So Tim Yeung is drumming on the new Morbid Angel album?

Music posts are a bannable offense.
BUNGVOX

Re: So Tim Yeung is drumming on the new Morbid Angel album?

Post by BUNGVOX »

Jesus H Dump wrote:its because his old lady forces dildos up his ass with a croquett mallet. I think its part of the show in his other band,
i wonder if she's ever made him take ball peen hammer shots to the ball peen region?
necrothrash
I like to smell things.

Post by necrothrash »

Burpcore the GRIM wrote:
Cribdeath wrote:He's been phoning it in since "Domination" anyways.
I almost hate to say it but yeah, pretty much.
Yeah ok... If we are going to have a psuedo-serious discussion, then I would have to agree. Formulas was a great record for that time. I enjoyed every aspect of the songwriting, guitar solos, vocals, drumming, and production. Could have lived without the throwaway tracks at the end, but I have grown to accept them as part of the full album. I have always thought Steve Tucker was superior to Vincent on bass and singing. Somehow most people like Vincent better? Beats me.

I also loved the guitar tone and many of the riffs on Gateways, but the drum sound was too thin. I suspect Trey was programming all drum beats by this point and Pete was just learning them. Many of the patterns are clearly out of character for a drummer to have "composed" them, and the triggered sound is way too thin with no power. Rutan's solos fly, but Trey stumbles a lot.... too much whiskey, Quake, and bong hits :?

Heretic is like Trey's first solo record. Shit, that Bonus Levels disc is all him! 100% wacky, but I enjoy it from time to time. It just doesn't sound like a band.

And this new song is totally gay. It's like a cross between the off-key wacky slop of Heretic and the singing parts that Dave Vincent's wife liked "the best" on Domination -- which is probably the only Morbid Angel record she owns. Really hoping the new record doesn't follow suit.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Burpcore the GRIM wrote:
Bullturd, the best thing about Gateways was obviously the drumming.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

should have stayed with steve tucker.

'formulas...' is the last album i even bought by them.

i dont think morbid angel matters much anymore.

but if you're going to replace pete sandoval you might as well go with tim yeung.
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

I think...if you're going to be in MA you have to be a really fast, competent, flashy drummer with a lot of endurance but you don't necessarily have to be TOO skilled or all over the place, like Kollias or something. Pete is good for them because I believe the focus is always going to be the guitars...
pleasuretokill
Olde Timer

Post by pleasuretokill »

Burpcore the GRIM wrote:
He must own a kick ass phone! I want one....

"Did your parents put and Atari 2600 in a gold box and wrap it with Genesis paper to fuck with you?" - Pieclun
"theres a new Camo stronger than black ice, its better tasting than all the rest. its 12.5% and tastes sorta like cream soda mixed with piss. i like it!" - ghost boner
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

Bored, Esq. wrote:I think...if you're going to be in MA you have to be a really fast, competent, flashy drummer with a lot of endurance but you don't necessarily have to be TOO skilled or all over the place, like Kollias or something. Pete is good for them because I believe the focus is always going to be the guitars...
'altars of madness' is a great blend of everything. that's what they've lost over the years.
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

BUNGVOX wrote:
Bored, Esq. wrote:I think...if you're going to be in MA you have to be a really fast, competent, flashy drummer with a lot of endurance but you don't necessarily have to be TOO skilled or all over the place, like Kollias or something. Pete is good for them because I believe the focus is always going to be the guitars...
'altars of madness' is a great blend of everything. that's what they've lost over the years.
Well...yeah. No one will ever top that thing.
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

Bored, Esq. wrote:
BUNGVOX wrote:
Well...yeah. No one will ever top that thing.
that one is up there with 'reign in blood' in my book. one of the great metal albums.

i think seeing trey on headbanger's ball acting like a fucking space cadet ruined morbid angel for me to be totally honest.
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

BUNGVOX wrote: i think seeing trey on headbanger's ball acting like a fucking space cadet ruined morbid angel for me to be totally honest.
Why? He's not really human...what did you expect? Have you seen his myspace photos? He's like...10 years old, emotionally. Who the fuck cares?
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

Bored, Esq. wrote:
BUNGVOX wrote: i think seeing trey on headbanger's ball acting like a fucking space cadet ruined morbid angel for me to be totally honest.
Why? He's not really human...what did you expect? Have you seen his myspace photos? He's like...10 years old, emotionally. Who the fuck cares?
haha. i dont know really......maybe i expected him to talk about how he's a 500 year old vampire while he chews on his arm.

i wanted him to be a little more 'necronomicon' styled i guess.
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

BUNGVOX wrote:
Bored, Esq. wrote:
haha. i dont know really......maybe i expected him to talk about how he's a 500 year old vampire while he chews on his arm.

i wanted him to be a little more 'necronomicon' styled i guess.
Understood. Remember in the old days when he used to cut himself and summon demons? *sigh*
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

i remember picking up 'altars of madness' for the first time and being awestruck by the song title 'bleed for the devil'

i was sold.
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

Yeah. Man, that first Grindcrusher comp...changed my life forever...
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

Bored, Esq. wrote:Yeah. Man, that first Grindcrusher comp...changed my life forever...
still bust that one out from time to time.

'chapel of ghouls'.........brutal.
Frickin' Slayer
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Frickin' Slayer »

pleasuretokill wrote:
Burpcore the GRIM wrote:
He must own a kick ass phone! I want one....

ya,heretic rules! this song was my fav on it. so frickin brutal! the "chorus" riff (for lack of a better term) is Godly!

http://myspace.com/scarydeathmetal
riley-o wrote:i'm also a scorpio, not an aries.
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

BUNGVOX wrote:
Bored, Esq. wrote:Yeah. Man, that first Grindcrusher comp...changed my life forever...
still bust that one out from time to time.

'chapel of ghouls'.........brutal.
Well, it's just...for me, at that time, when it came out, that was so new and unexpected and revealed so many new cool bands to me that it had a HUGE effect on me. I'm sure a lot of other people here can echo this (Dan), but it was a fantastic, magical time in metal before the internet and one was just so hungry for new sounds, new possibilities, some way out...

I'm guessing that comp must have been extremely successful for Earache in that it helped sell so many of their albums here in America...but that's a cliche/old news...

Edit: I am always conscious of things like that these days because I'm old and jaded...but I still remember being 16 years old and desperately searching for stuff like this...also why I try to be really nice/supportive of the kids who contact me...those kids are going to form bands that blow my music away...that is the natural progression of things. Thank god.
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

Rosary_Butt_Beads wrote:
You too huh?
Yeah. I'll be on AIM in a few, hit me up...I've been meaning to talk to you...