The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
zombiehead
Patient Zero

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Post by zombiehead »

Scarlet Bro Hansen
I like to smell things.

Post by Scarlet Bro Hansen »

Yeah, I guess skyclun hates fun. :roll: He completely ignores the main point of my post was the game looks like something that would have kicked ass on the genesis/ turbo graphix 16 but was released on the fucking SMS during it's last days. He could have at least acknowledged that even if he hates shooters.
james wrote:im not downloading LeakyRapes
43°29′28″N 83°23′49″W
Nespithe

Post by 43°29′28″N 83°23′49″W »

Scarlet Bro Hansen wrote:Yeah, I guess skyclun hates fun. :roll: He completely ignores the main point of my post was the game looks like something that would have kicked ass on the genesis/ turbo graphix 16 but was released on the fucking SMS during it's last days. He could have at least acknowledged that even if he hates shooters.

I acknowledge nothing!
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

Granted that game came out in 1993 and by then those late era, post-snes NES games were looking good too. I think Kirby came out around then and some of the later mega man games.
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

So along with God of War III, I ordered a new controller. Customs thought the controller is some machine part (wtf!) and I had to send an email stating that it's for a game. Fucking christ. I just hope it gets here by the weekend...
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Just got my copy of GoW now. Hometime in a couple of hours = Woo!
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
Hunter
Member of the fascist left

Post by Hunter »

I beat Trine last week, and really enjoyed the whole thing up until the last level, at which point, the pacing it had established previously just went down the tubes. Overall, really cool.

I also finished Flower, which was a neat downloadable game, however, I'm not really sure it lives up to the hype. It does look great through, and controlled better than I had expected.

I've been playing some Afro Samurai, which is not bad. I enjoy the fighting for the most part, but when it introduces any sort of platforming, it falls flat and just pisses me off.

I keep going back to the Just Cause 2 demo for the hell of it. I think that game will be insane if I completely master that grappling mechanic.
Scarlet Bro Hansen
I like to smell things.

copstache wrote:Granted that game came out in 1993 and by then those late era, post-snes NES games were looking good too. I think Kirby came out around then and some of the later mega man games.
What the hell was that fucking sword fighting adventure game that came out on the nes that had really awesome graphics for an 8 bit game? even better than battle toads if I remember, it's whole add campaign was even based on "looks as good as genesis!"
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

ha, i remember the hype for that. can't think of it right now.

PS it warms my heart to see half my friends list playing Perfect Dark. it's so goddamn good
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Hunter
Member of the fascist left

Post by Hunter »

Is Perfect Dark worth checking out if I have never played that or Goldeneye originally on the 64? I won't have the nostalgia factoring in, but I am pretty curious about it. I am assuming that the demo is just the single player mode, and probably not really that great by today's standards.
doubleblumpkin
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by doubleblumpkin »

Since my xbox RRoD'd I've been addicted to Battle for Wesnoth on the iPhone. It's an amazing turned based fantasy RPG.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Dad wrote:Pizza nigga
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

i don't know. i was reading people's impressions on some gaming boards and it seemed like those who are new to it are totally turned off by the somewhat awkward controls, oppressive difficulty, and general quirkiness.

it definitely comes from an era where games were still fucking hard. i'm slowly remembering all my old tricks, like nudging the character centimeters at a time around corners so that you can shoot the very tip of a turret before it sees you. shit will kill you with no warning or explanation. no checkpoints. it's a quirky game, but that's why it holds up. apart from goldeneye and the first couple of Timesplitters games, nothing else is really like it.

at worst, you're out of $10, you know?
zombiehead
Patient Zero

Post by zombiehead »

Medal of Honor Frontlines reminds me of Goldeneye
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Going to DL Perfect Dark as soon as its up on Live.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
zombiehead
Patient Zero

Post by zombiehead »

god, if you were going to download any outdated FPS on Xbox Live, atleast make it Serious Sam or something

Perfect Dark sucked on the N64, I can't imagine it being better now...
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

zombiehead wrote:Medal of Honor Frontlines reminds me of Goldeneye
I know I own both that one and Allied Assault but I can't remember which missions were in which. The one I remember the most is the one where you're running through people's houses and backyards (holland?) while there are tanks going down the street.

ah memories
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

zombiehead wrote:god, if you were going to download any outdated FPS on Xbox Live, atleast make it Marathon or something
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

zombiehead wrote:Perfect Dark sucked on the N64, I can't imagine it being better now...
:betternotstartanyshit:

For Songs of Love and Hate....I really, really hope the shooting and cover systems are fixed. Every video raises my interest.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Scarlet Bro Hansen
I like to smell things.

copstache wrote:ha, i remember the hype for that. can't think of it right now.

PS it warms my heart to see half my friends list playing Perfect Dark. it's so goddamn good
I almost want to say Astyanax except the bosses don't seem as huge as in the game I'm thinking of.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

i really want to play System Shock 2 again but supposedly it's kind of broken on win7. Also I'd probably suck at it nowadays.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

zombiehead wrote:god, if you were going to download any outdated FPS on Xbox Live, atleast make it Serious Sam or something

Perfect Dark sucked on the N64, I can't imagine it being better now...
Are you freakin kidding!? It was awesome on 64 and the IGN review had me keen as mustard for some decade old FPS delights.

Of course I also DL'ed Battlefield 1943 for the same reason and that was tits save the fact there was only three maps.
Songs of Love and Hate
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Songs of Love and Hate »

Wang Mandu wrote:
For Songs of Love and Hate....I really, really hope the shooting and cover systems are fixed. Every video raises my interest.

I saw that earlier and I just can't wait. August 24th is going to take so long to get here. It's probably my most anticipated game for this year.

The part in that trailer when the guy is using the girl as a shield I thought one of them was just going to waste her to get to him but sadly no.
Steam - Sterile Prophet

PSN - Sterileprophet

http://withrpgelements.blogspot.com/
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

Hunter wrote:Is Perfect Dark worth checking out if I have never played that or Goldeneye originally on the 64?
Tried it a few years ago, couldn't even make out what was on the screen.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

Comrade Slinky wrote:
Hunter wrote:Is Perfect Dark worth checking out if I have never played that or Goldeneye originally on the 64?
Tried it a few years ago, couldn't even make out what was on the screen.
Well this version fixes that at least
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do