uTorrent memory spikes

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Bored, Esq.

uTorrent memory spikes

Post by Bored, Esq. »

Anyone else having this problem? Apparently it's only been an issue with the newest version, 2.0. I went back a version and it cleared it up. But yeah...it was a major issue, sometimes causing my computer to freeze and shut down. Other people reported CPU spikes...
Charles Schulzerie
Amongst the Catacombs of Nephren-ka

Re: uTorrent memory spikes

Post by Charles Schulzerie »

I don't have a problem. Could be a memory leak though. Does it seem to go away after time or does it get progressively worse? How much RAM do you have?
noah thirteen wrote:
Friendly Goatus wrote:I didn't have any tortillas before I took the ambien, Noah. I'm a sharp cookie. I know things.
Just imagine a giant cookie buying tortillas on a shit load of ambien.....
Teufel
Olde Timer

Post by Teufel »

Internet piracy is bad, mmmkay?
Teufel's Tomb » Facebook » Last.FM
Junie Browning wrote:Do you know who I am? I will kill you and rape your family!
death by snoo snoo
I sure do have a lot of posts, lol.

Post by death by snoo snoo »

Only problem I've ever had is getting disconnected as soon as I fire it up. Makes me wonder about my ISP..

Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

I haven't had any memory spike problems on an XP or Windows 7 pc while using uTorrent. I do get massive fluctuations in speed but maybe that's normal?

speaking of torrents, are there any torrent sites/forums that actually seed movies older than like two years? I'm trying to find the Seventh Seal and some other Criterion releases and can't get anything :(
Charles Schulzerie
Amongst the Catacombs of Nephren-ka

Post by Charles Schulzerie »

death by snoo snoo wrote:Only problem I've ever had is getting disconnected as soon as I fire it up. Makes me wonder about my ISP..

Who's your ISP?
noah thirteen wrote:
Friendly Goatus wrote:I didn't have any tortillas before I took the ambien, Noah. I'm a sharp cookie. I know things.
Just imagine a giant cookie buying tortillas on a shit load of ambien.....
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

Spooky Apparition wrote: speaking of torrents, are there any torrent sites/forums that actually seed movies older than like two years? I'm trying to find the Seventh Seal and some other Criterion releases and can't get anything :(
Try:

http://isohunt.com/

RE: this thread topic, I simply started it because I began noticing this problem a few days ago and thought it might help others. I started to freak out but managed to isolate what program was causing it, went to their support forums, etc. I hope they fix it soon...not that there's anything wrong with older versions of the program.
father of lies
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by father of lies »

I had a HELL of a time gettig the new one to istall. It wouldn't let me just declie ad keep the okd version. tOOK like two days. FUck tat shit.
fvkk
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

I've got this now - any time uTorrent is actively downloading, entire computer freezes and has to be restarted. It's frustrating to see that the official uTorrent forum is filled with admins saying "oh, your computer must have malware"... yeah fucking right. http://forum.utorrent.com/viewforum.php?id=3
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

Bored, Esq. wrote:I started to freak out but managed to isolate what program was causing it, went to their support forums, etc.
What WAS causing it? As far as I can tell the only thing all the people have in common is the new version. I installed 1.7.7 and it seems fine again (knock wood).
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

Necrometer wrote:
Bored, Esq. wrote:I started to freak out but managed to isolate what program was causing it, went to their support forums, etc.
What WAS causing it? As far as I can tell the only thing all the people have in common is the new version. I installed 1.7.7 and it seems fine again (knock wood).
They say it's complications with malware, yes, or certain firewall/security programs. Not true, at least in my case. The latest version that works for me is 1.8.3. Anything after that causes problems. Not fun. Hopefully they'll figure it out and get it working okay in the next version.
Krieg
from the moon

Post by Krieg »

Spooky Apparition wrote: speaking of torrents, are there any torrent sites/forums that actually seed movies older than like two years? I'm trying to find the Seventh Seal and some other Criterion releases and can't get anything :(
I guess you did not try hard:

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4995377 ... om-Release
The Torsion wrote:I don't like Krieg
Kurt
switchin' to glide

Post by Kurt »

Spooky Apparition wrote:I haven't had any memory spike problems on an XP or Windows 7 pc while using uTorrent. I do get massive fluctuations in speed but maybe that's normal?

speaking of torrents, are there any torrent sites/forums that actually seed movies older than like two years? I'm trying to find the Seventh Seal and some other Criterion releases and can't get anything :(
Hook me up with your email address and I'll toss you an invite for goem, they've got a lot of Criterion releases, and they offer up a rather generous free leech period!
monsterod wrote:Any pack running wild on some tranny pussy is the one I'm running with.

*howl*
Necrophilic Mallard
I am trying to quit.

Post by Necrophilic Mallard »

been running fine for me.
Fact #7
From an empirical viewpoint, the problem with Free Will (and causality) is reconciling determinism and freedom to make sense of morality.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

I downgraded to 1.7.7 and it's still freezing XP. Is there a fix for this shit? If not, please recommend another client for me... BitTorrent?
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Never had a problem with uTorrent. Check your computers.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
canon.docre
Olde Timer

Post by canon.docre »

I heard certain private trackers are starting to ban or throttle utorrent users because the new version gives preferential transfer rates to other utorrent users, among other unfair practices.
[XHATEXBRIGADEX] because your a polotical faggot
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

Wang Mandu wrote:Never had a problem with uTorrent. Check your computers.
:roll:
I would, but the developers have invented an absolute potpourri of "causes" for the new crashing, which just sprang up when they released the new version... how in the fuck is all this other shit to blame when the new release brought problems no one had ever seen?
http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=30250