him where I live.

I had another one find me a few years ago. He never ended up in jail but his meth problem had him ending up stealing hundreds of dollars worth of my shit over the years. He says he's doing fine now but I'll never trust him either even though a band that we both used to roadie for are doing some reunion shows this year and they really want to see us.

Wow Ryan you have some great old friends......!

Share some stories people, that make me at least feel like I'm not the only one.
Friendly Goatus wrote:and stop being a dick to your cat
soiled depends
I'm always posting. At all times.

Re: Old friends who ended up in jail....

Post by soiled depends »

I'd better cancel those Captain Cleanoff dates. I'd hate them to be exposed to more of your fucking friends!
does your employer know that you are a cold hearted animal murderer in addition to being an insatiable pervert?-meatgrease
only a fundamentally insecure asshole would relish in the death of domesticated cats-chad

Introvert
7th Church of the Apocalyptic Lawnmower

Post by Introvert »

soiled depends wrote:I'd better cancel those Captain Cleanoff dates. I'd hate them to be exposed to more of your fucking friends!

Don't worry, even though I'm a fucking pussy, I'm sure CC can handle themselves!

And none of them actually live here.... :wink:
Friendly Goatus wrote:and stop being a dick to your cat
Morpheus
Throbbing Black Werebeast

Post by Morpheus »

One of my best friends since we were 5 spent some time in prison for armed robbery. That was when he was in his early 20's though - he's since turned his life around, got off drugs, gone to college and now works as a radiographer. He's a changed man, he's much more centered and confortable in his own skin, and even his speech has changed. He always played the rebel, but settling down made him much happier than the road he was on before. You could make a dramatized TV show about it.

The funny thing is, he was more of a fuckup than me back in the day, and I'd always help him out by giving him food and letting him sleep on my sofa (he was homeless for a while). Now our roles have reversed. He's still cool to me though: never turned his back on me, never let me down like the rest, always tolerated my volatile personality, and managed to forgive me when I lashed out and hurt others.
Black Jacques
Sweet Lord _______

Post by Black Jacques »

Best bud since elementary school's been in the clink twice since we went our seperate ways... Nothing terribly exciting, though morally horrible, he's had multiple DUI's.
But I guess if that's all you've got when you work on the rigs you're not doing so bad.
Pyrite Medal of Ignorance

Post by Pyrite Medal of Ignorance »

Introvert wrote: And none of them actually live here.... :wink:

is this your way of saying i'm not your friend either?

:what:
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Introvert wrote:
soiled depends wrote:I'd better cancel those Captain Cleanoff dates. I'd hate them to be exposed to more of your fucking friends!

Don't worry, even though I'm a fucking pussy, I'm sure CC can handle themselves!

And none of them actually live here.... :wink:
They can deal with that stuff. We have junkies in Australia too.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

The drummer of my old band went to jail last year. He was (still is?) an oxycontin/heroin addict and would steal from his well-off parents all the time. The last straw that put him in jail was when he sold almost everything in their house while they were away on vacation. He posted something on craigslist about having a house sale and had people coming in and out of the house for days, buying shit for cheap. Furniture, tv's, computers, paintings... all sorts of shit. When his parents unexpectedly came home a day early they came to a house missing tons of shit and their son sitting on the couch preparing a needle. They let him go in the bathroom to shoot up before the cops took him away. They were always enablers, giving him money and paying for his suboxone prescriptions (which he never took but instead sold to pay for junk). It was really sad.