Discovery's Life - holy crap

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Hell-haine
Never, ever change, like those shitty bands!

Re: Discovery's Life - holy crap

Post by Hell-haine »

Is it the same footage than BBC Life narrated by Lord Attenborough?
If so I have a few of them.
Bored001 wrote:34 is still wet behind the ears...it's not that you're getting older, you're getting smarter.
bundlesofvitals
OH LAWD!

Post by bundlesofvitals »

Last night's "Creatures of the Deep" was so awesome...when they sped up those cold water creatures 500x and they were eating that seal pup, it looked like Svankmajer doing Life! Secret cuttlefish boning was cool, too.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Oprah still sucks
Repeater
DO THE DEW!

Post by Repeater »

riley-o wrote:
Mr. Budd wrote:While I'M at it - why do you think that marketing = lack of skill. Nobody is asking you to consider the phenomenological merit and decision utility of Oprah's role in working with the Discovery channel. If you do that on your own instead of watching alligators eat fish in incredible detail it's you that might be wrong-headed at least.
it's all well and good that she was brought in to get people to watch. i'm not even saying they shouldn't have gotten oprah, i fully understand why they got oprah. no one said lack of skill until you did; i don't even know what that would be in reference to. we're talking about personal preference here and my personal preference is never hearing fucking oprah's voice because i think she's a leader in turning people into fucking pussies and i associate her voice with morons who slobber up whatever she's selling. it's fine if you can put up with it. that's great. totally happy for you ! but this words-in-mouth bullshit as a way to try to fucking "win" or whatever is beneath you and seeing you resort to it is embarrassing. so you understand, in plain english: i will watch this. i'm not saying they shouldn't use oprah, i just personally will wait until i can watch it without her. stop being a fucking retard.
Does all that seriously go through your mind when you hear Oprah's voice? I used to think this way when I was 15. I remember once listening to a rap song where the MC said "I get down like syndrome" which my friends thought was hilarious but I thought was stupid because A) it's Down's syndrome (with an "s") and B) it didn't technically make sense; therefore it represented a general lack of education and creativity in my mind. But that's when I was 15. Now I think it's a sweet ass line because I don't have a stick up my ass and an elitist chip on my shoulder. But hey, I'll agree Attenborough is better than Oprah.
The world may seem cruel. The worldly may hate us. In time we will show the world why the world made us.

Check out The MPLS Henrys!
Gookstorm
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Gookstorm »

I'm so fucking glad I downloaded the BBC version. David Attenborough rules, and being in HD certainly doesn't hurt. Probably going to get the Blu-Ray just because I like to support good programs somehow.

God it's good to have a decent TV. The cinematography and general camera work they put into this is fucking unbelievable. You don't need $1 billion to recreate some alien landscape to make something jaw-dropping, folks. Maybe about $50 million, but nature almost never fails to get a reaction out of me.
Repeater wrote:Does all that seriously go through your mind when you hear Oprah's voice?
Actually, yes. It's kind of what I do - have rapid flashbacks and visual associations of something when I'm cued by its other features like most other people I figured.
ThE GodDamN BattletweeteR wrote:
Gookstorm wrote:Koreans hate Americans too much to ever fuck them, silly roundeyes.
obviously you never been to kunsan, osan, or seoul.
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

Repeater wrote:But that's when I was 15. Now I think it's a sweet ass line because I don't have a stick up my ass and an elitist chip on my shoulder.
You need to read these sentences again.