Jon Hamm as the new Captain America

Music posts are a bannable offense.
VueeeuVueeeeuV
DO NOT WANT.

Re: Jon Hamm as the new Captain America

Post by VueeeuVueeeeuV »

Didn't you also invoke joyce and mellvile in the same sentence? Yikes, comic books do rot your brain.
Exterminate. EXTERMINATE!
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

VueeeuVueeeeuV wrote:Didn't you also invoke joyce and mellvile in the same sentence? Yikes, comic books do rot your brain.
I didn't, and you haven't read either. Rot, poseur.
VueeeuVueeeeuV
DO NOT WANT.

Post by VueeeuVueeeeuV »

If I am to rot my decay happens without inflicting its caustic vapors to the world by ways of trying to turn comic books into literature.
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Post by fallbacktostone »

dave sims cerebus is this generations 'in search of lost time'

what say you adavances?
VueeeuVueeeeuV
DO NOT WANT.

Post by VueeeuVueeeeuV »

I don't know what that means at all. If you want to baffle me you get a gold star, I will make a gold star of frozen urine and send it to you.
NANOplague
I'm not very smart.

Post by NANOplague »

The guy's a great actor and I can definitely see him playing a super hero, but Captain America is so lame. The only way that character could come
off cool in any way is if they Dark Knight him up a bit so he's not so 1940's all american and squeaky-clean lame.
"Infidel defilers... they shall all drown in lakes of blood." ~ Thulsa Doom
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

the writers of this movie... the only other thing they've screenplay'd is narnia movies
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
DeadWalrus
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DeadWalrus »

VueeeuVueeeeuV wrote:Your a corporate stooge who is giving free advertising to a multi-BILLION dollar a year company in their condescending little plan to make money off of young people. If you are such a natural marketer you should be getting a paycheck, otherwise your an idiot who unironically follows a worthless form of art(comic books) that has given the world nothing and is fit only for children.

No i cant stop myself. When a person tells me they "like graphic novels" i know I am dealing with a fucking moron who has no issue being condescended to and whos level of discorse has never reached middle school levels. Comics have no place in adult discorse and you can whine about the comic code all you want but its the truth. Comics are dumb shit for gay babies who are so mentally chllgened that a magical man with super powers however they are explained poses "tough questions" about the world. Fuck comics. Fuck their fans and fuck every cent made by them.
never change i love you so
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

fallbacktostone wrote:josh hamm as red skull..
no makeup necessary!
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
rape bear
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by rape bear »

This thread reads like a school yard fight where the kids just happen to know big words.

Comic nerd!

Am not!

Are too!
http://failed.bandcamp.com
ThE GodDamN BattletweeteR wrote:i would so slap on a strap on and rape his ass.
doubleblumpkin
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by doubleblumpkin »

SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Dad wrote:Pizza nigga
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

The episode where he interviews Natalie Portman is awesome.

"You shaved your head for V for Vendetta. Did you also shave your V for Vagina?"
Green Chamber
Nespithe

Post by Green Chamber »

NANOplague wrote:The guy's a great actor and I can definitely see him playing a super hero, but Captain America is so lame. The only way that character could come
off cool in any way is if they Dark Knight him up a bit so he's not so 1940's all american and squeaky-clean lame.
Cap is usually written in 1 of 2 ways:

1. A man who wholly epitomizes the ideals of the war generation, transported to an era that has forsaken them (for better or worse, just serves as an great vehicle for commentary).
2. A more perpetual figure who encapsulates the general American spirit independently of any given era, injected into more mundane and contemporary situations where all that great sweeping romanticism actually has to be applied to transitory political issues.

Either way, you're talking about a guy who put everything on the line for something he was told to believe in, punched Hitler in the face, then woke up abruptly to find all his family dead and friends turned into corpses or senile prunes. It's an excellent mechanism to examine the way ideals stand up to the test of time, and it's a fuck of a lot more interesting than most superhero characters when you consider the complete emptiness of the "secret identity" aspect of the archetype in his particular case.

I've heard so much conflicting and shifting "news" about this movie that I really have no idea what to expect when it finally hits. There's more potential here than in almost any other comic book project currently in the works. Branagh doing Thor makes me think that Marvel will probably be treating the various franchises leading into the Avengers film with at least a fair degree of thought, but I do worry about this one.

One thing I don't think would improve the movie is "darkening" the character or the story. I think the most intelligent thing to do is keep the Frank Miller shit where it belongs and try to bring out the virtues already present in the source material to life as cohesively as possible. Deconstruction is the most important thing that ever happened to the superhero genre, but it doesn't always have to be done in high contrast with a chainsaw.
Green Chamber
Nespithe

Post by Green Chamber »

VueeeuVueeeeuV wrote:If I am to rot my decay happens without inflicting its caustic vapors to the world by ways of trying to turn comic books into literature.
Nobody understands anything you type, do you realize that? It would take just a marginal amount of effort...
bundlesofvitals
OH LAWD!

Post by bundlesofvitals »

Turd Murder
One Of Many Accounts

Post by Turd Murder »

VueeeuVueeeeuV wrote:So a comic book superhearo. which is to say a character which is only acceptable to people who have the mind of children due to the stupidity implicitly in the very idea, is being played by some new up and coming actor in the world of hollywood, a place that intentionally keeps america dumb,is of note? You are a dispicible young marketing students dream. You are a multimillionaires bitch, and may you suffer for it.
Get off the fucking internet you faggot retard.