Fuck You, Canon

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Let Us Help You
DO THE DEW!

Fuck You, Canon

Post by Let Us Help You »

I just wanted to print something out. The flashing LED code of 1 green and 7 orange, however, meant that the ink cartridges were incorrectly installed. Which was weird, because I hadn't touched them and the printer had no problems previously. I tried taking them out and putting them back in. No joy. I tried updating the drivers. No joy. I spent three hours on internet searching for solutions and trying loads of them out. No joy.

The only thing that had changed was that some time had gone by. It had obviously been decided by the printer that I should buy some new cartridges, since I was still using the ones that came included with it after 3 years. It had deduced with the help of the fancy microchips attached to the cartridges that I had printed off way too much shit and had clearly circumvented the need to continually buy ridiculously overpriced new ones. Which I had.

So fuck you, Canon, for participating in the overpricing of ink in first place, forcing my hand to get around it. And fuck you again for subsequently forcing my foot through what was an otherwise decent machine.
Tony Twist
Elitist Prick

Re: Fuck You, Canon

Post by Tony Twist »

Throw it in a fireplace and take pics!
triple clutcher v2.5b
This drum machine utterly confounds me.

Post by triple clutcher v2.5b »

Printing things out is what libraries and friends/family with printers are for.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

triple clutcher v2.5b wrote:Printing things out is what libraries and friends/family with printers are for.
ha! add "color laserjet at work" and you've got me.
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

Those counter microchips are an insane racket... our color laser printer at work had nine fucking parts that it would demand you replace before they stopped working. One was a belt inside, which cost more than the printer itself IIRC. They'd probably be better off giving away the printers then cashing in on the required refill shit.

Anyway, that's some fine smashin'.
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
jakebonz
Foaming at the mouth.

Post by jakebonz »

This is why I love my small HP LaserJet Network printer. Any computer on my network can print to it and out of 5+ years of service, I'm on toner cartridge #2.

Fuck Ink. Go Toner: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... -_-Product
zombiehead
Patient Zero

Post by zombiehead »

i just bought a piece of shit printer at target
Vanessa America
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Vanessa America »

jakebonz wrote:This is why I love my small HP LaserJet Network printer. Any computer on my network can print to it and out of 5+ years of service, I'm on toner cartridge #2.

Fuck Ink. Go Toner: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... -_-Product
I have no need for a printer but I actually checked out the link based on your enthusiasm.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Pyrite Medal of Ignorance wrote:fuck you, you ginger whore.
http://domestigrind.bandcamp.com/
http://www.facebook.com/catbombnyc
Scarlet Bro Hansen
I like to smell things.

Post by Scarlet Bro Hansen »

far be it from me to deter a man from a fine FINE piece of office spacing to a printer but uh. Aren't you just going to have to go out and buy another printer now that's going to have the same exact problem, like every other inkjet printer? Or do you plan to try the laser jet route or are you going to see if Kodak's hype is truthful?
james wrote:im not downloading LeakyRapes
Scarlet Bro Hansen
I like to smell things.

zombiehead wrote:i just bought a piece of shit printer at target
What brand clint?
zombiehead
Patient Zero

Post by zombiehead »

lexmark

i pretty much bought it exclusively for the secret cd trade.. although i'm sure i can find some uses for it in the future
Scarlet Bro Hansen
I like to smell things.

zombiehead wrote:lexmark

i pretty much bought it exclusively for the secret cd trade.. although i'm sure i can find some uses for it in the future

Lexmark are fucking garbage. The only thing they have going for them is some of them started having 5 year warranties and it'd probably be cheaper for you to buy the printer again than the first time you have to replace the ink. From what I hear their ink distribution system is pretty shit compared to other inkjets and the ink basically just falls out of the print head so they run out of ink faster.
Let Us Help You
DO THE DEW!

Post by Let Us Help You »

Scarlet Bro Hansen wrote:far be it from me to deter a man from a fine FINE piece of office spacing to a printer but uh. Aren't you just going to have to go out and buy another printer now that's going to have the same exact problem, like every other inkjet printer? Or do you plan to try the laser jet route or are you going to see if Kodak's hype is truthful?
Nah, I looked at the Kodaks and all they offer are retarded 'All In One' deals that copy, scan and photo-print, raising the price too high. If they had a normal inkjet for £40-50 I'd get that and save on the ink with them, but they don't, so I'm just not going to bother.

Laserjets are initially way too expensive and I'd never use it often enough to justify it anyway. I'll print what little I need done now at the library.
blastocystosis
O.G. Interwebber

Post by blastocystosis »

You wouldn't dare scan your broken printer.
Hypnagogia
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Hypnagogia »

I got a samsung laser printer for ~$100 a while back. who needs color?

If I really need to print in color, I also have an all in one lexmark POS, but I don't remember the last time I needed something in color, that couldn't wait for a work day.

oh shnap:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6828112191
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Mallard's a workin
VueeeuVueeeeuV
DO NOT WANT.

Post by VueeeuVueeeeuV »

OH NO I GOT REALLY DRUNK AND EJACULATED IN MY HAMPER AND ALL MY CLOTHES TURNED INTO A WOMAN OVERNIGHT AND I HAVE NOTHING TO WEAR TO WORK.
Exterminate. EXTERMINATE!
triple clutcher v2.5b
This drum machine utterly confounds me.

Post by triple clutcher v2.5b »

VueeeuVueeeeuV wrote:Image
OH NO I GOT REALLY DRUNK AND EJACULATED IN MY HAMPER AND ALL MY CLOTHES TURNED INTO A WOMAN OVERNIGHT AND I HAVE NOTHING TO WEAR TO WORK.
:awesome: :awesome: :awesome:
neckbeard
Foaming at the mouth.

Post by neckbeard »

networked b/w laser printer supremacy. mine's a brother. i've had mine for 2 or 3 years, printed all my wedding invites on it, and haven't had to replace the half-size toner that comes with it. And it doesnt' take 2 minutes to print a sheet of text, or ever jam.
kale